• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Ah, alright alright. Should've used G/S badges and given us the ice one :awesome:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Oh, I forgot to say. I'm completely open for Nikefest, at least the day of.
I'll have to see about the days around it, but at least for the day of, I'm going.

So, 4 spots.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, I forgot to say. I'm completely open for Nikefest, at least the day of.
I'll have to see about the days around it, but at least for the day of, I'm going.

So, 4 spots.
Take me....

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
the guy holding the gun in the first gif is dead. not just in the movie but in real life. i saw on IMDB where they were making a JP4 but it got canceled. i hated JP3. 2 was good but 1 was the best.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
JP2 was bad, 3 was way better than 2 and 1 was the best. JP2 didn't even have Alan Grant. Anyways, read the books for JP and Lost World. They're really good, the movie and book for Lost World are nothing alike either.

Xyro77

i hate reading books that have movies. Id rather it play out in front of my eyes with a movie than try and image wtf is going on in a book.

p4, why didnt u like 2?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
xyro you realize the book came out before the movie right?

without the book - we probably wouldn't have the film.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Movies never accurately reflect books. If you don't read the books, you're missing out on more than you think.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
They capped a freakin T-rex and it got loose in the city. Completely ruined the whole movie.

Ninja'd

The movie followed JP really well, I was pleased.

Xyro77

xyro you realize the book came out before the movie right?

without the book - we probably wouldn't have the film.
Movies never accurately reflect books. If you don't read the books, you're missing out on more than you think.
I dont care what was first or what im missing in a book or how accurate it is. I dislike reading big time due to 3 main reasons.

1. NO BOOK can give you the terrifying feeling of a MASSIVE t-rex chasing you while trying to drive a jeep in the mud. No book can give you the excitement of a light-saber battle with Darth Maul(or vader) vs qui gon jinn(or luke)........ect. In books its just words and the rest is left up to YOU. Read the descriptions of the scenery/landscape in Lord of the Rings(book) then WATCH the movie. ROFL there is no way in hell i would want to read a description of that when i can SEE the TRUE beauty in the movie. See what im saying?

2. Ive read several books that describe a scene or item or person and i pictured it in my head. Then i see the movie or official artwork and its 100% not what i was thinking. So i wasted the entire book thinking a guy/item/scene a certain way and it was wrong. In movies it aint like that.

3. I can never stay interested in books. In movies, i cant stop watching.

I aint saying "oh you wrong" im just saying books do not do justice when it comes to giving the reader EMOTION/FEELING. Movie do.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1, 3, 2.

At least, that's how I rate them personally. Two was just a little too farfetched. Three just made be sad because the spinosaurus ***** the t-rex in a fight. :(

The raptors are always my favorite parts, though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're forgetting that most movies omit details or parts that add to the overall plot of the story. Hell, some even change the entire plot or add completely made up parts which alter the story. The original material and purpose of the author is lost because of this "Hollywood effect."

Not saying it's bad to watch only movies, but you are missing out by not reading the books.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
@ Xyro

I agree though, seeing something in your head, then seeing it completely different in a movie is kinda irritating.
Even worse is the fact that most movies and books are really different, so it's like seeing the same story but with minor (sometimes major) tweaked details.

Basically, what RT said.

Xyro77

You're forgetting that most movies omit details or parts that add to the overall plot of the story. Hell, some even change the entire plot or add completely made up parts which alter the story. The original material and purpose of the author is lost because of this "Hollywood effect."

Not saying it's bad to watch only movies, but you are missing out by not reading the books.
That has nothing to do with what i said. Im not too concerned about story details. I want to FEEL like im in the situation and FEEL like im experiencing what the characters are feeling. Reading words doesnt do that for me. SEEING it does. It helps me relate.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay...you're just feeling situations that aren't part of the original content.. <_<

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Xyro I understand what you are saying, but when movies are made basically whatever they put on the screen doesn't have to be 100% fact - set in stone.

Who honestly knows exactly what the author was describing?

Xyro77

Who honestly knows exactly what the author was describing?

Alot of the time its left up to the reader which is dumb because you could be feeling something totally off the wall. With a movie it almost forces you to feel the way it was intended.

A situation^

Gea

Smash Master
Alot of the time its left up to the reader which is dumb because you could be feeling something totally off the wall. With a movie it almost forces you to feel the way it was intended.
Uhh no. This is true of every medium; art, film, literature, and even games all project what the author/director wants you to see. You are just more used to ingesting visual medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom