• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can We Save Brawl?

Will Brawl die out?

• Total voters

CuRsE

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
If Brawl would have given more to offer, when it came to tech reads, and competitive gameplay in general, I'd say the game was worth the hype. However, it was just so mediocre compared to what the other smash games offered, and I feel the same about Sm4sh, with it having a little more to offer, and I mean LITTLE. (cough):4cloud:(cough) <3

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
Damn, so much :salt: in this post.

Honestly, the anti-Smash 4 stigma in the Brawl boards is hilarious. At least I'm not trying to stay attached to a dead game. Brawl is a good game, but it has a hell of a lot of design issues. Tripping, ridiculously low hitstun, the superfluous imbalance between characters to the point where some characters are just straight up unusable in top level play, I could go on. Just because Brawl has more advanced tech doesn't make it the fundamentally better game.

On the topic of Smash 4's roster, Palutena and Rosalina not fit for fighting? Seriously? I guess by that logic characters such as Peach shouldn't be in Smash because they're oh so innocent.
Is that a 'start button being repeatedly pressed' image? If so I guess it's supposed to imply rage. If not I have no idea.

What's hilarious about people expressing that their opinion of something is less agreeable than your own? Were you around for the inception of Brawl, and do you remember the outcry from the community, damning it as being a different game from Melee? As far as I can tell that **** is still going on. Those faults you listed of Brawl are all legit, nevertheless it's still a fun game which is why I don't care if it isn't played on the large scale that it used to be – I'm going to play it and have fun anyway. Not sure why you feel the need to justify yourself playing Smash4, this isn't a "who's game is better?" argument. Also I haven't said anything about Brawl being a better game because of advanced tehcs, I have yet to even play Smash4. I have heard that it is a good game, but I am reluctant to shell out the money for a WiiU considering that Smash4 might be the only game I use it for. And like I said, I'm too sour about the pathetic character choices that the directors chose so that makes me even more hesitant to buy.

I didn't say Palutena and Rosalina were not fit for fighting, but why would they be someone's first choice to put in a smash game when you have so many better choices (the ones I listed above)? And while Palutena is from an early Nintendo classic, she is still relatively obscure outside of super-duper Kid Icarus fans so she was an odd choice to add to Smash4. I don't want to control random characters in a fighting game simply because they are there or because they happen to come from Nintendo history, I want to derive the satisfaction of controlling a fight-savvy, combat oriented character that piqued my interest in a game of the past and because of how well their abilities translate into a fighting game. All of the titles in the series have done a great job of making these types of characters available until Smash4. It is disappointing to see Nintendo veer away from what made these games so awesome to begin with.

I love every Smash game, but I'm not going to tolerate people taking jabs others for playing a certain game or preferring one over another. That's just dumb. Even if I like all the games, it doesn't mean I don't have criticisms for them either.
Oh? You seemed to have no hesitancy to take a jab at me for preferring to not play Smash4 (yet). Come on, man. We all know what the differences in the series have been, we all know what the deficiencies for each title are. I simply stated why I have yet to play the newest release in the series, and here you come with a condescending, borderline trolling attitude about the thing, in the same vein that an elitist Melee fanboy would bash Brawl, no less. This thread is about people who love Brawl - regardless of its faults - trying to save it from complete oblivion, not about X game vs Y game.

Last edited:

CuRsE

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
Is that a 'start button being repeatedly pressed' image? If so I guess it's supposed to imply rage. If not I have no idea.

What's hilarious about people expressing that their opinion of something is less agreeable than your own? Were you around for the inception of Brawl, and do you remember the outcry from the community, damning it as being a different game from Melee? As far as I can tell that **** is still going on. Those faults you listed of Brawl are all legit, nevertheless it's still a fun game which is why I don't care if it isn't played on the large scale that it used to be – I'm going to play it and have fun anyway. Not sure why you feel the need to justify yourself playing Smash4, this isn't a "who's game is better?" argument. Also I haven't said anything about Brawl being a better game because of advanced tehcs, I have yet to even play Smash4. I have heard that it is a good game, but I am reluctant to shell out the money for a WiiU considering that Smash4 might be the only game I use it for. And like I said, I'm too sour about the pathetic character choices that the directors chose so that makes me even more hesitant to buy.

I didn't say Palutena and Rosalina were not fit for fighting, but why would they be someone's first choice to put in a smash game when you have so many better choices (the ones I listed above)? And while Palutena is from an early Nintendo classic, she is still relatively obscure outside of super-duper Kid Icarus fans so she was an odd choice to add to Smash4. I don't want to control random characters in a fighting game simply because they are there or because they happen to come from Nintendo history, I want to derive the satisfaction of controlling a fight-savvy, combat oriented character that piqued my interest in a game of the past and because of how well their abilities translate into a fighting game. All of the titles in the series have done a great job of making these types of characters available until Smash4. It is disappointing to see Nintendo veer away from what made these games so awesome to begin with.

Oh? You seemed to have no hesitancy to take a jab at me for preferring to not play Smash4 (yet). Come on, man. We all know what the differences in the series have been, we all know what the deficiencies for each title are. I simply stated why I have yet to play the newest release in the series, and here you come with a condescending, borderline trolling attitude about the thing, in the same vein that an elitist Melee fanboy would bash Brawl, no less. This thread is about people who love Brawl - regardless of its faults - trying to save it from complete oblivion, not about X game vs Y game.
The salt on both the Sm4sh side and the Brawl side is infuriating. Brawl unfortunately is a dead game, as many people were not open for the change from Melee to Brawl in terms of gameplay. Then, when Sm4sh came out, people knew the change wasn't going away, so it had a bigger competitive scene. Either way, BOTH games aren't as good or big in the competitive scene than PM and Melee. There is no changing this fact, get over it.

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
The salt on both the Sm4sh side and the Brawl side is infuriating. Brawl unfortunately is a dead game, as many people were not open for the change from Melee to Brawl in terms of gameplay. Then, when Sm4sh came out, people knew the change wasn't going away, so it had a bigger competitive scene. Either way, BOTH games aren't as good or big in the competitive scene than PM and Melee. There is no changing this fact, get over it.
****ing christ, your reading comprehension skills need a lot of work. So what if Brawl is dead? That doesn't stop me from having fun playing it. I'm not arguing that any one game is better than any other game or that any one game should be a bigger part of the competitive scene, just that I still enjoy playing Brawl despite the current lack of participation and despite its flaws, and that I have a reluctance to move on to Smash4 for now because of my disappointment in the character choices; there is nothing for me to 'get over'. Geeze, dude. You quoted my response to someone else's post. Get over your own damn salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Why don't all of you quit complaining and just go back to Melee for ****'s sake, this argument is killing me since I unfortunately like both Brawl and Sm4sh, which is tearing me apart from the inside because there is nothing but hate between the 2 communities. People have resulted to being rude to each other here, which is pathetic.
N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 Also, Sm4sh does have a different tech to Brawl: Ledge Trumping.

Last edited:

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Honestly, even if I want Brawl to be alive, it is pretty much impossible for this game to revived in the competitive side. Sure I like Brawl in the casual side (the best in the Smash series), but there are some flaws (MK being broken, IC being annoying to deal with, tripping, people being defensive instead of going out, some characters are not being worth to play with in tournaments) in the competitive side that most people would back out and play other Smash games. If Brawl somehow got revived for some reason, then I hope this game can catch more people interested again and should go along with other Smash games.

CuRsE

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
Fvcking christ, your reading comprehension skills need a lot of work. So what if Brawl is dead? That doesn't stop me from having fun playing it. I'm not arguing that any one game is better than any other game or that any one game should be a bigger part of the competitive scene, just that I still enjoy playing Brawl despite the current lack of participation and despite its flaws, and that I have a reluctance to move on to Smash4 for now because of my disappointment in the character choices; there is nothing for me to 'get over'. Geeze, dude. You quoted my response to someone else's post. Get over your own damn salt.
Did I say you can't have fun playing the game? No, I did not say ANYTHING along those lines, so get your salt in line, mkay? I was stating an obvious fact, due to the argument in general going on between brawl being dead and sm4sh being god awful. Before telling me I need to get my reading comprehension skills in order, how about YOU think through what people are saying before ranting on it, and help the entire forum out.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Sometimes it can be really boring and defensive but other times it's really fun to watch at a high level. Acid's Bowser beating Leon's Marth was amazing, and I find Meta Knight dittos pretty fun especially when it's ZeRo vs M2K.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I have just now come up with an idea no one will use but i'll say it anyway. Subspace Emissary intense mode races. I think it would be really cool and players could switch off every character change. It would test the skills of remembering where to go and the best option.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
If Brawl would have given more to offer, when it came to tech reads, and competitive gameplay in general, I'd say the game was worth the hype. However, it was just so mediocre compared to what the other smash games offered, and I feel the same about Sm4sh, with it having a little more to offer, and I mean LITTLE. (cough):4cloud:(cough) <3
That is because you focus on the tournament players "who "play to win" brawl Wi-Fi players as myself and experience (reads, very creative techniques and so forth).

Tocaraca2 Tocaraca2

I just watched the video just now and yes that is a new technique (oh wowww) but how can anyone apply that into a patched this, nerf this type of game? If you can explain to me exactly how this technique will provide any beneficial needs (not just using this technique to become flashy if that's even possible) then okay congratulations you impressed with Smash-4 involved.

Also, I play Melee all the time and at times play Net-play (which is terrible but I still do). I use to play that game like an addict (now Brawl has taken over that) and become so obsessed with mimicking a Chile Fox player known as Dark Fox the flashest and impressive Fox I have ever watched.

So I know Melee is better and the best (ties with Smash-64) but for some reason I enjoy Brawl more and how strange coming from a Melee player who would dedicate all his time into that game. I believe I know why I stayed with Brawl (because I saw potential in that game and better Wi-Fi than Net-play in general when WFC server was still active but Wiimmfi server is better in my opinion).

Brawl overall has had more surprising characters become feared and the most upsets in any game and also the amazing moments <3 That is why I enjoy Brawl more than any other game but yes Melee is the best no doubt about that.

Last edited:

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
Did I say you can't have fun playing the game? No, I did not say ANYTHING along those lines, so get your salt in line, mkay? I was stating an obvious fact, due to the argument in general going on between brawl being dead and sm4sh being god awful. Before telling me I need to get my reading comprehension skills in order, how about YOU think through what people are saying before ranting on it, and help the entire forum out.
Either way, BOTH games aren't as good or big in the competitive scene than PM and Melee. There is no changing this fact, get over it.
That's right, you did not in fact say that I could not have fun with Brawl. And I never said you did. However, you did reply to my quoted post with the above suggestion to "get over it" even though I had never mentioned anything about the state of competitive play or the quality of either game. In other words, you replied to my post with a statement that had nothing to do with the content of my post (there's that lack of reading comprehension coming into play, maybe dust that salt off a bit, m'kay?). I'd call you out for trolling but I'm getting the impression that you just aren't cognitively present enough to realize what you are doing. For future reference, If you wanted to state something about "the argument in general" when it had absolutely zero to do with what I was talking about then you shouldn't have included a quote of my unrelated post. But I know that isn't the case since you were actually aiming for replying to my post as you deliberately quoted me, didn't bother to read what you quoted in my post, twisted around the subject matter again, and now you can't keep up with the conversation and are oozing salt (the saltiest of salts) from every pore, so do yourself (and this forum, apparently) a favor and stop injecting words into the mouths of people who have not spoken them.

I came here to find some people to play Brawl with, not to have some random ass-hat tell me to get over something that I had never mentioned, an argument that I was never part of. Goodbye, CuRsE. Fare thee well.

edit: some words I left out

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I just watched the video just now and yes that is a new technique (oh wowww) but how can anyone apply that into a patched this, nerf this type of game? If you can explain to me exactly how this technique will provide any beneficial needs (not just using this technique to become flashy if that's even possible) then okay congratulations you impressed with Smash-4 involved.
Ledge Trumping is implemented into competitive play a lot, it's not going to be patched out any time soon anyway, it's not a glitch or anything.
I can sense the bias in your voice. You have to be fair towards Sm4sh. You may not like the fact that it is balanced, but that's your opinion, loads of other people prefer a balanced roster.
Also, Link has loads of tech in Sm4sh as well and also has a much better recovery. If in Sm4sh your main is everything that it is in Brawl but better, why don't you play that?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ledge Trumping is implemented into competitive play a lot, it's not going to be patched out any time soon anyway, it's not a glitch or anything.
I can sense the bias in your voice. You have to be fair towards Sm4sh. You may not like the fact that it is balanced, but that's your opinion, loads of other people prefer a balanced roster.
Also, Link has loads of tech in Sm4sh as well and also has a much better recovery. If in Sm4sh your main is everything that it is in Brawl but better, why don't you play that?
I'm not being biased man, I have played Smash-4 the first week the game was out (very curious to view if this game would surpass Brawl tactics) no the game was just more simpler and easier to follow (as if Smash could get anymore simpler just did).

Okay, I still dedicated a whole week playing many players online and man was it easy but boring. Was virtually impossible to start any string up without the use of grabs, up tilts or someone not knowing what to do (not air dodging one bit).

But, I will write I am biased and it's not towards Smash-4 in general (no). The fact that people see Smash-4 more advanced (sigh) they believe the game holds more value (sigh) and the game has more strings (minus grabbing) (sigh).

There is a reason why many prefer Brawl over Smash-4 and it has to do with what I just wrote and many more, like? Rolling, Shield stun, no edge guarding, patched moves (yet this game is too simple) and overall nerf damage ratio and knock back.

No, in Smash-4 Link is terrible, I have yet to see Link move farther in Smash-4 than in brawl (wont happen), why? His Zair is terrible, he can't Arrow cancel anymore which is just stupid, he's very slow from all these nerfs and lack of projectile uses (other than ground Boomerang and arrows). What else? His bombs are terrible in knock back (means no one can string anything up with that type of low knock back other than up smash). You get my point, and Link can only survive because there is no edge guarding.

But either-way, I've watched a few Link matches and he (still) can get gimped or taken off the stage too far (no improvement here just quick fixes that are pitiful on the creator's end).

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I'm not being biased man, I have played Smash-4 the first week the game was out (very curious to view if this game would surpass Brawl tactics) no the game was just more simpler and easier to follow (as if Smash could get anymore simpler just did).

Okay, I still dedicated a whole week playing many players online and man was it easy but boring. Was virtually impossible to start any string up without the use of grabs, up tilts or someone not knowing what to do (not air dodging one bit).

But, I will write I am biased and it's not towards Smash-4 in general (no). The fact that people see Smash-4 more advanced (sigh) they believe the game holds more value (sigh) and the game has more strings (minus grabbing) (sigh).

There is a reason why many prefer Brawl over Smash-4 and it has to do with what I just wrote and many more, like? Rolling, Shield stun, no edge guarding, patched moves (yet this game is too simple) and overall nerf damage ratio and knock back.

No, in Smash-4 Link is terrible, I have yet to see Link move farther in Smash-4 than in brawl (wont happen), why? His Zair is terrible, he can't Arrow cancel anymore which is just stupid, he's very slow from all these nerfs and lack of projectile uses (other than ground Boomerang and arrows). What else? His bombs are terrible in knock back (means no one can string anything up with that type of low knock back other than up smash). You get my point, and Link can only survive because there is no edge guarding.

But either-way, I've watched a few Link matches and he (still) can get gimped or taken off the stage too far (no improvement here just quick fixes that are pitiful on the creator's end).
LOL what? No edge-guarding? Edge guarding is extremely prominent in Sm4sh, with Ledge Trumping contributing greatly to it.
The game doesn't have more strings, but it actually has combos. Real combos. Where you can't escape from the first hit to the last hit, except with DI. Brawl has some but not very many. Sm4sh has an average amount. Melee has a ton. 64 has 10,000 tons.
Patched moves are good IMO, if you don't think so then you are in the minority.
Watch Izaw's Art of Link 2 and 3.

CuRsE

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
I'd have to agree with Tocaraca2 Tocaraca2 , there is plenty of edge-guarding in sm4sh, and it is actually a major part of the game now that Ledge Trumping is involved. Air game and Ledge game are MUCH more important in Sm4sh than other games, as before you could just sit on the ledge at the right time and there would be no stopping you. Brawl has so little to offer compared with Sm4sh, even though Sm4sh is constantly being patched to make it simple, as N.T.A.O said. Brawl will (in the future) have more tech opportunity in the future, because of Sakurai's choice to make Sm4sh simple as can be, but for now, Sm4sh has a lot people don't look at that make it better than Brawl.

But, that's whatever your talking about for you.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
LOL what? No edge-guarding? Edge guarding is extremely prominent in Sm4sh, with Ledge Trumping contributing greatly to it.
The game doesn't have more strings, but it actually has combos. Real combos. Where you can't escape from the first hit to the last hit, except with DI. Brawl has some but not very many. Sm4sh has an average amount. Melee has a ton. 64 has 10,000 tons.
"Watch Izaw Art Of Link 2 3" no I don't copy other Links never have never will. But I watched the video anyways, boring less techniques and technicality but overall the same like Brawl. Only difference is Link's Zair can now move big deal. Again, how will all these little tactics work if the game is too strange towards game-play and mechanics wise it wont.

No, once more no, Smash-4 has no Edge guarding and if you believe or if anyone believes that's Edge guarding then I cringe of grieving. Smash-4 has no Edge guarding that's something actually new that doesn't revolve around Edge guarding but "Trumping" whatever that means (don't care). Lastly Smash-4 will never come near Techniques based towards Brawl. Smash-4 had a few (that barely made a difference) and now they're gone only a few is left big deal. Doesn't make Smash-4 even second with most techniques discovered. Smash-64 has more techniques and that game is decades old but a masterpiece. Thanks.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Is anyone seeing local events with Brawl there? Where I am, there is Melee, Sm4sh, and sometimes Project M. I haven't seen a Brawl listing in... a long time.

D

Deleted member

Is anyone seeing local events with Brawl there? Where I am, there is Melee, Sm4sh, and sometimes Project M. I haven't seen a Brawl listing in... a long time.
Finding a Brawl tournament is as rare as finding a shiny Pokemon. It's because the game's so unpopular and it would turn in low attendance numbers considering the popularity of Melee and Smash 4, so most TOs don't bother with it.

sijon

Smash Ace
I don't want to sound proud and rude (something I try to avoid) but do you have any idea how non-technical Link is Sm4sh? I don't hate Sm4sh, in fact I will admit it did some great things, thus making it popular but changing Link was not one of them. Having played Link from 64, Melee, PM, Brawl I knew what the character could and could not do (excuse my "knowledge" here, not trying to sound smart).

Yes Izaw's Link is good no doubt about that, but his Link does not compare to great Link players in Melee and Brawl when it comes to creativity and technicality. The fact that you say Link is more technical in Sm4sh upsets me because this game removed everything good about Link from past games, despite Link being a bad character in those past games. I would recommend Brawling me or N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 or even Omar_25 Omar_25 Link. Hopefully if you do you will understand what us Link mains from 64, Melee and Brawl despise of Sm4sh.

As for me I do not hate Sm4sh, in fact I really enjoy it and it is really fun and intense at times. But I will never play Link because of everything that was taken away from him in this game. In a game where characters strive off of low percent grab combo's and mobility, Link is not a good character or at least now what he was before. Before you say things such as "Watch Izaw's Art of Link 2 and 3",which I have already watched, (excuse me once again.) please learn the inside's and out's of this character, what he has to deal with on a daily basis and what his strengths were. This is why I do not play Link in Sm4sh.

Even if you have read my previous post on the characters I main in Sm4sh, I shall just say it once again. I will main Marth and Captain Falcon due to them not being as technical as other I have mained in previous games. But I would not be surprised to see even the simplest of characters nerfed, due to its's creator. Sakurai can do amazing things, some bad. Speaking of Sakurai, :4cloud: HYPE!!. How does a FF character even make it into smash?? Sakurai...

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Finding a Brawl tournament is as rare as finding a shiny Pokemon. It's because the game's so unpopular and it would turn in low attendance numbers considering the popularity of Melee and Smash 4, so most TOs don't bother with it.
False, Canada has Brawl tournaments quite often (or so I've heard).

I don't want to sound proud and rude (something I try to avoid) but do you have any idea how non-technical Link is Sm4sh? I don't hate Sm4sh, in fact I will admit it did some great things, thus making it popular but changing Link was not one of them. Having played Link from 64, Melee, PM, Brawl I knew what the character could and could not do (excuse my "knowledge" here, not trying to sound smart).

Yes Izaw's Link is good no doubt about that, but his Link does not compare to great Link players in Melee and Brawl when it comes to creativity and technicality. The fact that you say Link is more technical in Sm4sh upsets me because this game removed everything good about Link from past games, despite Link being a bad character in those past games. I would recommend Brawling me or N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 or even Omar_25 Omar_25 Link. Hopefully if you do you will understand what us Link mains from 64, Melee and Brawl despise of Sm4sh.

As for me I do not hate Sm4sh, in fact I really enjoy it and it is really fun and intense at times. But I will never play Link because of everything that was taken away from him in this game. In a game where characters strive off of low percent grab combo's and mobility, Link is not a good character or at least now what he was before. Before you say things such as "Watch Izaw's Art of Link 2 and 3",which I have already watched, (excuse me once again.) please learn the inside's and out's of this character, what he has to deal with on a daily basis and what his strengths were. This is why I do not play Link in Sm4sh.

Even if you have read my previous post on the characters I main in Sm4sh, I shall just say it once again. I will main Marth and Captain Falcon due to them not being as technical as other I have mained in previous games. But I would not be surprised to see even the simplest of characters nerfed, due to its's creator. Sakurai can do amazing things, some bad. Speaking of Sakurai, :4cloud: HYPE!!. How does a FF character even make it into smash?? Sakurai...
I'm surprised that you would mention me as a notable link. I mean, my Link is THAT good. You and CoH are obviously better, lol.

sijon

Smash Ace

I'm surprised that you would mention me as a notable link. I mean, my Link is THAT good. You and CoH are obviously better, lol.
Well your Link is good man! But basically my point was to mention Links who were technical, knew what they were doing and were unpredictable, rather than Izaw's (still good, probably better than mine) Link which is obvious most notably his constant z-air spamming and aggressive playstyle.

sijon

Smash Ace

Haha I live in Canada yet there aren' really any tourneys near me or that I have heard from other than Toronto which is still really active in Brawl and PM.

EDIT: Never mind I just found some tourneys nearby, I should probably attend them...

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I don't think one region having Brawl tournaments disproves his statement.
How would it not? From what I could understand, he was claiming that Brawl tournaments were almost nonexistant, which they are not seeing as Canada has Brawl tournaments. So it would make sense to me that what I posted disproves his statement.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
How would it not? From what I could understand, he was claiming that Brawl tournaments were almost nonexistant, which they are not seeing as Canada has Brawl tournaments. So it would make sense to me that what I posted disproves his statement.
What? "Almost nonexistant" allows for a couple regions to still be hosting tournaments. He said they were rare, not gone. I'm trying to point out that the numbers really aren't on your side. What other regions are hosting Brawl tournaments? More importantly, how many regions are no long hosting Brawl events?

sijon

Smash Ace
I don't think one region having Brawl tournaments disproves his statement.
Canada is not a region, it is a country, meaning there are still tourneys for Brawl and especially Project M ( I don't know why but Canadians like PM for some reason, including me). @Feelicks statement is still just his own opinion. Not that it could be untrue but it is his opinion.

Since I happen to live in Canada (proud of it too), I also happen to know where tourneys are in my area. Yes that does not disprove his statement but it shows that Brawl (and PM which is sadly slowly dying as well) have support in some areas.

sijon

Smash Ace
What? "Almost nonexistant" allows for a couple regions to still be hosting tournaments. He said they were rare, not gone. I'm trying to point out that the numbers really aren't on your side. What other regions are hosting Brawl tournaments? More importantly, how many regions are no long hosting Brawl events?
Regions are divisions within a country, making Canada still active in Brawl as far as I know. If you or anyone else would like to see if there are any tournaments for (almost) any game (almost) anywhere or in your area, here is a link https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/wiki/facebook You can confirm what you want with this.

EDIT: Isn't this thread supposed to be about "How can we save Brawl?"? It says clearly on the title what it is about so instead of arguing about whether or not there are Brawl tourneys, we should be trying to find ways to help the game which has never really had any support in the first place. It's a dying game and we as a community are the only individuals capable of saving it. This just depends on our love for the game and whether this love will help it out or if we all just be stubborn and argue of childish opinions since this thread is meant for the saving of Brawl.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

Was waiting for someone to mention Canada thanks a lot Omar (finally).

Well, like I wrote, I don't despise Smash-4 for the game-play but the credit given to the game above all other games. That little remark makes me annoyed and wanting to write about this situation (yet I have no interest whatsoever in this game at all).

If people or players would leave things the way they are and focus on making Smash-4 something else (without the over needed bs that doesn't make me regret writing what I wrote) like 64, Melee and Brawl all did to deserve the credibility (through years of game-play struggling and adapting into bringing the game into new heights) then I would support Smash-4 only for that reason; however, Smash-4 players take stability way too far as in (Smash-4 new game better than all other Smash games forget those years of hard Brawl, Melee and 64 dedication, "Sm4sh babe!" This is why I despise this creation and the new generation of gaming (they show no real dedication before deciding) until eight years come up and almost everyone is still enjoying Smash-4 with the occasional patches and will get worse I bet (then and only then can Smash-4 be added in credibility only without "placement" just hard work that I will have to become fond off no matter what).

Until then no, keep blabbering and annoying people like myself who will never fathom what the big deal is to this deal, we want to see what Smash-4 will hold now and until eight years from now then acceptance shall be admitted from the "elites" thanks.

Edit: Europe organizes tournaments once in a while, I know the Middle East does as well and a few more (your theory has become debunked and a myth).

Edit once more: sijon sijon

Yes the title does read that, but where there is Brawl there has to be a useless debate and accusations about Smash-4 (yet Smash-4 players write "Smash-4 is better" yet they come into a (Brawl) thread. Sad part they have no right to mention Brawl only Melee does since there come actual Chemistry. Smash-4 is just all alone wanted to be a "big dog".

My solution still stands, focus on the wi-Fi scene, why? Brawl is active simple as that, save good matches with high techniques and death blow set ups and send them to people to upload. As soon as I have 100% time to focus on this Brawl conundrum (I would be happy to upload Brawl replays for anyone just need them to be as creative and entertaining as possible). As well, upload my own matches and my "legendary" Link and such. Just all around bombard the search bar with Brawl and show (Brawl's great we're back and here to stay and lay back with the rest of the Smash series video games globally).

Whether people despise Wi-Fi or not... it's what there is truly left to build a new tree healthier, stronger, and better than ever. Don't forget there's (still) so much more to Brawl that haven't been discovered (ever since Smash-4 so let's just pick off where the rest stopped completely).

Last edited:

sijon

Smash Ace
Was waiting for someone to mention Canada thanks a lot Omar (finally).

Well, like I wrote, I don't despise Smash-4 for the game-play but the credit given to the game above all other games. That little remark makes me annoyed and wanting to write about this situation (yet I have no interest whatsoever in this game at all).

If people or players would leave things the way they are and focus on making Smash-4 something else (without the over needed bs that doesn't make me regret writing what I wrote) like 64, Melee and Brawl all did to deserve the credibility (through years of game-play struggling and adapting into bringing the game into new heights) then I would support Smash-4 only for that reason; however, Smash-4 players take stability way too far as in (Smash-4 new game better than all other Smash games forget those years of hard Brawl, Melee and 64 dedication "Sm4sh babe!" This is why I despise this creation and the new generation of gaming (you show no real dedication before deciding) until eight years come up and almost everyone is still enjoying Smash-4 with the occasional patches and will get worse I bet (then and only then can Smash-4 be added in credibility only without "placement" just hard work that I will have to become fond off no matter what).

Until then no, keep blabbering and annoying people like myself who will never fathom what the big deal is to this deal, we want to see what Smash-4 will hold now and until eight years from now then acceptance shall be admitted from the "elites" thanks.

Edit: Europe organizes tournaments once in a while, I know the Middle East does as well and a few more (your theory has become debunked and a myth).

Edit once more: sijon sijon

Yes the title does read that, but where there is Brawl there has to be a useless debate and accusations about Smash-4 (yet Smash-4 players write "Smash-4 is better" yet they come into a (Brawl) thread. Sad part they have no right to mention Brawl only Melee does since there come actual Chemistry. Smash-4 is just all alone wanted to be a "big dog".

My solution still stands, focus on the wi-Fi scene, why? Brawl is active simple as that, save good matches with high techniques and death blow set ups and send them to people to upload. As soon as I have 100% time to focus on this Brawl conundrum (I would be happy to upload Brawl replays for anyone just need them to be as creative and entertaining as possible). As well, upload my own matches and my "legendary" Link and such. Just all around bombard the search bar with Brawl and show (Brawl's great we're back and here to stay and lay back with the rest of the Smash series video game globally).

Whether people despise Wi-Fi or not... it's what there is truly left to build a new tree healthier, stronger and better than ever. Don't forget there (still) so much more to Brawl that haven't been discovered (ever since Smash-4 so let's just pick off where the rest stopped completely).
Yeah definitely. I'm just glad my country still has some Brawl left in it. It's sad to see a game of it's potential just die because of it's unwilling and ungrateful community (some, not all) who want everything served on a silver platter.

This is the mentality of children, some of which lurk smashboards with their opinions which are completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

I shall continue to support all Smash games for my love of video games and of the series, but Brawl will always be that game I love.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah definitely. I'm just glad my country still has some Brawl left in it. It's sad to see a game of it's potential just die because of it's unwilling and ungrateful community (some, not all) who want everything served on a silver platter.

This is the mentality of children, some of which lurk smashboards with their opinions which are completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

I shall continue to support all Smash games for my love of video games and of the series, but Brawl will always be that game I love.
Indeed, Brawl is the only game to have a little of everything, a Smash-64 experience, and Melee experience and a little Brawl in general experience (it's perfect <3 or close really). Hope you attend a Canada Brawl tournament and show how Link needs to be played and seen as. We'll keep training so you can mimic my game-play and add and modify some parts that suffice your taste in that character.

Yes, truly pitiful, but we can't really blame them completely, they just mimic what everyone else does (or the majority) they haven't developed their frontal lobes completely to mature completely (true fact btw). And of course they're some individuals who act not for their age as if they were dropped on their heads when they were little kids (why do I feel this statement might actually become true sigh).

Yes, they do indeed stalk certain threads and defend Smash-4 here's the sad and pitiful part though. Almost all the users defending Smash-4 are no doubt below the eighteen year old range some users who are young but man are they impressive with their maturity level. I always check if they show their age and sure enough I'm right. At times of course I check users that are like thirty years old and act the same way as a ten year old or thirteen year old (not all through but the majority no doubt).

I too act this way (but only on purpose), because acting like a moron at times is the only way to hush a few users which is enough to make me fall back asleep peacefully.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Canada is not a region, it is a country, meaning there are still tourneys for Brawl and especially Project M ( I don't know why but Canadians like PM for some reason, including me). @Feelicks statement is still just his own opinion. Not that it could be untrue but it is his opinion.

Since I happen to live in Canada (proud of it too), I also happen to know where tourneys are in my area. Yes that does not disprove his statement but it shows that Brawl (and PM which is sadly slowly dying as well) have support in some areas.
Do all or most regions of Canada still host Brawl tournaments?

sijon

Smash Ace
Do all or most regions of Canada still host Brawl tournaments?
I'm not sure if there are tourneys everywhere around Canada but I do know that Toronto is still very active in Brawl and all the other smash games. You can always check the link I provided in one of my previous posts to see if there are any.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'm not sure if there are tourneys everywhere around Canada but I do know that Toronto is still very active in Brawl and all the other smash games. You can always check the link I provided in one of my previous posts to see if there are any.
Montreal, also Canada has the most Brawl activity going on which is wonderful to view.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
"Watch Izaw Art Of Link 2 3" no I don't copy other Links never have never will. But I watched the video anyways, boring less techniques and technicality but overall the same like Brawl. Only difference is Link's Zair can now move big deal. Again, how will all these little tactics work if the game is too strange towards game-play and mechanics wise it wont.

No, once more no, Smash-4 has no Edge guarding and if you believe or if anyone believes that's Edge guarding then I cringe of grieving. Smash-4 has no Edge guarding that's something actually new that doesn't revolve around Edge guarding but "Trumping" whatever that means (don't care). Lastly Smash-4 will never come near Techniques based towards Brawl. Smash-4 had a few (that barely made a difference) and now they're gone only a few is left big deal. Doesn't make Smash-4 even second with most techniques discovered. Smash-64 has more techniques and that game is decades old but a masterpiece. Thanks.
I'm ****ing done, I have nothing more to say, all I see from you is uneducated replies against Sm4sh. Don't bother teaching me about how bad Sm4sh is, I alreayd have seen your points and some are true but the rest is just bull****. Thanks.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I find the entire Link discussion pitiful. Link is at his best in this game people are turning him down. BTW there is edge guarding in this game like seriously here I will put the words edge and guard together. Edge Guard. I you can stop someone from coming back to the stage GUESS WHAT there is edge guarding. Like jeez at least know the game.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Could we just drop this subject and move on to what this thread is supposed to be about? Arguing about something as stupid as this won't accomplish anything.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm largely intrigued to see how you think you're going to achieve this. One of the major criticisms leveled against Melee was that the community was full of people stuck in the past and unable to adopt the new (and improved?) iterations of the series. If the Brawl community at large truly believed that, that suggests that most people moved onto Smash 4 with no intention of coming back. I find it interesting that the Brawl community now sits almost exactly where Melee sat a while back.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I'm ****ing done, I have nothing more to say, all I see from you is uneducated replies against Sm4sh. Don't bother teaching me about how bad Sm4sh is, I alreayd have seen your points and some are true but the rest is just bull****. Thanks.
I could continue this feud (which is pointless) so I will just pity your comment and move on (what you wanted of course).

Now I have a question I've always been so curious upon and that is, who does any user here believe would be the next Super Smash Brothers Brawl underrated character to become something as they all already are. I want to see if maybe this will help Brawl move along. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Not a ban on MK or IC's, but a ban on any matchup involving them except Meta Knight vs Ice Climbers, which I believe is a fair matchup. Everybody else seems to lose to them. This would mean people would stop playing MK and IC's as much but people who like them as a character would play as them, just not to win the tournament.
Also, high tier vs low tier matchups would be banned too. No Marth vs Zelda, Marth would obviosuly win, and nobody would choose low tiers.

Actually now that I think about it, everything I've suggested is pointless because I've seen Bowser beat Marth in tournament, so yeah.

Top Bottom