• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
http://www.facebook.com/#!/gamehouston

Guys this is a community FB page for all types of game tournaments in Houston. Please I need your support to "like" this page because I'll not only be advertising smash events I'll be advertising other game events as well. It's part of my partnership with Gamestop to make a bigger gaming scene in Houston and for smash.

Speaking of Gamestop, I finally filled out paper work to work there as their TO and will be starting to have my biweeklies at the Gamestop location we were at for SSS9 at 3003 W Holcombe Blvd. When we start having tournaments there I want you guys to be on your best behavior so we can use money (due to corporate liabilities) for tournaments in the near future. Also, the point of expanding to Gamestop is to build our community so try to be welcoming guys. I might be having a redeption bracket for a side event at these earlier tournaments depending on new attendance so we will see.
Quoted for importance!

NearZzz

Smash Lord
leaf and sync are at the same skill level.

my and ill are a step above sync.

I am step above ill.

4th on pr plz

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
my opinion is syncs 4th in hoston unless, not sure cause i don't c smoon play often but he came out and bodied once so it'd def be between them, sync just lacks some reflexes and a lil knowledge, im sure he will deliver at hobo

:phone:

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Meh rankings shouldn't bother anyone, nothing in this world can measure skill, not numbers, not opinions, nothing, just go a trney **** everything in ur path.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, a more mobile Dormammu...what could possibly go wrong?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Cheer up Illmatic.

Forever a broken wrist.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
If anyone hasn't played portal 2 and has a computer that can handle it, I still haven't used my code to get it free on steam if anyone wants.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I know but its pretty cheap = 30$ brand new

Or u can buy halflife 2 orange box with comes with like 5 games for 20$, but it has Portal 1, not 2.
Ive played both and they are both good

for those who don't know, It's a FPS with almost no combat, 1 Gun the entire game lol. Watch some videos

Smoom77

Smash Master
I got Portal 1 when it was out for free but my old computer couldn't handle it. I'm interested to try it again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Portal 2 is much easier than Portal 1 for sure...there is some free DLC for Portal 2 later on.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Valve is just really good at telling stories. They don't use cutscenes or journal methods, and they focus on the player interacting with characters and the environment so you can actually "live" through the story instead of just watching some character move around or reading walls of text. They give the players a few details about what is happening and then leave clues/let the players figure out the rest. Half Life 2 is also a good example of this...you start the game on a train, and you already know that something is wrong. And then you find out what is wrong...and then the action begins.

Portal 2 also has some pretty good music, which also adds to the atmosphere of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W921jTlBeI&playnext=1&list=PL31CB5F62DCCA7A34

EDIT: Mario Kart 7 gameplay and Luigi's Mansion 2 gameplay

Mario Kart 7 is confirmed to run at 60fps even on 3D mode...no word about LM2 though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.facebook.com/#!/gamehouston

Guys this is a community FB page for all types of game tournaments in Houston. Please I need your support to "like" this page because I'll not only be advertising smash events I'll be advertising other game events as well. It's part of my partnership with Gamestop to make a bigger gaming scene in Houston and for smash.

Speaking of Gamestop, I finally filled out paper work to work there as their TO and will be starting to have my biweeklies at the Gamestop location we were at for SSS9 at 3003 W Holcombe Blvd. When we start having tournaments there I want you guys to be on your best behavior so we can use money (due to corporate liabilities) for tournaments in the near future. Also, the point of expanding to Gamestop is to build our community so try to be welcoming guys. I might be having a redeption bracket for a side event at these earlier tournaments depending on new attendance so we will see.
damn, thats actually a really convenient location for me, maybe i'll drop by after work for these.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There's supposed to be like a Madden tournament or something at that Gamestop this weekend.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For anyone that really wants it, Ocarina of Time 3D is only $31 bucks on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom