• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
The first thing I see is a poll for side events and one of the options was F-zero Wii
That hit me hard Xyro

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The first thing I see is a poll for side events and one of the options was F-zero Wii
That hit me hard Xyro
Back then I couldn't change poll options and I was CERTAIN we would get an F-zero wii :(

I was wrong

F Nintendo and their ability to not make me happy.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
People allow apex to govern their tournament rules. They allowed it in brawl and melee. So unless things changes, 2 stocks will start being the norm.

Well, not for my events lol.
Smash 64 - 5 stocks
Melee - 4 stocks
Brawl - 3 stocks
Smash 4 - 2 stocks
Smash 5 - 1 stock?

Why is the stock count dropping anyway? Brawl with one less stock makes sense since Melee is fast paced, but Smash 4 is definitely faster than Brawl yet has one less.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just get the Japanese one if you can't wait. Amiibos are not region-locked.

Xyro77

Smash 64 - 5 stocks
Melee - 4 stocks
Brawl - 3 stocks
Smash 4 - 2 stocks
Smash 5 - 1 stock?

Why is the stock count dropping anyway? Brawl with one less stock makes sense since Melee is fast paced, but Smash 4 is definitely faster than Brawl yet has one less.

The new generation of smashers are doing whatever it takes to be accepted by the FGC (who commonly use 2 stocks aka 2 life meters worth of health) and the eSports world (2 stocks would mean quicker matches aka appeal to viewers on twitch/MLG/EVO streams). By doing this, you are effectively stream lining smash to the bare bones minimum: Low stage count, low stocks, only the top 5 characters matter. Brawl was the catalyst to push the new gens into fully believing smash 4 should go FGC-ish.

Xyro77

MK and terrible rulesets that favored MK caused people to hate brawl. The game is quite "balanced" (as a party game turned fighter can be. LOL) once MK is gone. More stages could be available and in turn more characters like olimar/IC/Diddy can be countered.

I had hoped people would learn from brawl when hosting smash 4 but in fact it is already getting worse in many ways. People literally want to include casual aspects like custom moves and equipment (hell, let's go ahead an allow items while we are at it). They want to lower stock count for viewership/speed of the event at the cost of the game's health. They want to literally drop 80% of the games stages because of reasons that DONT exist or reasons that can be countered. Its a joke scene and a joke game. What worse is that the very people who do this stuff^ are in a position of "power and voice" and so many new gens look up to them and strive to be like them and spread the disease. It's bad, man.

I'm 100% certain this is my last smash game as a competitor.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwwwwwww yeah, anarchy in next Smash game coming in 2022.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 if you are going to SAM, are you leaving on Saturday and leaving same day? I'd prefer to not stay the night if possible.

Last edited:

Xyro77

image.jpg

That moment when the worst port of a lack-luster game graces my hand and it is more exciting than playing Smash 4.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 if you are going to SAM, are you leaving on Saturday and leaving same day? I'd prefer to not stay the night if possible.
Can't go to SAM. Me gots Claire.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah well, worth a shot.

And Watch Dogs is still a whole different level of booty to Smash 4.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It'll pass once you realize it's a mediocre GTA clone with somehow less action.

Last edited:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas my Smash family! I appreciate all you players in this scene so enjoy the holidays. Check out this TGC venue tour video. This is the Texas Gaming Championships venue that the 1st 3 events will be held at. I will make the date announcements soon and give details soon so stay tuned! :chuckle:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FINALLY. It only took...let me see, I joined in 2005...it'll be TEN years. I still need that engagement ring, but you can just give me money instead.

But yeah, nice venue. It's far from Sugar Land, but I don't mind if the venue is nice.

...does it have wireless Internet?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's like Diddy saw Snake's utilt in Brawl and thought to himself, "I should do that too but with an aerial instead!"

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom