• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Oracle

Smash Master
DBA 4 IS MAY 16TH IN DALLAS, TX!
This is looking like one of the most stacked events Texas has had to date! Larry Lurr (AKA DEHF) will be attending, as well as top players from all over Texas!

In addition to the singles and doubles tournament, there will be an Amiibo event! This is the first major Amiibo tournament DFW has seen, so if you want to put your amiibo to the test, this is the event for you!

There will also be bounties on top players; if you can take a game or set off DFW's top 4 or Larry, then you can win up to $50 of store credit to use at FX Game Exchange! Click here for more details

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm getting it as well. plan to be offensive roller with quick escape abilities.
Oh god I thought you were talking about smash 4 lmfao

"So how'd you decide on your main?"
Oh well I looked for an offensive roller with quick escape abilities

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sadly, that is what Smash will eventually become. Best character will eventually be which character has the best DEFENSIVE option to aproach.

Let's get rid of wavedashing and good dashdancing and make rolling THE viable approach option. Imagine if that were the case in other fighters.

Disgusting.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I'll be doing the 10PM one tonight and I might do the 6AM as well, but I definitely cant do the 3rd one.

I really hope they do this every weekend leading up to the release.
well see you online then. I'm also doing the 10pm one.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Demos are for NERDS.

Off topic but does anyone wanna go see the earlier showing of Jurassic World with me on June 11th? Like the 9 or 10pm showing?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Demos are for NERDS.

Off topic but does anyone wanna go see the earlier showing of Jurassic World with me on June 11th? Like the 9 or 10pm showing?
*says demos are for nerds*

*proceeds to ask if people want to go to early access showings of movies designed specifically for nerds*

Xyro77

*says demos are for nerds*

*proceeds to ask if people want to go to early access showings of movies designed specifically for nerds*
Early viewings are not designed for nerds. It's a way to help collect money earlier, report earnings faster and cause less stress on theaters.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Early viewings are not designed for nerds. It's a way to help collect money earlier, report earnings faster and cause less stress on theaters.
Right, I'm sure there weren't any nerds at the Avengers 2 midnight showing.

Yup...none at all.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sure the nerds were clamoring for 50 Shades of Grey and watch it THREE TIMES IN ONE DAY.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Can we rename the thread to RT vs Xyro or something similarly related

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I only poke holes when Xyro says something dumb, then just watch him slowly crumble. It amuses me briefly.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Splatoon is fun, even with the motion controls pretty much forced in I had a blast. That hour went by super fast.

Sniping with a gyroscope is rough, I couldn't use that gun at all.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It was okay. Definitely turned off the motion-controls and probably need to play more to appreciate the game.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Didn't notice. Well in that case, this game is waaaaaaay better than it seemed. I might have to hop on the next beta.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Seeing movies before curfew sucks sometimes. I went to see TMNT around 8pm and those kids would not shut their damn mouths.

Zori

Smash Champion
Updates?!?

Basically Gnes lost and then 30 mins later his opponent got dqed for using a modded controller so he moved on.

Also I took a game off terry the dream is real.

But I'm in pool number 1 so tune in around 1-2 if you want to watch me vs chrisg :] apparently he plays yoshi

Last edited:

Xyro77

Then we can do midnight, Tesh. It does bother me at all.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'm calling it now. Paint rollers are OP. Ability to quickly spread ink and OHKO opponents without having to slow down (guns makes you slow down), with a backup mid range attack make it too good. Hopefully they nerf it somehow for the real game, because paint roller might be the new meta.

/theory based on 1 hour of gameplay

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is a way to counter them with shields and something else, but I didn't read too much because I still don't know what I'm doing, lol.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I'm calling it now. Paint rollers are OP. Ability to quickly spread ink and OHKO opponents without having to slow down (guns makes you slow down), with a backup mid range attack make it too good. Hopefully they nerf it somehow for the real game, because paint roller might be the new meta.

/theory based on 1 hour of gameplay
rollers are very powerful. I plan to main rollers,but it does have a few weaknesses.
shields
getting teamed on
snipers(which imo are top tier)
narrow hallways(great for rollers,but they get trapped too easily)

snipers are godlike. find the highest ground then aim slightly up.charge scope= more distance sprayed than rollers by a mile. plus bombs for closecombat. quick detonations, and their special is too op. good for getting rid of people you can't hit close, and clearing the area. not to mention so much turf gets gained.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much each weapon has a specific function depending on the mode, just like in any FPS.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
rollers are very powerful. I plan to main rollers,but it does have a few weaknesses.
shields
getting teamed on
snipers(which imo are top tier)
narrow hallways(great for rollers,but they get trapped too easily)

snipers are godlike. find the highest ground then aim slightly up.charge scope= more distance sprayed than rollers by a mile. plus bombs for closecombat. quick detonations, and their special is too op. good for getting rid of people you can't hit close, and clearing the area. not to mention so much turf gets gained.
That's funny, I was actually planning to main Snipers. I like that your aim can suck, but yet you can still a reward from it (lots of ink).

Unfortunately this does not bode well for Shooters. I mean Roller can cover near distances very well while Sniper can cover far distances very well. Shooters cover... mid range well? Seem like a balance between the two and might be better for 1 v 1.

I guess I'll be sniping you often RunCT, sorry in advance.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
That's funny, I was actually planning to main Snipers. I like that your aim can suck, but yet you can still a reward from it (lots of ink).

Unfortunately this does not bode well for Shooters. I mean Roller can cover near distances very well while Sniper can cover far distances very well. Shooters cover... mid range well? Seem like a balance between the two and might be better for 1 v 1.

I guess I'll be sniping you often RunCT, sorry in advance.
or we can band together with tesh and xyro and form the ultimate team.

Top Bottom