• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zori

Smash Champion
oh god.. naked women... now I don't want to go.
Yall have fun though :)

oh and I've been working on this idea since CoT4...
I want the south to become even more of a beast...
So I decided to make something for ONLY SOUTH people to see :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcetfNIuEjI
with this... your power level should increase like crazy.... now everyone will be super amazing at the buttmountain naked fest :)
thanks for the tips XD

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, Seiya, show up! I'm not staying though. Prlly leave around 12. Gotta take my mom somewhere in the morning =/

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
kk ill text ppl after the show and if everybody is still there and down to smash ill head out there :)

Santi

Smash Lord
Hopefully the tips helped everyone :)
The south will transform into something great....er
:)

Santi

Smash Lord
Oh dear god... we must keep a secret until next month :)

OH AND IMPORTANT STUFF!!!!!
the only way me and dojo could get off work next weekend.... is that we told our managers we were going to visit the university of houston.

So if anyone can get us a bunch of stuff from the university and stuff.. like brochures and stufff.
That would be very appreciated.
I may kisshug you

heytallman

CTALL

the only way me and dojo could get off work next weekend.... is that we told our managers we were going to visit the university of houston.

So if anyone can get us a bunch of stuff from the university and stuff.. like brochures and stufff.
I may kisshug you
I can hook you up. But I want a kiss. Not just a wussy little hug.

r0ni

Smash Cadet

I may kisshug you
lolol santi and dojo pro

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The Japanese Ledge Grab rule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ledge grab rule- "You are not allowed to grab the ledge more than 70 times in any individual tourney match. If you do, you automatically forfeit that match."
Alpha Zealot said he believes the Japanese already use this rule.

We started talking about this in the CoT4 results thread, and I feel it needs its own discussion. I REALLY like this idea, and I'm probably going to use it at my next Pittsburgh tourney. There are a lot of complaints of people stalling and planking, and although many TO's now prohibit ledge stalling, it is very hard to enforce. CoT4 showed this with several incidents, Norfair in particular being a troublesome stage to enforce it. This rule is very easy to enforce. In the victory/defeat screen after the match, you can check the stats to see how many times each player grabbed the ledge. If someone accuses the other of excessively planking/ledge stalling, you simply need to check the end stats. I know I'm not alone in thinking this was a good idea, what are other player's thoughts about this?

some thing to think about when playing plainking morons

Xyro77

hmm interesting...abuse invincibility now punks...i like it considering if ur on the edge that long...u fail at life
exactly, if ANY char needs to be on the ledge that many times, your just being stupid. i am DEEPLY considering this rules

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Ok. Think about this. There are some situations even if they are unlikely that you need to grab the ledge more than 70 times because the opponent is just hitting you off.

Plus how will you even count?

Planking = stalling which is banned. Whats the problem?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This won't do anything to stop planking. You need to grab the ledge once per six seconds in order to break the 70 grab limit within an 8 minute time span. If they just wait 2-3 minutes before starting, they will be able to plank at will for the remainder of the time.

It does suck for Yoshis though...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Idk....planking by continually jumping below the edge and back on for invincibility frames sounds like stalling to me which would apply to this rule.

Edit: Also what phantom said.

Gnes

Smash Master
Does anybody realize how big a number 70 is...like seriously i dont think i touch the ledge that many times in maybe 3 matches...

As for making it a rule idk...kind of hard to call considering people who play characters like meta/pika etc. might be disadvantaged i guess...

Why do u care razer if snakes on the edge something not goin right XD

Xyro77

Ok. Think about this. There are some situations even if they are unlikely that you need to grab the ledge more than 70 times because the opponent is just hitting you off.

Plus how will you even count?

you dont read....

Planking and stalling can be hard to call at times. also the game counts for you and you can check at the end.
so stealth raptor lays down the law.

look, too many morons cry about "well what do YOU define as stalling cause i may see it different"

that **** is the most ******** thing i have ever heard. its common sense if you avoid contact or refuse to put your self in danager for more than 20 seconds its stalling....but NO, people wanna cry about it.

so, i may consider this grab rule. except ill lower it to 50. im so sick of this stuff. melee was never like this.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Ultimate Razer said:
The SBR's definition of Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Planking is "Running away from an opponent to reach a better position". You can still actively attack someone who is planking, so under the Sbr's recommended "Stalling is Banned" planking is legal.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Ok. Seth gots my vote. I really dont care for this rule since it wont happen that much imo.

Go ahead and add it if you really feel that its necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom