• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thats weird I use Falcon as my secondary and I find fighting Rosalinas with him is quite easy.

On the side note, this weather wont cancel out TGC correct?
Weather should be fine by the time TGC rolls around. Even if there's a flood, you can always hang from the chandeliers and play, no johns.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dabuz lost with Rosalina to an Olimar player before switching to the ditto and taking it out.

Also I skipped pages but if I'm overhearing main advice and not hearing "IKE IKE IKE"
I'm disgusted.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy takes a step forward during his fsmash. There is even a tip that says he takes a step forward to make it easier to land hits with the sweetspot.

The game literally tells you he is designed to make it easier to hit people.

The more you know.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Just like how Falcon's fsmash hits farther than Ike's
Falcon doesn't actually have more range than Ike, he just steps forward.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I never said he has a longer sword.

Stop assuming and learn to read.
No one said that silly. I'm just explaining what is being shown because it's clear most people don't get why this happens. Roy also swings his sword differently.

But thanks for playing!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is what happens when you're absent for 7 years.

By Smash 6, Pichu will be top tier and full of OHKO moves.

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
Does anyone want to go a few rounds later? I am rusty beyond belief ( blame the witcher 3 and soon arkham knight)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lucas failed me at the weeklie.

I don't know what to do.

Can't charge shot and can't up+b OOS and recovery is so bad.

Help

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
pretty good, but also pretty technical. more of a threat in doubles imo

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Xyro go with ZSS with a charge projectile. Up b out of shield. Zair.

Gnes' Roy is pretty good considering how long he's been using it. Diddy nerf is too rough.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy will definitely get hit with some nerfs when the next patch comes around. Best to enjoy/exploit him while you can.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hopefully they'll make Diddy have a slightly better kill options..

Maybe next patch is the tournament mode patch?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They are hinting that the next patch will be tournament mode. Probably another new character that hopefully won't be spoiled. I predict Wolf for the release of Star Fox Zero, it's the perfect advertisement opportunity...

Diddy really got **** on quite a bit. I think they will probably restore back some of his power, but he is by no means unplayable. He still seems to be designed to be a pressure/momentum character and can still force bad situations with banana. But then I see characters like Roy, Mario and Mii Gunner and still question if Sakurai understands game balance...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish Roy had a tether recovery.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
They are hinting that the next patch will be tournament mode. Probably another new character that hopefully won't be spoiled. I predict Wolf for the release of Star Fox Zero, it's the perfect advertisement opportunity...

Diddy really got **** on quite a bit. I think they will probably restore back some of his power, but he is by no means unplayable. He still seems to be designed to be a pressure/momentum character and can still force bad situations with banana. But then I see characters like Roy, Mario and Mii Gunner and still question if Sakurai understands game balance...
Roy is not that OP from what I've seen IMO. His fsmash is ridiculous and possibly Blazer, but otherwise he has flaws like having a bad vertical recovery while being a fast faller, and not too much range on some of his other attacks. If they were to tone down something, I think it would be his Fsmash though.

Gnes is just the GOAT with Roy.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He is a better overall character than the other FE swordsmen and completely outclasses them in almost all areas. His nair is better, his fair is better (autocancels better), bair is better, dair is arguably easier to spike with (narrow range, but requires less effort to space), Blazer has better protection since multihit+invincibility AND superarmor, Flare Blade has almost no ending lag, Double Edge Dance is a better kill move and launch move, jab and ftilt are stupidly good, utilt is amazing, dtilt is better, Usmash is better for catching spotdodge and platform coverage.

He has far fewer downsides than Marth or Lucina, and who cares about spacing for tippers when you can just brute attack through anything your opponent tries. His neutral game is somewhat suspect and his recovery is meh (ff off stage equals certain death), but he's still way better than he should be balance-wise. I know he is supposed to specialize in close-quarters, but he starts just being flat out better in most areas.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Roy will definitely get hit with some nerfs when the next patch comes around. Best to enjoy/exploit him while you can.
Yeah there is no way they will leave him as is.
***** it hasn't even been a week.

Of course he's better than the other FE swordsman, because the other FE swordsman are straight up bad. They need buffs before Roy needs nerfs.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not complaining, silly doodle. Just stating the obvious. FG is probably chock full of Woys. And since they apparently base most of their balance changes on FG combined with people's complaints...ya get it?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm moving back to Houston at the end of the month. I might try going to some tourneys soon then. I don't have a Wii U and the only Smash 4 I've played was the 3DS version up until that one 3DS tourney Xyro hosted. I haven't touched the 3DS version since then, so I have no idea at all about any of the things with Smash 4.

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh KRD...run and never come back. I'm doing this for your safety. You can trust me.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Smash 4 is better than MK planking and endless timeouts and ICs chain grabs and buffering spot dodge after a buffered air dodge followed by buffered trash.

Anyways, Roy is definitely good. High tier yes. But idk if he warrants a nerf lol. He outclasses the other FE characters cause the others are ANUS. Roy definitely has exploitations. If you're not gonna nerf Sheik's broken frame data, Roy doesn't need one lol. Also, Roy's dair sucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom