• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Flip, I read Capcom announced Street Fighter V public beta. They claim they will consider comments from play-testers. You should get it, find something broken, then report it...or keep it secret and abuse it later, huehuehue.
I saw, I'm going to preorder it today. Gotta find the link about the pre-order beta access.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Imo, it's slightly bad for Marth because she can limit your options and control space, which Marth needs to rely on. But the moment Luma gets separated...oooooooooh baby. How early can a fresh fsmash tipper kill her, like low 70s? Rosalina is light, and Luma can extend the tipper hitbox, which is hilarious.

I dunno, I'm probably wrong.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
What results does marth have placing well at events? What results does he have vs Rosalina?

If this were brawl marth I wouldn't question this but since it's smash4 lol he's terrible

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People are trying too hard to play him like Brawl Marth imo. It also goes back to "Why play Marth when x is better for less effort?" Marth is fun if you enjoy outspacing your opponents for tippers and breaking their shields. But he will never be good just because how this game encourages playstyles that do not fit him...if that makes sense.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
What results does marth have placing well at events? What results does he have vs Rosalina?

If this were brawl marth I wouldn't question this but since it's smash4 lol he's terrible
Mr e beat dabuz

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
People are trying too hard to play him like Brawl Marth imo. It also goes back to "Why play Marth when x is better for less effort?" Marth is fun if you enjoy outspacing your opponents for tippers and breaking their shields. But he will never be good just because how this game encourages playstyles that do not fit him...if that makes sense.
True and its sad. Nobody has a play style like him

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I doubt a Marth only main is going to have good results in smash 4. I can see him being pulled out as a counterpick, but no more solo marth.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, solo Marth is probably not possible...the same goes for any character, except you-know-who. There are simply too many matchups to overcome for a single character in this game. I'd like to see the lost art of counterpicking characters come back.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Predictable.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
And I beat Tyrant's snake and MK with Samus. So? 1 win/lose doesn't define MUs. Flukes do happen.
Agreed, but they're part of the picture.
Not saying definitively marth does well vs Rosa, just that seems to be the general consensus ATM in the mu discussion threads

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The same Mr. E that beat M2K's diddy? Could be this generation's first top Marth.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Also Marth's tipper fsmash can kill midweights as low as 40%. Rosalina would probably die at some truly absurd time.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Also Marth's tipper fsmash can kill midweights as low as 40%. Rosalina would probably die at some truly absurd time.
Also marth's hits lag pretty hard when they hit luma. She's like a moving brinstar.
Marth tipper can kill as low as 25. Problem is actually hitting anybody with it.

Xyro77

One match win/loss DOESNT mean anything "at the moment."

Wins/loss over time determines MU ratios.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
Also marth's hits lag pretty hard when they hit luma. She's like a moving brinstar.
Marth tipper can kill as low as 25. Problem is actually hitting anybody with it.
in theory you could try ftilt/uptilt, pivot ftilt/uptilt. since rosa controls space mainly with aerials, tilts seem to be a good way of punishing her.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
One match win/loss DOESNT mean anything "at the moment."

Wins/loss over time determines MU ratios.
You frequently call matchups impossible based on limited experience when you want to paint Samus as a terrible character.

Xyro77

You frequently call matchups impossible based on limited experience when you want to paint Samus as a terrible character.
When getting into low tier characters, there are certain MUs you already know will end in a disadvantage.

See Ganon vs Diddy or jiggs vs sheik.

Now I can't tell you the ratio but it is a guarantee loss. The only reason to see the vids/results of these types of MUs is to place a number on them: 60:40, 80:20, 100:0....etc.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Allan, Monster Hunter 4 U on the New 3DS is freakin perfect and that's coming from someone who barely played 3 at all.
You should play.. Why don't you like handhelds all of a sudden? What happened to the RE:R and MK7 days?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I'll prolly be at Sync's Friday night as well then.
Everyone's getting practice going to tourneys I've never heard of. I'll go as well, I need the warm-ups, If anyone's gonna be there. I think Sync's going to Florida for Pokemon.

Xyro77

Allan, Monster Hunter 4 U on the New 3DS is freakin perfect and that's coming from someone who barely played 3 at all.
You should play.. Why don't you like handhelds all of a sudden? What happened to the RE:R and MK7 days?
RER and MH3U are on Wiiu and both are better versions of the 3ds counter part.

MK8 is better than MK7.

Console>handheld

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Game is still in infancy kinda so a fluke can kinda be an excuse, if the person loses to the same character a 2nd or 3rd time then of course it's just the person being lazy and not studying the MU.
So I agree with Xyro on the Marth vs Rosalina thing. If it was something like Zero diddy vs dabuttz rosalina with dabuttz winning, then I wouldn't say fluke and just say Zero getting outcamped most likely.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPUi3ep5ggM

lol saw krebs playing Zero's metaknight just now.
WOW lol I remember this now! I remember being salty about online, salty about FD being my worst stage, and salty about losing to some dude using ZeRo's tag.

Now I know that I at least lost to the real deal. But I know the matches will go differently in person. I will ledge stall his Diddy if need be. That online game was just a fluke >:)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh desire sensor, how I dread you...give me my Zinogre Plates plz. The Zinogre graveyard is getting quite full.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Just throwing this out there but I'm still partnerless for TGC if anyone else is
I think everyone already has one but if not tell me please

Top Bottom