• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's what I want to know. I should really open the game and try myself, but I'm lazy.

I'll probably start playing this week.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yesssssss, now you can fulfill your week-long dream and be the king nerd amongst all Splatoon nerds. YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Anyways, good to see new stuff I guess.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh lordy, the FE stuff...you can pet your characters a la Pokemon Amie. Time to pet Marth or some other stupid stuff.

This is both hilarious and terrible. Mostly hilarious.

EDIT: Oh god, you can play dressup for your characters. True waifu/husbando simulator confirmed.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm really interested in FE vs Shin Megami.

That game, Zelda U and XBC2 are gonna be some pretty good RPGs coming up.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should get the new FE game too.

They removed durability (which was for game balance, but you hated it so whatever...), let you play as boy or girl, and enhanced waifu/husbando simulator for the casuals.

Hell, they even added a difficulty where all units can regen the very next turn. You literally cannot lose even if you impale your characters onto the enemy weapons.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Durability wasn't in Gaiden either.
Also heard they rebalanced Dual Supports which is hype because that stuff made the game even more easy mode.
Here's hoping they bring back 1v1 unit battles like in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem.
That would be amazing and a great side event for tournaments.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
When you have to beat trela or karna to not get 9th place

#randomstatus
actually you could have just lost earlier and gotten to a different part of losers bracket.

or just beat karna, he is at every tournament so eventually you will have to beat him to get money.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Looks like you got bracket *****. It happens. For stacked weeklies, ranks don't really matter that much past 4th IMO. Too many variables.

Also, blame Karna for getting knocked out of winners early. He did it on purpose.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm saddened by how dumbed down FE has become, but at least they're leaving hard modes available for the vets. FE used to be of those games that took actual thinking a logic, trial and error with hard punishments that helped you learn (is it reallllly worth the 40 min I spent getting to this point in the chapter to risk it all on praying for one of my weaker units to get a crit on the boss? If it hits he gets a ****load of exp but if he misses he gets OHKO'd...ehh gimme that xp!!

*misses, gets killed*
....L+R+A+START)

but now its lol easy mode just so they can get more money from the casual audience.

EDIT: meant to post this earlier when it was relevant but forgot to. And @ Teshie U Teshie U who'd you get knocked out by? Still using megaman mostly?

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Its sad how easy mode Nintendo has made all of their most recent games. Sure, they sometime come with higher difficulties, but it just doesn't feel the same to me. Feels more like I'm forcing myself to work harder when there's an easier alternative. I'd rather the game be challenging from default.

As for the FE thing, the way they've dumbed down the difficulty is kinda absurd. Casual mode (where your units return to life after you clear the chapter) was kinda ok, especially if you played at a high difficulty. Phoenix mode (where your unit comes back to life the NEXT turn) is pretty dumb.

Xyro, Zelda is not an RPG. Take that back.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm saddened by how dumbed down FE has become, but at least they're leaving hard modes available for the vets. FE used to be of those games that took actual thinking a logic, trial and error with hard punishments that helped you learn (is it reallllly worth the 40 min I spent getting to this point in the chapter to risk it all on praying for one of my weaker units to get a crit on the boss? If it hits he gets a ****load of exp but if he misses he gets OHKO'd...ehh gimme that xp!!

*misses, gets killed*
....L+R+A+START)

but now its lol easy mode just so they can get more money from the casual audience.

EDIT: meant to post this earlier when it was relevant but forgot to. And @ Teshie U Teshie U who'd you get knocked out by? Still using megaman mostly?
Shut the hell up and go pet your Lucina.
Isn't that because japan society just wants kawaii jrpg or lewd stuff instead of actual gameplay these days.
Hey now, I enjoy dressing up my army as ridiculous as possible, turn on phoenix mode, then have them impale themselves on enemy weapons, then regen next turn and repeat. It's an endless death march.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I think the bracket is in the results thread. I lost to Big Boss and Whispy. I'm focusing on Samus and Pacman now.

I would have hoped easy modes on these newer gamers (automatical luigi mode in the platformers and golden tanooki suits) would give them the freedom to really bring up the difficulty more often, but its rarely the case.

W101 is a perfect example of blending hardcore difficulty with easy buttons. Infinite continues for the weak, but brutal difficulty to keep it fun.

Xyro77

image.jpg

2 sexually charged lesbians enter a dimly lit room with nothing but uncontrolled raw lust gushing from their souls. The following conversation was had.....

InkGirl: Samus. Show me what that long strong TASTY Zair can do. Hurry...I'm craving it. I NEED it!

Samus: *jumps* *unleashes zair* *hits inkGirl in the face*

InkGirl: FASTER! FASTER! Don't stop!!! Make me squirt [ink]

Samus: *takes InkGirl to training mode* *does x4 speed* *zairs again and again*

InkGirl: *wipes ink off face* So rough and so hot! That was THE best I've ever had!

Samus: I've had better........ *leaves room*

*credits roll*

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
Dynamo roller is the goat. makes you slow as hell, but when you throw ink,it's almost like inkstrike.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sad no one here really cares about Puzzle and Dragons. It really is a fun game. And despite what you may think, the Mario version is actually harder...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No one cares about NERD games.
Okay, Mr. I AM THE BEST SAMUS SO LEGENDARY TOUCH MY ZAIR THEN I DAIR WHILE I CHARGE MY CHARGE SHOT WHILE YOU SIT IN SHIELD THEN WALK PAST YOU AND FSMASH INTO ANOTHER ZAIR THEN BROILER YOU INTO ANOTHER DAIR BAIR MY ZAIR IN AIR WITH NO CARE.

But yeah, it's a fun game. Do you hate FUN?

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Okay, Mr. I AM THE BEST SAMUS SO LEGENDARY TOUCH MY ZAIR THEN I DAIR WHILE I CHARGE MY CHARGE SHOT WHILE YOU SIT IN SHIELD THEN WALK PAST YOU AND FSMASH INTO ANOTHER ZAIR THEN BROILER YOU INTO ANOTHER DAIR BAIR MY ZAIR IN AIR WITH NO CARE.

But yeah, it's a fun game. Do you hate FUN?
The end times are upon us

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I didn't mention zair enough did I?

Btw, heres a random Melee vid:
http://youtu.be/H4CUmIefLj8

The 2nd and last stocks are the most hilarious things I have ever seen. The last stock is basically the game taking a dump on the Jiggs. JUST SPAWN THE PERFECT DISTANCE.

Last edited:

Xyro77

It's a puzzle game. I've never put in more than 10 hours into those types of games. I don't see depth or replay value in it unless you take it competitive. And I WILL NOT take a PUZZLE game seriously. That's NERDISM.

Edit: tilt controls on Splatoon ain't that bad.

Last edited:

Xyro77

So I just heard on a podcast that XBC2 will feature a 10+ GB DLC item that will speed up the game because loading from disc takes so long.

If you buy the full game digitally it will load faster.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So...there will basically be a 10GB patch for the game? That is terrifying, I hope the English version has this included on the disc...

Top Bottom