• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston ...Melee... Tournament: DSYB II (July 18th!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Don't Spill Your Beer! Dos.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE DO NOT SHOW THEN THIS WILL JUST BE A SMASHFEST AND IN JULY THE WEEK AFTER GENESIS WILL BE THE MUCH BIGGER AND MORE INTENSE TOURNEY SO FEAR NOT.

...haha.

Alright I'm back guys. I'm sure most of you remember who I am. The best Melee player in Houston... maybe even the world? Ah nevermind.

I'm going to make this short and sweet, none of those fancy colors Ally boy Sims uses.

This isn't official yet obviously, I just need to know how many people would actually be willing to put down Super Smash Bros. Brawl for a bit and play a real game. Did I just say that?

If I can get at least 12 people to say they will show, then I'll have this Tournament.

It would be at my apartment in South Houston. The address is 1221 Redford st. Houston Tx, 77034. Mapquest it, google it I dont give a ****. Just get your sweet patooties over here. Seriously, it's been too long since I've been apart of a thrilling Melee Tournament.

IF OOC would actually show to this then there's a great chance that I'll make this a monthly or even bi-weekly thing, IF not I would still do it because I absolutely love this game and I would do anything in my power to play it. I mean who wouldn't?

It's Melee.

So if there are any questions or concerns feel free to ask me. You can even call/ text me at (832)441-4413

I can make this work, but I'm definitely going to need as many people as possible to contribute whatever they can.

Singles- $10
Doubles- $5 per person
low tier(if enough people wish it so)- $2

Tournament would start at 2 pm and end whenever.

-Ronnie

p.s. CUBES TV'S SMASH.... wash rinse and repeat.

DSYB Results

1st- SideEffect
2nd- Jake13
3rd- Mouf
4th- My cat (Corona)

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I would definitely be interested in going. I want to play melee so badly!!!!! and i could bring people. But work is always an issue, so i guess try to give 2 weeks advanced notice and we'll try our best to make it

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Forkgirl if you and your crew decide to come let me know for sure, because that would make my day. Redshadow I don't know who you are but you are welcome to join us.

I will try to get ahold of the old Houston/surrounding area vets and try to make this something special. It really has been way too long.

Keep the posts coming.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I might show up.

edit: holy **** ronnie you live 20 mins away from me I'm definitely coming to this.
and we should play sometime really soon

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Don't invite me lol (though I will show up anyway) <----Notice!!! I am totally in on this

I don't want to take your money at your own tournament Ronnie ;)

XIII

Smash Cadet
i'll go and bring 3 or 4 peeps.

hold this tourney during genesis!

hold one before it too, but those that can't spend big bucks on traveling need something during that big *** tourney.

also you're boy george aka defy aka txfm will be in houston july 10th thru 13th and i know he wants to play soooo badly

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Keep the posts coming guys, this is looking very promising.

I'm already seeing about 15 people making this tournament, keep spreading the word and get as many people as you can interested in coming!

So lets take a vote, and see which day would be best for you all.

I'd like to have this Tourney july 4th because it's not too far away and gives people enough time to prepare. But your voices are what matter so let me know what you think and why.

And popertop thats cool just let me know when.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Not July 4th I don't think a lot of us can make it on a holiday but that is just me. I am thinking around the 6th or something. PS I can't do the 11th either

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Houston for the summer.......I have a 3-day weekend the week of July 4th so that'd be a great day for it. I can't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July than playing melee.

If you have a bi-weekly or a mini smash fest sometime before then on the weekend I might be able to come. Don't have a gcn controller right now.......:laugh::embarrass........so I need to find one or buy one.

It would be fun to play some of the old time Texas smash legends (like Caveman) if any of them attend.......I've heard of Sethlon's Roy, never played a good Roy before.

Anyway, hope I will be able to attend and get a controller and once again my vote is for July 4th.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I have 3 for sale....$50....or you can get them off of Ebay for like the same price + Shipping and handling.

Totally voting on July 6th lol Idc if that isn't an answer lol July 4th would be bad since it would probably conflict with peoples schedules and July 11th....Sethlon and I can't make that. That's already 2nd and 1st place not showing up.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 for sale....$50....or you can get them off of Ebay for like the same price + Shipping and handling.

Totally voting on July 6th lol Idc if that isn't an answer lol July 4th would be bad since it would probably conflict with peoples schedules and July 11th....Sethlon and I can't make that. That's already 2nd and 1st place not showing up.
$50 each, brand new? They have them for $35 new on amazon..........and I don't play very well on brand new controllers.

Who would be 1st and who would be 2nd..........:laugh:???

Kal

Smash Champion
I might show up to this. And 7ak, just go to any game shop that sells used products. They'll almost certainly have gamecube controllers.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
What's up with people voting for a Monday, lol
Oh, well - I could make it if it started at 3 on that day.

July 4th and 11th are probably both fine with me, but I would think that at least some people would have 4th of July plans (I'll probably end up with some if that is not the date for this).

Is June 27th too early for everybody? I haven't heard that mentioned.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Forkgirl and crew can't make that because it is too soon for them. They can't just come at the last minute.

OOC people probably have the same problem.

July 4th is a bad day July 11th I can't make it and neither can Sethlon. July 5th people might have plans to go to church or something.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I might show up to this. And 7ak, just go to any game shop that sells used products. They'll almost certainly have gamecube controllers.
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a car right now, oh well I'll figure something out.

If lots of people have a problem with July 4th, what's wrong with July 5th?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It's a Sunday lol nothing ever works out on that day lol

But if people can do it then why not? I just think that Monday would be better

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind July 6th, but people might have to work then.

Well here's what I'm thinking.

lets have a Tournament June 27th, if enough people show of course. If not then it can just be a smashfest or something, it's all good either way.

I'll have something in July as well, probably the week after Genesis. Yay? Nay?

P.S. Von I love your blind cockiness :p. I'll make sure to **** you extra hard.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that sounds pretty good. I won't be able to make it on July 6th so the 27th looks open unless something comes up. I need a ride and a controller........hahah.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I could sell you one of my old controllers, 7ak. Or just let you use it for free at that one tourney.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I could sell you one of my old controllers, 7ak. Or just let you use it for free at that one tourney.
Thanks for the offer, if it's in good enough condition maybe I'll buy it if you have some extras......sometimes those broken in controllers are great for Falco or Fox.......:laugh: And if I don't buy it, I'd really appreciate borrowing one.

Does anybody ever install a replacement stick on an old gcn controller? My very 1st one is completely busted but the buttons are fine so I was wondering if it could be repaired.

melee is dead. brawl is the future. face it.
I don't know Xyro but I sincerely hope this statement is a joke.

Melee is more than 10x the game Brawl is.......people are still getting better at Melee after 8 years.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Dawn coming means that there is going to be 4 free pot fees for us lol

Who said it was blind? I am fo rizzle dawgg (lawlz ey yuzd to g'z)

Who is UltimateRazer? Let him come lol apparently he can take out Sethlon...$20 mm?

7ak, stop talking to him man he trolls you are just going to end up pissing people off because there are going to be more pointless posts with this stupid argument.

P.S. I can't make this one Ronnie lol 10 bucks says this one has like 5-10 people show only <_<

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Dawn coming means that there is going to be 4 free pot fees for us lol

Who said it was blind? I am fo rizzle dawgg (lawlz ey yuzd to g'z)

Who is UltimateRazer? Let him come lol apparently he can take out Sethlon...$20 mm?

7ak, stop talking to him man he trolls you are just going to end up pissing people off because there are going to be more pointless posts with this stupid argument.
Hey, I didn't know he was serious......I just can't believe anyone could honestly think that.

Is there going to be a low tier tourney? Never been in one, and sometimes its more fun to watch and play low tiers.

I haven't played melee in almost 3 weeks.....it'll be fun to see how I get back into it, especially with an unfamiliar controller hahaha.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
O god no no low tier....if Sethlon doesn't come then yes let there be one lol that I will definitely take 2nd place I literally know that for sure....wait there is James too <_< >_> crap fine 3rd lol his DK is beast...and then there is just Ronnie's Roy and Link <_< too good.

Answer Ronnie's question, "Wear yu @?" -WC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom