• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How are you burning time until E3?

T

Trick or Treat

Work, friends, gym. And moping about my life/being emo.

Also Mario Kart too.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I'm finished with my exams, my phone broke so I can't contact my friends, and I have to get through 8 hours of my summer job every day. Basically, absolutely nothing besides daydreaming of E3 and predicting how much I will smile when watching it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose class starts tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to. It should keep me busy for the week... well, for Tuesday and Thursday.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mario Kart, story writing, exercise, and signing up for jobs. Nothing too frustrating, nothing too boring.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fire Emblem Awakening playthrough #4, Infamous Second Son, school, MArio Kart 8, and helping my girlfriend finish her next cosplay outfit.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Working 60 hours a week and practicing on Brawl.

I just started using Falco a couple days ago and it's been a blast using his down-throw chain-grab to dair on my friends. :awesome:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Um... working. And reading up on Smashboards, Gamefaqs, watching smash-related videos on Youtube, and currently replaying Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (though that was just coincidental :p).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm burning time by burning carbs. ¦D

Working out, art stuff, gaming, watch stuff, listen to my dad talk about taking over the world, listen to my niece saying she wants in on it, listen to my sister say she would stop them both, then laugh alongside my mother because we already have plans set in motion to strike them all down and take over everything and they have no idea.

Ah, and laughing sadistically as I torment my friends and make them cry endlessly while giving them insomnia so they can't cry themselves to sleep.

God, I love Mario Party. <3

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I needed Mario Kart 8,.. but my salary wasn't deposited yet... I thought that until this night I could at least buy and wait until wednesday to play.. but seems like I'll need to wait more. D=.. I just finished Kingdom Hearts DDD,... but still have to finish the Hard Mode of DKC TF, and I'm just in the middle of Kid Icarus Uprising;

well... regardless of the games I have to spend time until E3, my semiannual exam at the college is tomorrow (I spent a lot of time studying) and after all, I have a lot of work to do at my job. :T.. (BUT, I'm sure getting a day off for Nintendo's E3).

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
Mario Kart 8 aaaaaall the way, man! I've been playing ridiculously long hours every day since it was released.. So that sure is a time burner!

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Damn. It feels like I have been waiting for over 3 months now. Yet its only been 30 days since I started getting hyped. E3 CAN"T COME SOON ENOUGH. ONLY A WEEK LEFT :grin: GET HYPED!!!
Oh and I recently started playing Melee to pass the time. I think I might start playing it more seriously. I've had it laying around for years but since Brawl came out I barely touched it. Seeing it get bigger and all these big names finally getting sponsored and stuff sparked my interest in it. I would be playing PM but I am in Australia (PAL) and don't have a GC adapter for my PC :ohwell:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'm...actually...grounded, at the moment, and most likely will still be grounded once E3 happens. So not only is reading and work my only way of passing the time to E3, but once it actually happens, chances are I'll be avoiding spoilers and simply reading all the information here at school or something like that the day after all the announcements.
*twiddles thumbs* This isn't going to be fun...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm...actually...grounded, at the moment, and most likely will still be grounded once E3 happens. So not only is reading and work my only way of passing the time to E3, but once it actually happens, chances are I'll be avoiding spoilers and simply reading all the information here at school or something like that the day after all the announcements.
*twiddles thumbs* This isn't going to be fun...
We'll send you the links to the full videos. What did you do to get grounded that long? Burn your school down?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Going to learn how to play "Rainbow Connection" on the Ukulele. I don't know how to play Ukulele, or any other musical instruments, but it seems like a worth while way to waste a week.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Apparently I'm coding a Bingo Card BB Code generator for a game I'm doing on the boards. =P

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I completed my self set task of unlocking ROB the non-SSE way (get 250 trophies) before E3. Still a weekend to go. Damn.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Welp, I'll be watching Netflix with my best friend tonight, working my last shift at Books-A-Million tomorrow (thank the good Lord), singing in church Sunday morning/afternoon, going to the drive-in to see X-men with the aforementioned best friend, and then... well, I dunno what I'm doing Monday. Probably doing chores and working out (hahahahahahahah..... no, really, I should start working out again). In the breathing time, I'll probably be playing MK8 and/or Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (which is SO COOL), reading my book (I'm over halfway into the Ranger's Apprentice series), and playing with my dog (Twilight, the Australian Shepherd Princess).

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
On vacation right now, get home Sunday night, work during the day on Monday and Tuesday, watch Orange is the New Black at night. I'm booooked.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Visit this site 800% more often than I normally do, build up motivation to complete some other video games, maybe even watch some fighting game streams.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Mostly, the next few days will consist of playing video games. Crazy, I know.

In a matter of weeks, I've gotten Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Wario:Master of Disguise, Mario Kart 8, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, Pokemon Red Rescue Team, and Xenoblade Chronicles. I haven't even picked up Xenoblade yet (Mario Kart can be very time consuming). Throw Tomodachi Life and Brawl into the mix, and I don't know if I'll get to Xenoblade by E3.

When I decide to turn the video games off, I have church and watching my little brother. (I know I went on a tangent about playing video games, but watching my brother takes priority. He usually doesn't want to do a whole lot, though, which gives me plenty of time to do things I want.)

So, yeah, I've got my hands plenty full. It's actually the reason I haven't been on Smashboards as much.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Kart with friends and finally beating Bravely Default when alone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Now that Bravely Default, and all the Dragon Age games are behind me, I've been doing alot of Heroes of the Storm with my friends.

It's been good times. Just 3 days...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Reading GoT, playing Pikmin 3, rewatching Breaking Bad...

Nothing makes time go faster. I need to get blackout drunk.

On the plus side, when I wake up tomorrow there'll be roughly 2 and a half days left.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Mostly playing Subspace and Mario Kart 8 (If you wanna race me my NintendoNetwork ID is IceKirby64 ;3)

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Weekly PM streams. Azen came back and had a great showing at S@X. Metroid cleaned house up in Chicago. I'm about to check out Texas at TourneyLocator. Lots of great matches to watch and I'm not even entirely through the SKTAR videos.

That and Game of Thrones.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
School, homework...games and manga...Smashboards...drawing...

And even all that is not enough to keep me busy. Hurry up, E3!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I have to finish both Oracle games before I can move on to the Minish Cap. I also started SoulSilver 2 months ago but decided to throw together a team in X and Y first, so there's that. I recently got Kirby: Triple Deluxe too. And I have Advance Wars, as well as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror which I got during the initial onslaught of GBA VC (I already finished Fusion, though). And then there's M&L Dream Team and that second playthrough of Skyward Sword I abandoned at the very last dungeon. Yelp. DAMN YOU MARIO KART EIGHT!!!

It's gonna be a long 48 hours for me, lol.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
well i have an exam tomorrow, it will be over 6 hours before e3 starts, i go home and get some sleep because e3 will be in the middle of the night.

Top Bottom