• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
LMFAO at WAIT. Imagine saying that and then the next thought is "wait, why am I trash?" Brand that for San Antonio and could he perfect clean name

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
SASS (San Antonio Sucks Sh*t)
WINGS (Why Is Nike Gay Sometimes)
WAIT (Why Am I Trash)

Just throwing one out there...but how about MTF(Megafox's Trust Fund)?

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
2nd rumor regarding a Nintendo Direct on April 1st.

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=200510

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy is the future.

Love Diddy.

Worship Diddy.

Your money is already his.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
yo. im from austin and i went to aftershock. unfortunately didn't get to play whispy.

tournament itself had issues, but the people i met and the friendly matches we ran were really fun. really would have liked to play more houston people.

i know from reading this thread that overall houston (or at least most of the people that post in this thread from houston) are really against 2 stock and customs. but if that is going to stop you guys from going out to other regions i think that's a bad thing because newer players on the tournament scene don't get to meet you guys as houston reps. i've met xyro way back when at MLG dallas or something, we ran a samus ditto, it was fun.

thanks for reading,
diddy kong player #3
I have nothing against Dallas or their ruleset honestly. It's just that the opportunity to go never really came up. Most of their tournaments are Shockwaves which are basically weeklies and not much else in between. Aftershock was a little too stacked of a tournament for me, I'm just not at that level yet nor do I know how to deal with customs (though lol 104 entrants). It's also 5 hours away. Other johns. I'm generally pretty open-minded about variations in rules and willing to try new things, though I do prefer Houston/SA's 3 stocks/no customs at the moment. I really want to visit Austin again soon, it was really fun!

I like WINGS and WAIT.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
If wings wins (or even if it doesn't) and xyro wins we should buy some after the tourney

Xyro77

Just registered my 3ds+wiiu smash 4 code. Called Nintendo to make sure it went through. The phone operator said tons of people did the same today and it's causing Nintendo club to go offline intermittently.

I highly suggest you register your codes NOW cause tomorrow will be a disaster if you choose to wait until then.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Yo, who wants to money match my custom Palutena at the next tourney?
Money Match!? hmm... im down! i might actually have to study palutena's customs now. and sorry i couldnt see you in Top 8. i guarentee you it wont happen again :( (unless the wii u self destructs again)
I'll face you sometime.
$5 MM at TGC2 Custom Diddys to make xyro mad (cant use default) or No Diddys. *Cough*Falcon Ditto*Cough*

Xyro77

Money Match!? hmm... im down! i might actually have to study palutena's customs now. and sorry i couldnt see you in Top 8. i guarentee you it wont happen again :( (unless the wii u self destructs again)

$5 MM at TGC2 Custom Diddys to make xyro mad (cant use default) or No Diddys. *Cough*Falcon Ditto*Cough*

It wont make me mad. you are 100% free to do it if you wish. It wont be recorded/announced and i will deliberately call your matches while you are in the middle of the MM.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
LOL Xyro: My tag whenever I show up to any South Texas tournies. That's right, I said it. We're no longer combined as one Texas. You guys (San Antonio, Austin, Houston, whatever city down south) are South Texas, and us DFW peeps plus others like Abilene, etc. are North Texas. Let it be known; We have seceded from each other.

Denti

Smash Master
I feel jipped for supporting the customs movement. The only way and reason I was supporting it was if some got banned. I knew some were jank and imo too much for competitive play. Now the whole movement has become all on or all off because... idk why. The romantic idea of customs is too bring the lesser characters more potential. I'm still trying to push for certain ones banned but I think that idea is dead because of Evo finalizing their ruleset. I'm just telling you guys so you don't think "that air head Denti/Dallas wants this custom villager, **** that". I just want more viable characters and less things like custom villager and pikachu custom side b.

On a final note I hope our regions can obtain peace. I just want to play this game, regardless of rules. Please try to understand, I loose my cool sometimes after I lose in rules I disagree with but I'm not perfect and in the end I mean well for Smash for, as do you guys. I hope we can just play the game we love.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
LOL Xyro: My tag whenever I show up to any South Texas tournies. That's right, I said it. We're no longer combined as one Texas. You guys (San Antonio, Austin, Houston, whatever city down south) are South Texas, and us DFW peeps plus others like Abilene, etc. are North Texas. Let it be known; We have seceded from each other.
And Thus, A Romeo/Juliet Story was born.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I feel jipped for supporting the customs movement. The only way and reason I was supporting it was if some got banned. I knew some were jank and imo too much for competitive play. Now the whole movement has become all on or all off because... idk why. The romantic idea of customs is too bring the lesser characters more potential. I'm still trying to push for certain ones banned but I think that idea is dead because of Evo finalizing their ruleset. I'm just telling you guys so you don't think "that air head Denti/Dallas wants this custom villager, **** that". I just want more viable characters and less things like custom villager and pikachu custom side b.

On a final note I hope our regions can obtain peace. I just want to play this game, regardless of rules. Please try to understand, I loose my cool sometimes after I lose in rules I disagree with but I'm not perfect and in the end I mean well for Smash for, as do you guys.
One side raises war while the other side offers a white flag...

Do I sense a...

Civil War?

Xyro77

There is no civil war.

Houston will always be protected from dog sh*t of the other cities. I will always save you.

Top Bottom