• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LOL Xyro: My tag whenever I show up to any South Texas tournies. That's right, I said it. We're no longer combined as one Texas. You guys (San Antonio, Austin, Houston, whatever city down south) are South Texas, and us DFW peeps plus others like Abilene, etc. are North Texas. Let it be known; We have seceded from each other.
Good. Me happy.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The Houston thread is extremely interesting to read lol.

I wish you guys had come to aftershock :/ Zero made everyone one of us look like we were amateurs. It would have been great to see if Houston could have made a dent in his armor.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui

I wish you guys had come to aftershock :/ Zero made everyone one of us look like we were amateurs. It would have been great to see if Houston could have made a dent in his armor.
Very interesting indeed.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
LMAO @ any drama. We're all just people that hype up playing a kids game competitively.

@ Dakpo Dakpo Yeah I think BC could have given him a run for his money. A vanilla villager player that doesn't use the customs as a crutch is DEADLY with customs legal. More people don't realize this.

I am above average-ish, and I 3 stocked a diddy in San Antonio with villager.

Xyro77

He uses diddy and does nothing but play smash. So nah I doubt we would be able to do anything.

Last edited:

BlinkIV

Avenger
I don't think ZeRo using Diddy has anything to do with it. I'm sure his secondaries would have also taken us. He's just that good of a player. No offense.

BlinkIV

Avenger
We're the ones that played him in friendlies/seriouslies. You guys didn't, we can vouch for the guy. But sure man, I'm sure he'll be the crowd pleaser at a tournament and do that.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Until proven, it's false.
the commentators and the chat wanted him to switch to falcon against dabuz and they got his attention to tell him but he refused. he stayed diddy. so i think he can only beat dabuz with diddy atm. (thats just from what i witnessed)

Xyro77

We're the ones that played him in friendlies/seriouslies. You guys didn't, we can vouch for the guy. But sure man, I'm sure he'll be the crowd pleaser at a tournament and do that.
Another thing that separates dallas from houston is that we don't make accusations that go against the status quo based off of friendlies LMAOooo

Tournament results>>>>>>>whatever else

Edit: or read whispy post above lol

Last edited:

BlinkIV

Avenger
the commentators and the chat wanted him to switch to falcon against dabuz and they got his attention to tell him but he refused. he stayed diddy. so i think he can only beat dabuz with diddy atm. (thats just from what i witnessed)
Yeah, he did say he wants to focus on Diddy in tournaments for now. Can't blame him for playing to win, it's the competitive mindset. That's he views having fun. I'm at least 90% sure if Diddy DOES get nerfed, we'll see a ton of Shulk/Captain Falcon from him.

Also @ Xyro77 Xyro77 he did use Captain Falcon at Shockwave. Despite it being one game, still beating Denti's Diddy game 3 of GF's. Note the "one game"

Xyro77

Yeah, he did say he wants to focus on Diddy in tournaments for now. Can't blame him for playing to win, it's the competitive mindset. That's he views having fun. I'm at least 90% sure if Diddy DOES get nerfed, we'll see a ton of Shulk/Captain Falcon from him.

Also @ Xyro77 Xyro77 he did use Captain Falcon at Shockwave. Despite it being one game, still beating Denti's Diddy game 3 of GF's. Note the "one game"
Oh so ONE GAME determines how he will do vs the entire state of Tx?

Get out

Denti

Smash Master
I love AeroLink regardless of anything. Same with anyone from Dallas. We just want what's best. I love Smash more than words can give. Why can't we relate on that?

Last edited:

Xyro77

I lose AeroLink regardless of anything. Same with anyone from Dallas. We just want what's best. I love Smash more than words can give.
I am Selling this post filled with lies^

Contact me for more info.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
LMAO @ any drama. We're all just people that hype up playing a kids game competitively.

@ Dakpo Dakpo Yeah I think BC could have given him a run for his money. A vanilla villager player that doesn't use the customs as a crutch is DEADLY with customs legal. More people don't realize this.

I am above average-ish, and I 3 stocked a diddy in San Antonio with villager.
ZeRo is very good at the customs Villager MU. It'd be interesting to see regardless, to say the least.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui

I never blamed him or anything. hes a cool dude. i was just stating what i know and heard. xyro is right on the fact that he needs to pretty much prove himself by going all falcon or non diddy. i think thats what xyro is getting at

Xyro77

Did I say ONE GAME determines that? No, get out.
Then why bring it up? Facts are there. He won the event with diddy. Anything else is dreaming or theory crafting.

Him beating Denti 1 time with falcon At a weeklie is nothing.

Case closed.

Last edited:

Xyro77

If only people understood how much we all want what's best for the game.
What YOU want
What HE wants
What THEY want

Everyone wants there own thing. Yet no one sits back and considers what will keep the game alive.

To truly keep the game alive, you sow seeds that keep it growing long after you stopped playing.

You don't sow seeds to fill your wallet or get fame. This sometimes means you don't get your way. Trust me, I know this very well.

This is why Houston ALWAYS outlasts every city in this state. We are a self supporting self thriving castle of smash. Xyro (blessed be thy name) keeps us on the divine path of the smash gods. The path set forth by Ugandan born Adolf Gasugamai the 9th in the late 13th century. He basically was playing smash 3ds on the ps4 the year that the SNES came out on the Zune.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I
On a final note I hope our regions can obtain peace. I just want to play this game, regardless of rules. Please try to understand, I loose my cool sometimes after I lose in rules I disagree with but I'm not perfect and in the end I mean well for Smash for, as do you guys. I hope we can just play the game we love.
This is all I took from this.

Yeah, I think we could of gave him some run for his money maybe.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@ Denti Denti , aside from questionable interactions in doubles, I don't think any of the customs are banworthy. Its pretty easy to see that Diddy is still the strongest regardless and we should be opening up all the options for other characters too instead of crying for nerfs to top tiers.

@ChileZeRo is beyond the level of anyone else playing this game and i dont think its really fair to place matchups on what he does. He hasnt dropped a set in months and rarely even drops a game in tournament.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Can we be King's Landing?

Top Bottom