• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're welcome to cafeteria food if you want it, but I do not.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Buffet style would probably be the way to go for both efficiency and cost. You don't want to worry about your burger coming out late and it also save the kitchen the headache of getting 100+ orders right. I don't expect a buffet to be $4 though, but I'd be willing to pay more than that anyways. Maybe allow ala carte alternative for people wanting to get a single item so that they don't have to pay for a buffet if they're not necessarily that hungry. I'm not exactly certain of how exactly this ties into schedule and the deal Xyro has made with the chef though.

As for actual menu items, I think most people here would prefer finger food items. But I think a healthier alternative like salad or turkey sandwiches isn't too hard to accommodate. I doubt anything beyond that would that feasible if we're negotiating a price point of around $4 per entree. So to summarize what everyone else has said (that was being serious) and a few of my suggestions, potential entrees and sides could be:

• Quesadilla (I'm also down for this)
  • Fajitas (not a far stretch from quesadillas, as they use almost the same ingredients)
  • Tacos (see above)
  • Burgers (cmon, this is a classic)
  • Chicken strips
  • Nachos
  • Fries (or waffle variant?!)
  • Onion rings (I personally prefer these to fries)
  • Vegetables (Asa mentioned black beans and carrots specifically, but might as well include these into a salad bar)
  • Salad (redundant with above)
  • Turkey/ham sandwiches
  • Some sort of seafood option, but I can't think of one that's gonna be cheap
There may be more I'm missing, but that's a pretty solid list to start with. You could probably even whittle this list down a bit.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Anyone got Marth, Villager and WFT amiibo for not outrageous prices? Or can someone buy them if you see them and I'll pay you back? :(

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Xyro where is the venue? It would be nice to have them serve something we can't get nearby. Like if they are surrounded by burger places, we don't really need them to make burgers eh?

Is anyone planning to go to SAM or should I just forget about it?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
There will be a food break so that means one chance to eat. You can eat here or go out to eat.

Razer is going to SAM

I'll post up a thread with venue pics soon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Now that I have cleared up a few things, I can go to SAM.

Who is driving is the real question...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Help a brotha out with AMIIBO pls.

Alright, I kind of want to at least get an organized list of who wants to go to SAM 1
So far:
Me
Trela
RT
Flip?
Tesh
Gamma
Alex/Gimmemorofdat
Xyro?
Gnes?
P4??

Anyone else?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
2 stocks and 3 starters only with Smashville copy paste but more platforms a CP
but why

Have fun at yet another ****ty apex for whoever is going I guess

Xyro77

Apex ruleset is directly responsible for the main reason why brawl ended up the way it did. When you have a ruleset that favors Metaknight/IC you will see more of them and less of everything else. Especially when one of those characters have not a single disadvantage.

Get ready for it to happen again (enjoy smash 4 diddy) unless you learn. Learn to do your own thing and NOT use apex ruleset at your event.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
VS...Fighting MII Team

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
At least Diddy is counterable and not stupidly broken I don't think it'll end up like Brawl in that way
But ye someone link me Apex ruleset please

Xyro77

People allow apex to govern their tournament rules. They allowed it in brawl and melee. So unless things changes, 2 stocks will start being the norm.

Well, not for my events lol.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
green team isn't pickable because of colorblind players
you can't return to a stage you LOST on
Kongo jungle 64

guess it's good I haven't bought my apex plane ticket yet

Teshie U

Smash Lord
But can we choose yellow team?

I'm all for 2 stock if it leads to people running pools (real pools not ****ing mini-brackets) more often. But I dont see that happening.

The conduct rules seem pretty ambitious. Can't wait to see someone try to get a top player DQed for saying "gay" or "*****".

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
if they had yellow team you'd have to be playing from 8 player smash and then you'd be stuck on the stagelist for 8 player smash.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But can we choose yellow team?

I'm all for 2 stock if it leads to people running pools (real pools not ****ing mini-brackets) more often. But I dont see that happening.

The conduct rules seem pretty ambitious. Can't wait to see someone try to get a top player DQed for saying "gay" or "*****".
It's because Nintendo most likely. This is what happens when you get sponsored for anything, be it tournaments, Youtube, etc.

You must sacrifice a small part of your freedom of expression if you want the dosh.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
People allow apex to govern their tournament rules. They allowed it in brawl and melee. So unless things changes, 2 stocks will start being the norm.

Well, not for my events lol.
TX events in general not counting Dallas who were the only ones to do 2 stocks.

Kongo Jungle is fine, the absence of skyloft and wuhu island while only 3 starters is not.

Xyro77

Politically correctness and censorship at Apex. I HATE what is about to be coming to this scene.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Any major sport has a code of conduct for players. Apex is obviously trying to look at bigger things than chilled out locals.

I welcome anything thats gonna spice up the trash talk.

Considering there as no Apex 2008 (right?), I wouldn't be too worried about a tournament 2 months after release solidifying the future of ruleset standards.

No one knows exactly what needs to be done.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
TX events in general not counting Dallas who were the only ones to do 2 stocks.

Kongo Jungle is fine, the absence of skyloft and wuhu island while only 3 starters is not.

I guarantee this is going to happen more than once at apex, not to mention using the barrel with any character that has multiple jumps

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Unless you're Little mac where he can't even reach the top of the tree in the Duck Hunt stage, that should not be happening in Smash 4 where everyone is fast in someway or form. That's also 09 with two mediocre players doing this crap. I can only imagine how a top level peach/ganon on that stage would be like in melee. Maybe peach still running but I wouldn't see a timeout happening.

Should also bring up again Smash 4 =/= Melee.
Or you could always ban the stage if you're afraid they might pick it against you.

snjustin
4 years ago

Honestly, that Ganon kinda sucked, if he weren't showing off (poorly, I might add) trying to wavedash off the platforms the whole time, he could have pressured a mid-level Peach like this one with ease.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'm already not going to Apex and 2 stocks just solidifies it for me. Plus I know seeding will be 80% inaccurate anyways.

Guys, I'm begging here, if you find a Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, or Villager amiibo PLEASE let me know. Buy it for me and I'll pay you back or something. My life is about to make a turn for the worse with amiibo hunting.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm already not going to Apex and 2 stocks just solidifies it for me. Plus I know seeding will be 80% inaccurate anyways.

Guys, I'm begging here, if you find a Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, or Villager amiibo PLEASE let me know. Buy it for me and I'll pay you back or something. My life is about to make a turn for the worse with amiibo hunting.
You have no idea the darkness that awaits...

Try checking Walmarts for those three, I read some lucky people are finding them there for some reason.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
You have no idea the darkness that awaits...

Try checking Walmarts for those three, I read some lucky people are finding them there for some reason.
I think I have a pretty good idea. I've been contemplating buying those three from online where prices are crazy high.

Also, if you find Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Pit or Fox, I'm looking for those as well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gamestop is supposed to have restocked Falcon today, check your local store before they close and reopen on...Friday.

Top Bottom