• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I've been looking for new tl playstyles. any suggestions? Camping is boring ~_~

also looks like avoids facon was on the fritz throughout that tournament
Pivot ftilt more for rolls. Also JC ground Spin attack more for spot dodge. His goes kinda far I think. Also dash grab for shields. JC Usmash to close stocks. There ya go.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Espy with that great post.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just want to finish my amiibo collection, halp

Trela

Smash Lord
The last tournament Japan had with the best players in attendance, Ranai took it. It's not very often that all of them attend the same tournament together; their top players don't live in the same regions as each other, and some of their major tournaments like this past weekend just so happen to fall on the same dates, as well (Sumabato and Umebura).

I've never actually seen Ranai go up against a Sheik yet. Rain opted to go Diddy versus him the last time they played, and I'm not sure if he's played Nietono recently, either, though I wouldn't be surprised if Nietono went someone else either other than Sheik, as well. Despite who he's up against, Ranai makes it very entertaining to watch. His conversions are always on point, and good luck getting back to the stage against him if he has you offstage.

It's funny, while watching both those tournaments this past weekend, I tuned into Collision over on the East Coast not too long after the Japanese events had ended, and first thing I saw was a custom Villager trying to time out whoever he was playing. Yep, stay classy, America.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela, when you go Dallas or CEO, mind finding some amiibos for me for ya buddy RT?

Thanks bro.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I've been looking for new tl playstyles. any suggestions? Camping is boring ~_~

also looks like avoids facon was on the fritz throughout that tournament
Play feral af. More enjoyable.

Lmao. F u PJ. I happened to go Fox and Doc at SFC. Figured I'd use weeklies to mess around with chars I may bring out at major events. The Falcon will return though.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
2 stock falls victim far more often to things that are considered janky or absurd, and a single SD, gimp, or early kill puts you so ridiculously far behind that it's insane.

:applejack:
This. Learned this the hard way this past Sunday. Granted I have a bad habit of killing my self 1-2 times every set since i've started playing smash 4 (dont have a wii u and cant play much so still getting used to) :079:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh no, they're sharing info now...TLK might need to assemble sooner than expected...scared.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I thought toon link could easily pass for high tier. Why do you think he's bad?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This deception will not work on me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Snake would get **** on balance-wise.

When they try to balance a top tier from a previous game, they always overcompensate.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy was clearly an accident born from the depths of the abyss. He has been fixed, but evil never dies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Flip, you can't sandbag in real life. Go away.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MK brawl to MK smash 4=nerf
IC brawl to IC smash 4=ultimate nerf
Olimar brawl to olimar smash 4=nerf
Snake brawl to snake smash 4=ultimate nerf
Diddy brawl to diddy smash 4 (patched)=nerf
Pika brawl to pika smash 4=the same or buff.
Marth brawl to marth smash 4=nerf
ZS brawl to ZS smash 4=buff

Overall, the brawl top/high tiers got nerfed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 If there is random ass broken Lucas glitch discovered before the tourney, will Lucas be banned? Not saying there will be, but just curious. Ban the character or tech? Sounds familiar...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Didn't yoshi and bowser jr have some mega glitchy stuff that involved teleporting? That's pretty ridiculous but we allowed it right?

We allowed diddy to steal stocks at 60-70% since launch didn't we?

Then there is the 1-hit KO punch but that was a custom move so we took care of that issue easily.

Unless Lucas has something like brawl MK, I think it's ok to leave him as is. The game is so shallow (tech/AT wise) I don't believe An issue will appear.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe the Bowser Jr glitch was actually banned at Apex iirc.

The Yoshi stuff was patched out relatively fast, so nobody could exploit it to cause issues and no one plays Yoshi.

Diddy was...come on now.

Okay, just wanted to see what your stance was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom