• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can We Save Brawl?

Will Brawl die out?

• Total voters

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I was looking for the recommended controls that most people use , but thanks anyway. I main Pit so I'm wondering what the best controls for him are.
And how do you do bombslide with the C-Stick set to Smash? I thought it was easier with setting the C-Stick to attack.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
... Anyone?
I thought that somebody would have replied by now to answer my question, especially as multiple people are watching this thread. I guess not. Oh well.

Unless everyone has gone on holiday.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I was looking for the recommended controls that most people use , but thanks anyway. I main Pit so I'm wondering what the best controls for him are.
And how do you do bombslide with the C-Stick set to Smash? I thought it was easier with setting the C-Stick to attack.
All you need the C-Stick for when doing a bombslide (which I'm pretty sure requires the same inputs as a DACUS, it's the only way I've been able to do it) is to input a dash attack. So there really wouldn't be a difference between the two.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
... Anyone?
I thought that somebody would have replied by now to answer my question, especially as multiple people are watching this thread. I guess not. Oh well.

Unless everyone has gone on holiday.
No, just busy really, yes, Bomb Sliding on the Cstick is the semi hardest technique to master in SSBB difficult most difficult in you're wondering is Lucas's techniques (in general).

Mastering Link and all his tools is like mastering a car made out of Cinder block (beyond difficult) but when mastered Link is virtually indestructible (a Cinder block car) but when offstage always a struggle (like a Cinder block escaping a mud puddle) you get the picture I assume.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
All you need the C-Stick for when doing a bombslide (which I'm pretty sure requires the same inputs as a DACUS, it's the only way I've been able to do it) is to input a dash attack. So there really wouldn't be a difference between the two.
Wait whaaaaaat? I thought that a bombslide was a Jump Cancelled Bomb Throw?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Wait whaaaaaat? I thought that a bombslide was a Jump Cancelled Bomb Throw?
May I ask why you're all of a sudden curious about Link's techniques?

And yes that's the first Bomb Slide (the Up throw fake out Bomb Slide) which is simply DACUS with a Bomb there are still four more set ups to this technique that I have demonstrated in our matches many times and they're quite tedious to master all together.

Glide tossing is just shield analog direction at the same time while Bomb Sliding is has a few technical (in general) in-puts to preform.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
May I ask why you're all of a sudden curious about Link's techniques?

And yes that's the first Bomb Slide (the Up throw fake out Bomb Slide) which is simply DACUS with a Bomb there are still four more set ups to this technique that I have demonstrated in our matches many times and they're quite tedious to master all together.

Glide tossing is just shield analog direction at the same time while Bomb Sliding is has a few technical (in general) in-puts to preform.
Oh never mind then, I'll change my C-Stick back to Smash Attack. Pit's tilts aren't that amazing anyway

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh never mind then, I'll change my C-Stick back to Smash Attack. Pit's tilts aren't that amazing anyway
I'm confused, here, okay, Pit doesn't need any special controls like other characters. All you need into changing a button is a second jump button (I use the R button), why?

Because some people like myself use Y or X button for the jump button and so flick Y to an attack is virtually impossible and too slow. So, some like myself must change the jump button to the R button in general or you can just make the R button your personal jump button so no second jump button has to be made and memory learned.

Advanced Techniques:

Pit has Arrow loops, Rain, Sagemoon, Side B Arrow, Taunt Arrow and so forth.

Pit has UP B cancel (basically canceling his recovery for a good fake out or against projectiles that Pit's Up B cancel can do.

Up B cancel flying (jumping and Up B to fly and even if Pit gets hit or attacks, his jumps and UP is still restored so he can once more jump and Up B like nothing happened.

Flying (Gliding you know what that Technique is used it in our matches).

DACUS I assume (seen Pit players dash really fast with an Up Smash in tact).

Then the normal advanced techniques: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcIXPJoGTo

That's about it, I know there are a few Pit techniques that I can't remember on the top of my head (been years since I fought a Yass Pit). Thanks.

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
I enjoyed Brawl. From a competitive standpoint, I can't say I enjoyed it competitively because I started competitive smash in Smash 3DS/Wii U. But I love every smash game. I understand why its considered the worst Smash game out of the 4 because of slowness, tripping, etc.. but sometimes games are fine if they're not like Melee. Brawl was super fun, just playing with friends... After all, Sakurai made Smash Bros. originally as a simple fun multiplayer game. I'm not saying playing Smash Bros. competitively is wrong, (I love competitive smash) but all I'm saying is I can appreciate Brawl from a just-for-fun viewpoint.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I understand why its considered the worst Smash game out of the 4 because of slowness, tripping, etc.. but sometimes games are fine if they're not like Melee. Brawl was super fun, just playing with friends...
No no no not another sigh as if they know what they're ranting about towards Smash competition in general.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
No no no not another sigh as if they know what they're ranting about towards Smash competition in general.
Even I don't understand what you just said, could you rephrase it please? :)

I enjoyed Brawl. From a competitive standpoint, I can't say I enjoyed it competitively because I started competitive smash in Smash 3DS/Wii U. But I love every smash game. I understand why its considered the worst Smash game out of the 4 because of slowness, tripping, etc.. but sometimes games are fine if they're not like Melee. Brawl was super fun, just playing with friends... After all, Sakurai made Smash Bros. originally as a simple fun multiplayer game. I'm not saying playing Smash Bros. competitively is wrong, (I love competitive smash) but all I'm saying is I can appreciate Brawl from a just-for-fun viewpoint.
I think that Brawl was the most fun to be played casually, for me at least.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 "Pit has Arrow loops, Rain, Sagemoon, Side B Arrow, Taunt Arrow and so forth."
I don't know what half of these are lol, I know arrow loops and arrow rain but none of the others. And I don't know how to do any of these techniques either xD
I have been practising with the Classic Controller on Brawl, it's good to be able to use Dash Dancing, however whenever I try a Perfect Pivot it always just does a Dash Dance, are you sure that it's in Brawl?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
The perfect pivot is in Brawl, it's just a bit more difficult. It's also less noticeable than it is in Smash 4.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Just watch the Perfect Pivoting video.
EDIT: Yes it definitely is in Brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvSi_W1O0k
Nobody tried it in Brawl because everyone put it down as a bad Smash game. What a bunch of *****.
I always use Perfect Pivoting, I know you never viewed me use the technique due to the fact our connection isn't to accurate.

Other players who brawled me have seen I use this technique many times with a character like Link and all I view is stunned faces and the quote "what is life anymore."

Yes, take myself for example, no matter what anyone says or rants I will never listen until I'm 100% sure they are correct. 100% of the time they're wrong so I never listen and for good purposes.

Do not listen or trust what anyone says or writes about Brawl. Unless you don't experiment and learn ALL the techniques and match-ups (to not seem so lost and whine about certain matches) then you can choose to write "Brawl just isn't where it's at" something like that.

A person like myself knows what Smash is, I've played all Smash games and learned everything or all discovery aspects of each Smash game. So, when a person like myself sticks to Brawl and dedicates his time; it is not because I can't play another Smash game (no) I could play Melee right now and do all those fancy Wave lands, Shine stuff and so forth. I chose Brawl and stayed with the game because they're is more to be seen from that game.

Once I learned all techniques and the form of characters and my main I noticed Brawl is too fun and entertaining in general.

Once you dedicate your time this wisely like I have, I guarantee you you'll view Brawl in a whole new perceptive man.

As for the Pit Arrows and such, just search them or visit the Pit boards I know there are still a few in there towards Brawl side.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Perfect Pivoting in Melee ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ
You know, I realized if someone could actually master Perfect Pivoting like flawlessly then they could move exactly like Melee (really) that's what I'm aiming for towards online though offline I'm quite experienced at that technique.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
As much as I don't want brawl to die out, it just will since there is barely a following for Brawl anymore. Everybody has either moved on to Smash 4 or Melee, and there's nothing left for it to stand on. Brawl was fun casually, but it was horrible competitively in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for your opinion. It's wrong. ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ
Yes, a game where the metagame is entirely dominated by one character that has no unloseable matchups and has no significant weaknesses whatsoever was a good game competitively. That, and chaingrabs galore were the reason why characters like :dedede:, :popo: or :falco: were so high tier.

You have to take in account that a major part of competitive Smash is the spectating. With the high-octane speed games like Melee, PM or Smash 4 provide it's no question why people have no desire for more of Brawl. The overall slowness of the game, low combo game and seeing Meta Knight in top 8s at almost every tournament just got stale and uninteresting. At least 64, while still relatively a black sheep, is more of a sell due to its high hitstun and overall having the best character balancing of all four Smash games.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Yes, a game where the metagame is entirely dominated by one character that has no unloseable matchups and has no significant weaknesses whatsoever was a good game competitively. That, and chaingrabs galore were the reason why characters like :dedede:, :popo: or :falco: were so high tier.

You have to take in account that a major part of competitive Smash is the spectating. With the high-octane speed games like Melee, PM or Smash 4 provide it's no question why people have no desire for more of Brawl. The overall slowness of the game, low combo game and seeing Meta Knight in top 8s at almost every tournament just got stale and uninteresting. At least 64, while still relatively a black sheep, is more of a sell due to its high hitstun and overall having the best character balancing of all four Smash games.
I was joking, hence the Kappa from Smashladder ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ

"the metagame is entirely dominated by one character"
Um. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdaXVE2v1sY

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice

64 is really interesting because it's the only smash game that can have a low tier get into GF. There's also like a million different combos you can do. It needs more recognition which it's finally getting.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
All I can say is there are brawl tournaments but real small ones so try to start up a conversation there and see what people say.In my area They only have PM Melee and Smash4 tourneys.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
Nobody even plays Smash in my area except me. The last tournament that was within 30 minutes of my house was back in 2014.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
"How to Save Brawl"

Play Brawl so the game won't "die" out which will never make sense.

Here's an example, anyone want to brawl?

It's just that simple, whining and determining a fate of a game won't solve anything and they haven't solved anything one bit nor will they but assume. Until players decide to play Brawl then this will continue to be their decision (yet all they have to do is play Brawl the video-game).

Also, new Brawl videos that were uploaded a few days, the matches were meh never impressive since it's a tournament rather I prefer Wi-Fi since that's where all the hidden talented players are truly buried at.

Also I do brawl so if anyone would like to brawl then here is my Brawl code: 50740626-2224 Thanks.

Last edited:

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
If people want to play and still love it as much as they claim sure. But the same time sm4sh is a direct sequel it is 50/50 Best way to get people to care or play is to try to do more events or even netplay events or streams. Games only die out if you let them.

D

Deleted member

wot

why are 25 people viewing this thread all of a sudden???

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I'm okay with Brawl staying dead. It should have been evident years ago that Meta-Knight stayed banned. Now it's too late to matter.

Even with MK and ICs out of the picture, the game is in no way viable for competition with the rest of the roster. Ike and Mario will not compete with the likes of Olimar or Marth in any way, and there will still be tripping. This, and save for several personal things I dislike about Brawl's mechanics that I'll keep to myself.

Best to stick to SSBM and SSB4.

Top Bottom