• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'd say Robin got the most drastic change. He now has a potential kill setup from dthrow, which we all know is amazing...

The Luigi buffs are hilarious though.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
'We meet again, old friend."

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can you grab the side ledges of the bottom moving platform on Peach 64 stage?
You can grab the edges on both sides of the sliding plane until it retracts, then the tower floor can be grabbed. In other words, you still cannot be easily edgeguarded if you save your double jump.

You can walljump off the slopes of the wedges.

The bumper won't save you if are launched by a move with excessive knockback.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ah, thought it would be a good CP for Sheik if it had the same ledges as the 64 version. Welp

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's almost like I knew the outcome before it happened...

Unless something stupid is discovered about Castle 64.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Marth/Lucina got some small buffs on nearly every move.

smashboards.com/threads/tournament-mode-1-1-0-community-patch-notes.412130/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I'd say Robin got the most drastic change. He now has a potential kill setup from dthrow, which we all know is amazing...

The Luigi buffs are hilarious though.
Yea 1 throw change can make a major difference. But the buffs to thunder and fair are also important.

Wii Fit got a mountain of buffs.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's too big and the tent/walls of life are real.

WFT got better but she still has to camp hard to be good. Even the best WFTs are forced to camp. I know people who would love to use her but won't because she isn't good without camping...a sad reality.

Last edited:

Xyro77

It's too big and the tent/walls of life are real.

WFT got better but she still has to camp hard to be good. Even the best WFTs are forced to camp. I know people who would love to use her but won't because she isn't good without camping...a sad reality.
They don't wanna do what it takes

Teshie U

Smash Lord
WFT is obviously designed to be that way. She at least has more mobility than Megaman and Villager. Those guys really can't risk speedsters getting a lead on them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's more that she's pretty good at applying pressure while still being offstage. Mega and Villager don't really have those tools. :applejack:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i semi wanna play wii fit again and just **** around lmao, pichu is so much fun to me in melee

Xyro77

It happens on August 15th
smashboards.com/threads/aug-15-2015-the-official-tgc-event-4-feat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
I want to go to TGC but I live in the tomball area and likely won't have a ride back, if I can even get a ride there

Simbada

Smash Rookie
Also, if anyone would like to practice potential doubles we can do that too :)

Message or reply if interested

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
Im generally not too far from most tournaments, TGC at Le Jardin was within 30 ish minutes of me, but the new venue is an hour away.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will never ever EVER go to another anime convention tournament without getting my own room. This I swear now and forever.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I will never ever EVER go to another anime convention tournament without getting my own room. This I swear now and forever.
Sorry, but I already cut into my plans Friday to compensate you guys (and others) so I wasn't going to do it again especially when more than half of y'all wanted to stay also. Plus with me living 25 min away and having to pay for parking? Naw. Least I was nice enough to give you my house key to go back alone.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry, but I already cut into my plans Friday to compensate you guys (and others) so I wasn't going to do it again especially when more than half of y'all wanted to stay also. Plus with me living 25 min away and having to pay for parking? Naw. Least I was nice enough to give you my house key to go back alone.
That's fine and I understand. I really do appreciate you giving us free housing and such, like seriously. You saved us money and such.

BUT...at the same time...Razer and I learned a great lesson.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That's fine and I understand. I really do appreciate you giving us free housing and such, like seriously. You saved us money and such.

BUT...at the same time...Razer and I learned a great lesson.
Gonna come out the room now?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1. Burning Abyss

2. Cheese

3. Justice.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
LTC was a lot of fun. A great experience, well-organized, the gaming expo in general was cool, and seeing familiar faces while meeting new ones was a plus. Trela, Whispy, Karna, and I all took first seed in pools. 4 of the Top 10 were Houston, definitely made a good showing and caused quite a few upsets. BC almost taking a game off Zero was hype. Trela's Ryu is unbelievable. BrownTown (Karna + I) did good in doubles, could've done better but only can go up from here. Though right outside of the $, using solely Fox and being the highest placing one makes me happy but hungry for more. A lot of work to do, especially with the new patch. Also, Luigi is literally the worst.

Ended up finding a LOT of other activities to do in Dallas outside of smash also. Dallas World Aquarium, watched Antman in a theatre with couches, stayed in a hotel/loft in the middle of all the stores/restaurants/shopping areas, drove around the city which was a change coming from Houston, wife ended up going to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, the Dallas Arborteum and Botanical Gardens, and a few malls. Would for sure make the trip again to Dallas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom