• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston ...Melee... Tournament: DSYB II (July 18th!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAH! I got 2nd then lol but that is ******** lol DK is low T, I don't know that many people that would say he isn't seeing as how he has been for the longest time.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Who is UltimateRazer? Let him come lol apparently he can take out Sethlon...$20 mm?
Who is UltimateRazer?
The best player in the South, says many players in the South =P
I would love to go to this, too bad it's like far, and I dunno if my parents would trust anyone to take me (lack of license fail)

If miracles do happen though, I'd love to go

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What the hell lol who the heck do you talk to in the south?

Best player or not I am better and want a free $20

Dude how old are you lol?

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
well best Brawl player in the south... haha, funny how i left out the most important part
i'm 18, but asian, so that means i have the privileges of a 15 year old -_-

oh, and i was complimenting a really good snake, but if you wanna point out you're second... then feel free haha

Popertop

Smash Champion
Who is UltimateRazer?
The best player in the South, says many players in the South =P
I would love to go to this, too bad it's like far, and I dunno if my parents would trust anyone to take me (lack of license fail)

If miracles do happen though, I'd love to go
the best player in the south is RoyR

Razer cheats he uses snake

Kal

Smash Champion
I'd like a low tier tournament. I've been working on my Roy. I still suck overall, though.

Also, whoever thinks DK is low tier can eat my balls. DK dominated low tier tournaments. It's so unfair. We may as well say Ganondorf isn't low tier. Then low tier tournaments can become Ganon ditto tournaments.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
ROFL I've seen you take out Mouf before Sethlon lol is it really that hard for you to beat him?

Dk vs Roy wise^^

Link destroys DK doesn't he? 5p4m 4 lyf?

Luigi was in low T? That is hard to believe lol He is too good.

Yeah, it isn't worth coming to this tournament if you are going to lose unless you want to just give me like $10. =P

XD wow sabes que I just remembered where you said you live blackfox xD Aleif is way the hell out there the closest one is Jake I think.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Sybawave you crack me up. Come on, its not a tourney without you... hahaha.

Ally you sound like a broken record still after all of this time, Melee will never die.

I talked to bear and omni distortion last night, they both said they might come so i guess we will see what happens.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
To increase turnout, we should supply pizza and refreshments.

Who would come if I was selling Monster Energy drinks for a cheap $1.50? Much less than at convenience stores.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i endorse this thread.

and seeing as how i've been to the apartment many times already, i will show up for any smashfest or tournament you have on any date and i will bring a peep or two

edit: i vote june 27th as a trial and june 6th for a serious attempt at a tournament

dk's not low tier anymore, which is why i would be playing zelda in low tier. be scared.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
**** 27th! My job scheduled me a double. 9am-11:15pm ;_ ; So i guess we won't be going to this one, but hopefully we'll to the one after genesis. please post the date asap!!! :D

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paul there is a party here tomorrow night remember? but ill play smash too muahahah if you wanna come.

James your post has a major error in it. Yup.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I told you Ronnie, OOC like forkrgirl and her friends aren't going to be able to make it to thisone since it is too soon. There wasn't enough time to do it...but let's do it anyway just to pwn each other.

And dude...I don't drink monsters lol go eye James or Paul

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
July 5th could be a possibility for me...other than that, nothing until I get back from Cali on the 21st

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We should vote on 6th and 5th lol I am fine with either one but I know people usually do things with their family on Sunday but some people do have work on Monday.

Shök

Smash Champion
We should vote on 6th and 5th lol I am fine with either one but I know people usually do things with their family on Sunday but some people do have work on Monday.
*Votes for Saturday*

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
i vote that we play in Smarch...
*waits for anyone to get the Simpsons reference*

holding something on the fourth would suck
so why not just hold it in late july (so it's after genesis), pick a saturday
people will just have to live w/ it, that's how all tourneys are planned

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We want practice before Genesis lol we need to send our guys off with some self-esteem...o wait you're right we should wait until after Genesis

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
We want practice before Genesis lol we need to send our guys off with some self-esteem...o wait you're right we should wait until after Genesis
♪♫drum drum, snare♫♪

Good one dude. Ronnie, how about a smashfest on the 27th then and we'll have the tourney in July after Genesis? Also, if Alan can make Brawl popular, we can make melee popular. We need to figure out his strategies for getting venues. Let's make this tourney big and when it's successful, we can look into getting a real venue.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We already know how he made melee and brawl popular....he drove around xD and since I am pretty much the only who does that nowadays <_< I don't see a good ending.

He drove people around he gave people rides and stuff and most of us don't want to drive like only 45 mins to go play someone else...although Magnolia was not a fun drive=P anywhere else isn't that bad though so I don't know why everyone is always like "It's too far!" Pasedena isn't that far and neither is Galveston.

Popertop

Smash Champion
We need to find like a lan-party place that doesn't have a greedy owner, that would be perfect.

or like where HOBO 12 was held, places like that

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, like we all know where that was held lol where was HOBO 12 at?

And that is what I am trying to find right now. I think the guy might let us play there. I heard that he does tournaments for CS and crappy games like Halo and SF and stuffs =P

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Theres a place in tomball that we could probly hold tournies at...but most of you guys are wusses and don't like driving out to the magnolia area =/

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
i leave for colorado june 3rd, but me and my crew have been itching to play melee with people who are good. anybody wanna preliminary lan or something? even if it's only like 8 people, i'd drive out to participate definitely.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Xyro must frikin' blackmail people to get venues
haha j/k, but he's a great Tourney organizer

in order to make this tourney big, i'm think that you'd have to convert a lot of the Brawl crowd, if even for a second, b/c there are no other big Melee fans that haven't posted here already -_-

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
b/c there are no other big Melee fans that haven't posted here already -_-
Ha! Proved you wrong. I'm also probably going to come to this provided I can get there (I live in Alief if any of you are willing to help out) and that nothing important comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom