• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What is Google reverse image search

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
To detect a fake image, Monado boy.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
But it's not fake. He posted a roster and then showed vids to back it up. It's done.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Talking about that Ridley image Ozz posted, Monado boy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Actually Xyro, we're not sure if we have the final roster yet.
There was speculation that there was due to All star mode being available, which in previous games only was when you unlocked every character. The leak images included a lock, which no one knew what it meant, and then Sakurai made a miiverse post the other day clarifying that the lock meant that not all characters were unlocked yet.

While we do have a lot of the roster, including characters not yet revealed (or were not yet revealed at the time), there is still a few speckles of hope that other characters are still to be included, 95-99% sure we'll be getting at least one other.

But I asked around and that ridley image is apparently just a Brawl model splicing. You can also tell somethings up by the lack of cell shading/border around the model.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Ridley is a boss char/stage hazard. Case closed.

And Zano, no I'm done with samus. Her spam game and ledge game (my bread and butter) received huge nerds. F that lesbian.

Id love to use shulk but it appear he may actually be good and thus many will use him. I don't wanna be shulk user #700000000000.

Miss marth, PacMan and Palutena seem cool to me. I'll prob use one of them.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Why don't you just be the best Shulk User #700000000000

Xyro77

With samus, even though she was a pile of steamy fresh from the hole dog poopsies, I was unique. People would crowd around me not cause I was a top player (I wasn't) but because they wanted to see what I could do with samus. I got my name cheered and complimented left and right because of the things I did/do with a rare/limited/not understood character.

As a MK or any other popular character, I wouldn't have gotten that. Why? He's everywhere. I'd be treated as "yeah he's good, but I've seen this MU a thousand times. Let's go
See that match over there!" Hell, even here in Tx, after a while people wouldn't watch Gnes/razer/Trela because we saw these guys win everything for 3 years straight. But when I would hit GFs in low tier, there was always a supply of people to watch me. Why? It's an uncommon sight and it sparks interest.

Now I'm not saying I wanna intentionally pick low tier again and just deal with it but I most def don't want to be *insert highly popular character* user #70000000. You go practically unoticed and no one really cares what you do if you are not in the top 4 *insert highly popular character*

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, don't be a big baby. Just use Shulk.

If he ends up being garbage, people will move on to a top tier character.

You are robbing yourself of playing your favorite character. This is surprising from someone who claims he likes to "do what he wants" but then cares if people see him as "just another Shulk."

You are causing your own dissatisfaction with your character choice.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I'd rather sacrifice my preferred char choice for the ability to be unique than to be unnoticed and mainstream.

Besides, the chances of being "the best" with a character who has 1.8 billion users is far less than being the best with a lesser used char.

Think about it, of m2k or zero or ally or any already top player decided to is shulk, are you REALLY that naive to think you will be better than them? The odds are most def not in your favor. Knowing this, why would I bother putting time on to "being the best" when it's already not possible.

With low tier and brawl I already knew I could do it cause NO ONE is going to deal with how bad samus is other than me......and if you notice I am the ONLY samus main for like the last 3 years.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So you're saying you WANT to suffer with a trash character to stand out? But why would it matter in the first place, I thought it didn't matter what other people thought of you? And realize if you come back later and say "I regret going WFT/Samus/whatever" years later, I WILL call you dumb because you made that choice.

You're creating your own conflict, ya know? What is your goal anyways? To do good? Impress people? Be unique? You must realize that in any competitive game, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to be all three.

On a somewhat related note, it's wise to pick up a secondary or two. If the game does have 50 characters or so, it would be extremely boring to stay with a single character.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Ridley is a boss char/stage hazard. Case closed.

And Zano, no I'm done with samus. Her spam game and ledge game (my bread and butter) received huge nerds. F that lesbian.

Id love to use shulk but it appear he may actually be good and thus many will use him. I don't wanna be shulk user #700000000000.

Miss marth, PacMan and Palutena seem cool to me. I'll prob use one of them.

Because those 3 aren't going to be insanely popular at first either.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Marth will always have a following.

Pacman seems like an odd character with unique mechanics. It depends on how he plays.

Palutena is pretty popular because of Uprising and the anime shorts.

You want to use a character no one else will use? Use Doc. Nobody got excited for seeing him return. Not a single person jumped with joy and declared, "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS, DOC IS BACK!!!!!1!1!!!! I will use only him." Not even Doc fans cared.

Being a Doc main is true suffering.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yoshi mains.
Who are you kidding? Yoshi has a bigger fanbase than Doc, guaranteed. You know what will happen if Doc gets FLUDD? Nothing, the Doc mains won't care. They expect to get shafted.

Such is the life of Doc mains.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Mostly saying Yoshi mains tend to be the butt of all jokes along with everyone hating the character despite how absolutely horrible Yoshi is.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But at least Yoshi gets attention.

When Doc was leaked, people cared more about Dark Pit being a clone than Doc returning. Hell, no one was even mad that a clone from Melee returned.

Even the Doc haters don't care enough to give him attention.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will you be UltimateRat? Same initials, so easy to remember.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
NO ONE can change their name

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Xyro, chances are there's going to be a "better player" of any character you choose lest it's a bottom tier or very unpopular (usually both are linked, but not always. There's a billion more ganondorfs than bowsers in Brawl)

Even if I was never the best Marth in the world I was most definitely able to (and almost likely still) can take claim as being the most knowledgeable person on Brawl Marth on this planet (including Sakurai:p). Being able to discuss options/strategies/etc with the top players was always fun for me too. You can garner respect and fame in many ways Xyro.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't mind if it's CJ.
We know different things, particularly when it comes to match ups. He severely covered my shortfall of not playing much during '10-'11 and I place a lot of thanks to him for getting me back up to scratch in '12. When it comes to pixels, frames, data? Nup, no one is close.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
you know what needs to happen come smash 4? Nike needs to hold that marth slumber party that p3 never gave me when he came here for whobo.

Top Bottom