• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Zori

Smash Champion
I was in your pool too (sheik player). Your megaman is rly good

btw, do you know if our win/loss counts will be posted anywhere? I'm curious where I ended up
Thanks man, good games! The results for pools probably won't be posted but if you really want to know you're score contact krebs

Zori

Smash Champion
Zori+Gnes commentary too good kept the chat entertained

Yeah connecting with the stream was fun, that's the way it should be.

It's incredibly hard for me to explain why someone would roll away from a 50% down throw combo, over and over again

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rolling is the meta, it's like playing Smash for the first time again.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Just an update everyone, caught up with work but i'll have the results page up tonight.

Also the video upload grind begins tonight too. :awesome:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Karna here. Even though I won this past weekend, hopefully you can live vicariously through me since so many of you helped me with advice, friendles or whatever. Special thanks to Flip, Trela and Gnes for putting up with my How can I improve mantra and answering all my questions. Time to get back to studying 8).
#NewGens

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Never be afraid to ask questions. A common question people asked me was, "Can I borrow some money?"

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Gonna finish watching the rest of TX showdown stream on the plane, heading to Florida for a vacation week. Of what I've seen so far I've really enjoyed; some good matches all around.
if this stream quality or better could be the standard for our city that would be amazing. RT usually cites examples of how bad commentary subtracts from matches, here's an example where its definitely added to sets. Was pretty refreshing to see good commentary(:

As to Karna winning, I'm not surprised at all: he's by far the hungriest player I've seen in awhile and has an exceptional mindset to boot AND mains a great character. If this were the Hunger Games he'd be Katniss--he's that hungry to not only win but improve. Congrats to him, he has the mentality of a champ.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
On May 23rd 2015 I will be hosting a 1vs1 smash WiiU event with a $1,000 prize pot at Comic Palooza. Entry to the 1vs1 event is free but the con is not and there is a 128 man cap on the 1vs1 event. If you would like to enter the Smash event, please buy a con badge and email me (was7x@hotmail.com) the receipt ALONG WITH your gamer tag. If you do this, you are guaranteed a spot in bracket.

For more info, please go here: www.smashboards.com/threads/may-23-2015-comic-palooza-2015-1000-guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I didn't know that Sheik doing 1-2% less on moves was as critically important as say Diddy not being able to kill with uair what, 40-50% earlier?

It's quality vs quantity. That would be like saying Shulk is now 10x better since he got like 7 small buffs. Clearly, this is not the case.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I didn't know that Sheik doing 1-2% less on moves was as critically important as say Diddy not being able to kill with uair what, 40-50% earlier?

It's quality vs quantity. That would be like saying Shulk is now 10x better since he got like 7 small buffs. Clearly, this is not the case.

I'm talking in terms of "nerfs" or "buffs"

Sheik did receive a nerf in each patch.

Case closed

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice

Sheik received a large bouncing fish and fair nerf on the first balance patch. Center-stage bouncing fish used to kill at ~90-100% and now its around 130 (I believe, going off memory but it was a ~30% increase to BF kill %).

Edit: Also, tipper'd bair now takes an additional 50% to kill. Nerfs are on-par in terms of quality IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom