• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Clay (Noc) has been my best friend since freshman year of college, but one thing I feel like he can never understand (and I don't blame him for it) is asianisms.
It's very difficult unless you've actually experienced it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
They tend to be very restrictive and very controlling, far more than White-American parents.
Check out Russel Peters' stand-ups to see what I mean.

For example, I wasn't allowed to bring my Wii up to college cuz they felt it would be a study distraction.
Now that I have a couple jobs and support myself they don't care, but back when they paid for pretty much everything, they did.
Clay always said "you can't let them control you like that", but that's just not how it is in most Asian families. Another example, they don't care what race the girl I date is, but if she interferes with my academics, its taboo.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Inviting people you met online strictly for a video game DEFILES THE HOUSE!
QFT

lmfao, If we did what Clay told us to do, we'd get Noc'd out so quick. They'd break out fingers with ****ing choppy sticks >_< that never felt good..

But that's why, if anyone was ever in the scene long enough to remember me when I began, I couldn't stay out too late or play that often. I feel old saying this xD Tarzan remembers when I was like that though.

fOof

Smash Rookie
I'm living on campus over the summer, so no asian parents to worry about, just a roommate haha. rooms are pretty small though, I'll have a futon and tv but it'll be a tight fit to get two setups in, unless I can reserve a room on campus. minifest ftw

garrR

Smash Apprentice
I'm living on campus over the summer, so no asian parents to worry about, just a roommate haha. rooms are pretty small though, I'll have a futon and tv but it'll be a tight fit to get two setups in, unless I can reserve a room on campus. minifest ftw
we can just jack the PDRs or something. nobody will use them over the summer hopefully lol.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We've had some really tight playing quarters before lol dorm rooms aren't going to be a problem =P

And yay for preemptive planning ^_^ y'all should tell Hannah to get a smashboards account or if she does have one, to get on more often.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Heyyyyyy, It's Hannah lol at 4:37 am xD that's not healthy.

You should post more. Tell us when you're free to play or something. Get more training in.

And how did you know that Sgt Jordi was her S/N?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
The "people viewing this thread" thing had a "Sgt Jordi" on it, and her tag is "Jordi".

That's what happens when I have too much time on my hands.

:troll:

and you can suck it Jose, my "hardcore stalking" got Arizona here.

:p

fOof

Smash Rookie
I'll be out by May 7th lol y'alls finals are really spread out

No one ever comes to Galveston or Friendswood.
oh, our finals are only from today until may 4th, but ivan's graduating so he's going on a senior trip thing and then graduation is on the 14th. I'm gonna be home in dallas after finals, then go to graduation for my sister, then stay here for the summer afterwards.

MT_

Smash Ace
Holy **** Ivan is going to be in Austin SMASH ALL DAY ERR DAY except not really since I am always too lazy to go play smash LOL

but grats on graduating

Sybawave

Smash Ace
How long are you going to be living up there?

Oh Hannah, where are you going to be living after school is out during the summer? And can you drive far ish?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Yo smashfest at our place is imminent... I just don't know when. :p

I talked to Michael and he said he was definitely interested, but he won't be available for the next three weeks, then we have finals sooo ehh... I'll figure it out, but we're right in the center of town and we have a good amount of space so it would be good for another fest.

Jake13

Smash Lord
mt: you coming back to tha H for summer, right?

also, this saturday the great defy will be in town. yes you heard right. the number one falcon in all of TX history is coming back for one day and one day only.

who's throwing the smashfest for my number one nigggga?

MT_

Smash Ace
I'll be in Htown until like the middle of June and then I'm gone to China for 2 months. I'm gonna suck so bad at smash when I get back lol.

Jake13

Smash Lord
TXFM BRO

the flashiest falcon you'll never see!

if you don't wanna get ***** i'll just hog him all to myself then

(matt you gotta take your controller just in case. you never know where melee can happen)

garrR

Smash Apprentice
How long are you going to be living up there?

Oh Hannah, where are you going to be living after school is out during the summer? And can you drive far ish?
permanently, in the foreseeable future at least. found a full time job there.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Aww sadface. Why didn't y'all get in contact with us sooner =/ Now we really won't be able to play all that much since you'll be gone >_<
yeah, college has really kept me too busy to be able to make it out to anything lol. but now that i'm done with that, i'm going to put lots more time into it.

we have 2 months to play =P

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Except for the fact that we don't play that often during summer...

Instead of playing once a week it goes down to like once every two weeks. Certain parts of summer it turns into 3 a week though =p

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
The summer is the ultimate time for me to play Smash. It doesn't bother my parents very much, and my curfew is the same throughout xD.

/excited

P.S. If I'm lucky, I can come to TYS. It'll be after all my AP Exams, so there is a possibility.

fOof

Smash Rookie
lol wtf summer is when I play the most o.O
it's only been like once a month recently, and we live within walking distance haha
though mvc3 might have had something to do with that >_>

Top Bottom