• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Is anything else happening the weekend of LTC3?
Wanna know so I can make my plans accordingly

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thinking about San Japan...I do like San Antonio...

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
"Industry turned on it"

Do you really think they could do all they could have with their Wii U when they made it? Also of course their game lineup was bad lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
All major 3rd parties left WiiU before the thing turned 3 years old. They did not wanna take risk because one huge AAA game can ruin a company If it fails. They just wanna make sequels of successful games and stick to "safe" genres (FPS For example), controls and design. And do all of that on a console that has a high user base.

Then you have the media. It rarely talks about wiiu and then always underplays it when they are forced to mention it. The system has a lot going for it that separates it from ps4/x-bone.

As for Nintendo, yeah, many many mistakes were made and they have a huge part to play. Bad name, low advertising, bad flow of games and failed to push TVii, MiiVerse, failed to produce a constant flow of games on the VC. Oh and only 2-3 games use the tablet well. The MAIN SELLING point of the WiiU wasn't utilized by the CREATORS of the system. I'd expect that from cash cow 3rd parties but NINTENDO? Major mistake.

The media and Nintendo failed to give the public a REASON to pick WiiU Off the shelve.

Last edited:

Xyro77

3 failure systems in a row
Wii sold 100 million units aka more than ps3 and 360.. it won the last generation. literally made Sony create the Sony Move. literally made Microsoft create Natal (kinect). both failed btw.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Wii sold 100 million units aka more than ps3 and 360.. it won the last generation. literally made Sony create the Sony Move. literally made Microsoft create Natal (kinect). both failed btw.
theres a reason you can get wiis at a pawnshop for $30 now and the Vita is selling better than it

Xyro77

Vita is a FAILED handheld. Notice how Sony has barely gave it any attention the past 2 E3s?

Hell, Sony tried giving them away with PS3s to boost the sales of its games. It failed. No one wants the thing. I think the 3ds has outsold it 3:1 or maybe 4:1

Then out of this year's E3, the president of Somy said they will not be bringing and major titles to the system.

They gave up on it. Lol.

Edit: you can buy NEW Wiis for 49.99. Of course it's gonna be 30$ at a pawn shop.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Same site will tell you that the vita is outselling the Wii right now.

Where are new wiis for $50?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii is over 100mil on that site. You know nothIng
I question anyone that cites vgchartz as a source ever. That site is known to make inaccurate guesses for actual sales.

Xyro77

I question anyone that cites vgchartz as a source ever. That site is known to make inaccurate guesses for actual sales.
It updates after the NPD releases numbers or after a console maker reports sales.

It's accurate give or take 100k. It's never off by millions or anything.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Supposedly Yoshi and Sheik. I feel Lucario can too, but some say it's one of his worst matchups. Not sure what Rosalina boards think.

Just depends if you're scared of Luma or not.

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I'd imagine Falcon is great against Rosalina too since he can get rid of Luma easily

Top Bottom