• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 How are you burning time until E3?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Watching some Project M and Melee matches by the Professionals. Gets me excited to think what HungryBox is going to do at the Tournament.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't know. Living my life. Working. Starting my businesses.

It's better to be productive.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't even matter what I do to pass the time. Im still really impatient and hyped!!!! 10 DAYS!!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Playing some Ninja Gaiden to further familiarize myself with Ryu Hayabusa so I can be properly excited.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Playing some Ninja Gaiden to further familiarize myself with Ryu Hayabusa so I can be properly excited.
Actually, not to get too off-topic, but I figure I'll mention it here anyway. Someone should make a thread for Ryu on the character discussion board. I'd do it, but I don't know enough about him and it'd be half***ed. Just throwing it out there.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I honestly don't know..Sleep, play video games, and eat, maybe? I'll be going to graduation parties too, so there's that.

My main goal at the moment is to not go insane because of this milestone in my life. That should keep me busy until E3. lol

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know..Sleep, play video games, and eat, maybe? I'll be going to graduation parties too, so there's that.

My main goal at the moment is to not go insane because of this milestone in my life. That should keep me busy until E3. lol
That's not important. What's important right now is Smash Bros and E3. Sure, E3 does come every year and graduation parties are a once in a lifetime thing, BUT. Smash Bros is far more important. If you think I haven't gotten into an argument with my ex over Smash Bros, you're sadly mistaken. There's also a reason why I say ex. How could I be with someone who isn't as skilled as me? The point I'm trying to make here is that high school doesn't matter. HS memories are just that. Memories that will make you sad when you're older and realize life sucks. But you'll have Smash everyday. Consider this.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Strut around and show off your stars online. And get all the kart pieces and the hidden gold kart pieces. That should waste more time.
I admit, I haven't gotten all the parts yet. But playing just to get coins feels.... mind numbing. So, basically, perfect

All diffcultys? (Even mirriored)
yep. And I hate mirror mode, because it undoes my muscle memory for the courses.

D

Deleted member 245254

It's torture, really. The wait, I mean :(.

I sometimes play Brawl or PM just imagining that it's Smash 4...*sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I honestly don't foresee our beloved Smash professionals pulling out anything super magical at this tournament.

Even with some time to practice with the game, the kind of time they put in to the previous iterations to get to the level they are at is a phenomenal amount of time that is both necessary and crucial to reaching the level they play at. I just do not see them showing us a similar level of play in the new game, given time to practice or not, with changed mechanics and all.

Think about it...we're looking at a directly confirmed approx. 25% difference in general game speed from both Melee and Brawl. That's a rather huge difference in fundamentals necessary to perfect your spacing, your pace, and timing. Add to the fact that many of the returning characters have brand new moves that they will have to, although I don't it past them to do so, we're looking at several hurdles to over come that simply must be over come by more than simply having an affinity for all the previous Smash games.

I'm excited to see how they tackle it, the players I mean, but I'm honestly not really expecting to see magic up there. I truly expect to see pretty average play that maybe even a lot of us would be able to compete with (give or take a few good intuition moments).
I agree with this for the most part, though I think they'd still have a notable advantage over us just on fundamentals... But this isn't exactly the thread for this sort of discussion is it?

D

Deleted member 245254

I agree with this for the most part, though I think they'd still have a notable advantage over us just on fundamentals... But this isn't exactly the thread for this sort of discussion is it?
I posted it in the correct thread, it was a mistake. My bad.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
By getting furious at the stray green shells that always ruin my chances of victory in Mario Kart 8.
:mad:

D

Deleted member

I intend to watch a different Smash 4 trailer for every day of the week building up to the event;

Tuesday: E3 2013 Trailer
Wednesday: Mega Man Joins the Battle
Thursday: Wii Fit Trainer
Friday: Sonic Joins the Battle
Saturday: Comet Observatory
Sunday: Champion of the Ring
Monday: Challenger from the Shadows

D

Deleted member

By getting furious at the stray green shells that always ruin my chances of victory in Mario Kart 8.
:mad:
I was hit by a lightning bolt and usurped by a jerk with a bullet bill right near the finish line.
I was in 1st.
I was ready to shank someone.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Looking for the best wii u deals on the net, got mario kart 8 for cheap now i just need a good wii u deal. If i can get a deluxe for 250 id be happy

Morbi

Scavenger
I have been watching game-play from each of the tournament invitees to pass the time. I have also been playing Mario Kart 8 and Melee/Brawl/Project M as well.

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
Playing Mario Kart 8
Enjoying some Project M.
Continuing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
100% completing Super Mario 3D World (Almost there).
Playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Finally).
Continuing Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Playing other games on Steam like Battleblock Theater, Awesomenauts, and, if I can ever get it soon, Transistor.

I have a lot to fill in my time. More than enough really.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Worshipping based material Goddess Pink Gold Peach, Champion of the Universe.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing Wildstar and it's amazing. Will EASILY kill my time until E3 and even smash launch.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A bit of PSO BB and other old games from time to time, and preparing some things for when Palutena's revealed. I plan to have a party with some Skype friends and/or Palutena supporters.

Top Bottom