• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston ...Melee... Tournament: DSYB II (July 18th!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chef92

Smash Rookie
im a friend of rambler. and he leaves july 3rd and before he goes we both wanna play some other good people becuz we are the only people we know who can play well. a tournament before july 3rd would be great. june 27th sounds good

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care whether it's a tournament or a smashfest, I just want to have a lot of good matches. I'd probably actually prefer a smashfest since no money is at stake and I don't have too much spare cash or my own controller haha.

Anybody coming to this from the west by I-45 or something? I'm at the Uni. of Hstn. and have no ride, so if someone can give me a ride there (and back) I'd be grateful.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
brawl is the future, but Xyro will still lose to every terrible D3 player that comes through houston
you had to ledge grab 136 times(6 min of air time) a guy who DOESNT EVEN MAIN metaknight and STILL lose.

Yea u got nothing to say

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i'd rather not talk about brawl in the melee thread for real guys. allan, you should come on the 27th, it'll be fun

blurple

Smash Rookie
I don't really care whether it's a tournament or a smashfest, I just want to have a lot of good matches. I'd probably actually prefer a smashfest since no money is at stake and I don't have too much spare cash or my own controller haha.
I have the same thoughts. :)

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
word. im sorry i'll have to show you noobies my picachu. i beat all my friends. and lvl 9's. im really good.

Kal

Smash Champion
Any date is fine for me. I want to play Melee. I'd prefer a tournament. Anyone who wants a smash fest instead of a tournament because of money can simply not enter, right?

Who wants to money match?

XIII

Smash Cadet
ima try my best to get out of work to be there!

Kal: i'll mm you. 5 or 10 my falco v your whatever

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm coming to this. I don't have tons of competitive melee experience but I have enough to know I need more. I plan to lose a lot and learn a lot.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
This still looks like it could be a tournament.

Of course if not then a smashfest it will be!

Oh one more thing.....

I only have one tv here. Paul is bringing one as far as I know... so if you all want these matches to move along smoothly then you know what to do.

SMASH/TV/GC or WII .

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so SideEffect seeing as this event is tomorrow........is it a smashfest or mini tournament? What's the final count on people attending.........looks like maybe 15 or so?

Why don't you make it a $1 entry fee tournament or something, that would be fun and fair and easy on my limited cash funds. Or maybe $5 single/$2 team/$1 low-tier?

Once again, if anybody will be passing by the Univ. of Hstn I need a ride there and back......anybody think they can get me? PM me and I'll tell you where to park etc.

Also, I seriously don't have a controller so Sethlon, I'll definitely need to borrow one haha, hope you don't mind.

Hope I can make it there.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
I'm bringing a cube and Melee, and I can probably get the friend I'm bringing to take his copy of Melee too.

@ 7ak - If I wasn't coming from the opposite direction I'd get you =(

Kal

Smash Champion
Kal are you gonna show up to ronnie's tomorrow?

anyone else wanna mm?
No, I have plans for tomorrow. I can show up on July 18, though.

By the way, have we met before? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom