• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
OMG. I've always been wondering this, but what do you use to make the shadows look so good?
If you're talking about the pic I posted, I didn't draw it. I have no talent, lol. I found it on google images, and the artist signed the his work if you're really interested.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Throw him in as a Boss/Playable, although AT would still be cool. I don't know, he's the character I want most in Brawl by far, Black Mage the only character that even remotely compares.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He'll keep on updating. Just this time it will be unlockables and he won't be holding back anything.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Sakurai kept updating the site after Melee came out since February, like the Bassoonist guy said; he will focus on the unlockables and won't hold anything back. Anyways, Skull Kid would be cool, but as you can tell from my sig, I prefer Vaati.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Majora's Mask was an incredible game, if we can't have Skull Kid as playable I'm at least hoping Great Bay returns. This time with a day and night cycle and showing the moon coming down in an actual three day cycle with the stage shaking and everything.

That's how the one in Melee should have been.

I know many people hate that stage, but Majora's Mask needs SOME representation!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Because it's a pain to play on... lol. It's really easy to fall of the stage and then there's the platform on the right that if somebody knocks you under the stage you'll bounce off and die instantly (sorry I'm not good at explaining, I hope you know what I mean.)

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Indeed.

So, I've got a question. Should Skull Kid move like GaW or Mewtwo? Floaty or choppy. It varies from scene to scene in Majora's Mask. I imagine him more like GaW than Mewtwo, to be honest. Still, thought I should get some other opinions.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
yes its either like kraidguy or floaty.
i can image it more floaty but his taunts could be the thing where he shakes. his scream. the 2 faires swarm around him. he does gandorfs taunt but the the magic stuff from mm around him.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
No, Clock Town's clock tower should be his stage. It will be normal first, like it is shown most of the time, with rooftops on either side of it. Then after a minute, it flips and is the area where Skull Kid summons the moon, and is completely flat. Then it goes back through time and ends up on the first part again.

Ryan Colby

Smash Cadet
Hell ya sull kis all the way. And for his Final Smash it could be like having the moon hit the arena .

Also give it up for young link in majoras mask he should be a character.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys remember the very first part of mm right after the skull kid steals your horse? It`s the entrance to the cavern that you fall in. I think that should be his stage. The music should be the opening music and then the s.k chase music.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
clock tower oh boy would i love that stage.
but that would mean 3 zelda stages.
but oh well. im sure suraki can figure something out.
i doubt that melee stage meant anything anyways.
although its my second faveorite.
used to be my faveorite and almost tied first

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Clock Tower would be epic, although I wouldn't count out Lost Woods. It was where he first appeared, and wasn't the origin of Skull Kid a child who got lost in the woods and turned into an imp? Possibilities for stages could be the bridge from OoT where you get the fairy ocarina, or... well, that's all I can think of. I'd prefer something from Majora's Mask. If not Clock Town, I would like Snowhead to make an appearance, because it could make a really good stage.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I might as well post this while there's still some activity here.

Revised & Completed Moveset:

In this moveset, Majora’s Mask is actually the true power behind the character, and the Skull Kid acts only as a puppet. I made Skull Kid into a very VERY unique character with a dynamic playstyle.

At the start of the fight, you play as Skull Kid, who is weak and fragile, yet annoying and deceptive. However, Majora’s Mask begins to slowly glow over time, becoming a brighter and brighter yellow. When the mask is fully charged and ready to be released, the eyes on the mask will light up and the little tendrils along the sides will come alive and begin to wave up and down.

Your goal as Skull kid is to make use of avoidance and stunning moves to incapacitate your opponent until Majora is at full power. Once it has reached that point, activate Majora’s Mask by pressing Down+B. The Mask will detach itself from Skull Kid’s body, float up and sprout arms and legs, becoming an incarnation.

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-4zppf5NM

The now helpless Skull Kid falls to the ground, unconscious after being drained of all of his power and acts as a non-combative object. Just be careful, if his body fails to land on solid ground, he will fall and die. Majora himself will not die, however, he will not be able to return back to his puppet to regenerate his power after he is weakened.

In his incarnation form, Majora will be exceptionally fast and powerful, with many juggling combos and powerful knockbacks. He also has an awkward fighting style -- bouncing and dancing while moving about. Due to this, however, after a short period of time, Majora will become exhausted and very weak, retracting his arms and legs and becoming the floating mask, unable to perform any attacks. You must guide Majora’s Mask near enough to Skull Kid’s body and Press B+Down to re-sync the characters. (Note: Majora gains the glide ability while in its mask form, to help it recover if it loses power when off the stage.)

The only way to earn a KO on this character is to kill Majora itself, whether attached to the Skull Kid or not. Majora’s Mask takes all of the damage and it transfers over to the Skull Kid when reunited.

Skull Kid Moveset

Stats
Strength: 1/5
Speed: 5/5
Weight: 2/5
Jump: 4/5
Recovery: 4/5

A Moves
Tap A: Tatl bonks opponent
Tap AA: Tael bonks opponent
Tap AAA+: Tatl & Tael repeatedly bonk opponent
[NOTE: Tatl & Tael act as a disjointed hitbox]

Forward Tilt: Swift Double Kick
Up Tilt: Twirling Headbutt
Down Tilt: Downward Cross-Swipe

Forward Smash: Points forward, Tatl & Tael launch at opponent then return
Up Smash: Skull Kid ducks and covers, Tatl & Tael rapidly circle his body and launch upward
Down Smash: Skull Kid thrusts his arms to his sides, flaring open his hands while Tatl & Tael sweep around his feet below
[NOTE: Tatl & Tael act as a disjointed hitbox]

Dash A: Claps both hands together in the front of his body

Neutral Air: Spinning slap, arms flailing
Forward Air: Pushes forward with flat palms directly in front
Down Air: Skull Kid points down, Tatl sweeps across below his feet
Back Air: Skull Kid points back, Tael sweeps across behind him
Up Air: Backflip Kick

Grabs
Close Range Grab
Grab Attack: Slap
Up Throw: Psychic/Telekinetic launch upward, Tatl & Tael knock into them on the way up
Down Throw: Shoves them down while Tatl & Tael beat on them on the ground
Forward Throw: Psychic/Telekinetic push, opponent slides across the floor
Back Throw: Flips them doing a backward roll

B Moves
B: Blow Dart: (Attack from OoT) Uses his flute/blow gun to fire darts which do minor damage and interrupt the target, like Falco’s Laser.

B+Forward: Deku Nut: Tosses a Deku Nut a short distance that creates a large
flash and a loud snap, stunning the opponent.

B+Up: Vanish: (Move from OoT & TP) Skull Kid performs a backflip and then vanishes into a puff of smoke, appearing in a different spot.

B+Down: Majora’s Incarnation: Abandon’s Skull Kid and transforms into Majora when the mask is glowing, otherwise does nothing.

Final Smash
Final Hour: Summons the moon which crashes down slowly through the stage. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73hH8fx4hEg

Taunts
Up Taunt: Shakes his head and mask a few times while laughing
Left/Right Taunt: Stares down at the palm of his hand
Down Taunt: Crosses his arms and levitates

Majora Moveset

Combat Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13tUlPTC74

Stats (Overpowered!)
Strength: 5/5
Speed: 5/5
Weight: 5/5
Jump: 2/5
Recovery: 2/5

A Moves
Tap A: Double forward fist
Tap AA: Double forward fist + Knee
Tap AAA: Double forward fist+ Knee + Headbutt to the ground

Forward Tilt: Spinning back kick
Up Tilt: Overhead kick (like Ganon's)
Down Tilt: Downward shadow pulse

Forward Smash: Sprouts its whips and spreads its arms out, then slams the whips together like a clap
Up Smash: Sprouts its whips and then slashes them over his head in a dome-like arc (each arm moving in alternate directions)
Down Smash: Sprouts its whips and spins around, sweeping the ground

Dash A: Stands up stiffly and knocks them down with his chest

Neutral Air: Shadow electricity radiates from its body (like Mewtwo's)
Forward Air: Forward drill kick
Down Air: Meteor stomp
Back Air: Menacing back elbow
Up Air: Upward shadow pulse

Grabs
Ranged Grab (The same kind as Samus and Link – we need more ranged grabs)
Grab Move: Sprouts two long tentacle whips from its arms
Grab Attack: Electric whip constraint
Up Throw: Tosses opponent slightly into the air and then performs a spinning
whip combo to strike them further up
Down Throw: Slams opponent down and whips them furiously
Forward Throw: Throws opponent forward while simultaneously firing a
Flame Beam from the mask on his chest. (B special move)
Back Throw: Wraps up opponent tightly and launches them behind himself

B Moves
B: Flame Beam: (Attack used in form 1) Majora’s Mask charges up, then fires a thin, long-range beam of molten flame from the mask on his chest that can be aimed by tilting the control stick up or down. Over time the beam’s thickness becomes less and less until it dissipates.

B+Forward: (Attack used in form 2) Shadow Rush: Dashes forward quickly with a trail of multiple images behind him. Each image damages the target caught in the move as if they were in a combo. This move does shadow damage.

B+Up: Tentacle Lash: (Attack used in form 3) Quickly sprouts two long tentacles from its arms which flail overhead and then forcefully whip the ground. If contact is made, it shocks them for a second before releasing them. Also can be used to latch onto ledges and climb back onto the stage.

B+Down: Acquire Puppet: Re-attaches itself to the body of Skull Kid if near enough to sync, otherwise does nothing.

Final Smash
Final Hour: Summons the moon which crashes down slowly through the stage.

Taunts
Up Taunt: Tilts its head up and roars loudly
Left/Right Taunt: A dance that bounces side to side
Down Taunt: Performs a short moonwalk

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSc-2w8564&feature=related

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Um it's probably the only way Skull Kid has any chance of getting in.

Skull Kid himself is pretty boring otherwise, without the Mask and Majora, he is nothing...

Besides he would need a unique moveset for him to stand out from all the other potential character options, something that gives Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers merit.

Top Bottom