• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Gea

Smash Master
How Brawl/Smash 4 functions took away the sheer threat of pressure he had. It's a lot less fun when people can do stupid things and get past your wall. Did this almost across the board.

Don't not play someone due to popularity. If that's who you run with, no one is going to accuse you of anything. It's the people that switch to the flavor of the week... And even then, who cares? If you win, you win.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
But he gained new stuff and is basically the same tier placing between both games (if not the same iirc)
He gained new stuff in a WORSE smash game(brawl) but he is def not a threat like he was in MELEE. It's widely accepted he's Nerfed in brawl. Even more in smash 4.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
he was nerfed in the sense of how every melee style character was nerfed when moved to a game with a different engine and requiring different playstyles I guess, but his playstyle in brawl is the equiv of his melee playstyle, in that it fits him in the same spot for that type of gameplay based on the game he's in.

That probably doesn't make sense but it's the best way I can explain it and I can understand completely why no melee marth really cares about brawl marth at all, but if it's the character you care about and not the playstyle then just learn how they play in this particular game.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
What is everyone's plans for release date of the WiiU smash?
There is a tourney on saturday at insomnia for Wii u the weekend its out. Also friday night im holding an all night smashfest for the Wii U version. ill make a post about it closer to the date

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Alright so Trela and Leaf are confirmed for my carpool. I got one more spot to Dallas this weekend. We'll be leaving Saturday morning and coming back Sunday morning/noon. It's $20 per person for gas and will need to meet at my house Saturday morning since I'm further north than most of y'all towards Dallas. Let me know who else wants to go!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Melee Marth was overloaded in a short small few actions and also prided on a meta that hadn't learned what not running in did (i.e. people learned from Brawl) and how avoiding Down air or Fsmash set ups up until 60% was enough to basically negate the character's viable points completely.

Brawl Marth was beautiful, methodical, logical, god. No appreciable weaknesses whatsoever. Triple jump glitch legitimately was the only sour point to him at high/top level play. Marth dittos in Brawl weren't as silly either, perhaps one of the best/funnest match ups in the game.
No items, Marth only, Battlefield (or Smashville) was legitimately a thing, at least going by what happened every time I traveled somewhere with any Marth players.

Marth in Smash 4 is okay, he did got the short end of the stick in terms of comparative retweaking of numbers a bit, IMO. Damage on Fair and Nair and how neutered nair is in comparison are pretty disappointing. But everything else basically feels the same/able to play similar effectively. We just have a few new restrictions (which IMO is how I felt about Melee->Brawl, restrictions taken away, now there's many new ones :<) and have obviously a lot more "better" characters around who beyond Rosalina just feel mostly preferential/biased attack damage and ending lag spreads (Sakurai's feminist/furry agenda too obvious). In short, Marth's design this game is just as good, bar neutral air, just takes more effort/work than others do by maybe too much.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Warning Received
image.jpg

Gnes: "So basically what we are seeing here is Dallas sucking S***"

Camille Rink on FB took pictures of TGC over the weekend. Go to "TGC smash 4" on FB for more pics and PLEASE give her a "like" and some kind words. She spent 10 hours taking pictures without asking for anything in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
trela, leaf.. razer..... in a carpool? the rights are halfway initiated
which can only lead to one thing

wuhhhh wiiiii wuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (the sequel)

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash Wii U demo would be nice, unless it's the the E3 build.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Yeah you guys all go to Dallas. I'll be heading to the woodlands. Less competition for me.

Xyro77

Gamma, my friend Tyle messaged you about FALCO dittos. I think he's pretty good. PLEASE play him.

Xyro77

Anyone not going to dallas, please go to the woodlands event. PR points

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'd go for SMOKE, but work pays for SMOKE.
Probably gonna drop this job at Bennigan's soon for a different waiting job though so we'll see how that turns out schedule wise.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Saying that because of Majora's Mask 3D and Persona Q?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Trela, Leaf and whoever else is going with me to Dallas: you must shower the night before/morning of the tournament and the night of/morning after the tournament. I don't want the stereotype jungle smelling smasher in my car. I will leave you on the road.

Xyro77

The Nintendo direct wasn't bad.

XenoBlade is looking better than ever

I wish they would can MM 3d and put those devs on Zelda WiiU instead.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Forgot that I have plans Saturday. How long does the smash event usually last at For Glory? I'd think a lot less than TGC.

Missed the Nintendo direct, I'll prob check it out tonight or tomorrow. Anything else that wasn't listed above to look forward to?

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Forgot that I have plans Saturday. How long does the smash event usually last at For Glory? I'd think a lot less than TGC.

Missed the Nintendo direct, I'll prob check it out tonight or tomorrow. Anything else that wasn't listed above to look forward to?
the schedule is posted on the event page. Im hoping to start 3DS stuff starting at 3. All dependent on how many set ups we have for melee/pm, the more set ups we have for that then the faster things run.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
the schedule is posted on the event page. Im hoping to start 3DS stuff starting at 3. All dependent on how many set ups we have for melee/pm, the more set ups we have for that then the faster things run.
Meant to say smash 4 specifically. Do you plan on waiting for one event to finish to begin the next? Or have them overlap if it isn't finished? Appreciate the response though. If not I'll hopefully be at the next one.

Late, but Flip that's awesome that you get to dj the rockets game. You allowed to meet the players/have any other benefits besides rockin TC?

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Meant to say smash 4 specifically. Do you plan on waiting for one event to finish to begin the next? Or have them overlap if it isn't finished? Appreciate the response though. If not I'll hopefully be at the next one.

Late, but Flip that's awesome that you get to dj the rockets game. You allowed to meet the players/have any other benefits besides rockin TC?
If there isnt a lot of overlap between the PM and 3DS events then i would start 3DS earlier. and no problem, im more than willing to help clear things up for anyone.

Top Bottom