• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

M@v

Subarashii!
ill probably play more kh:3D than smash here haha. Still gonna run an awesome tourney as always though :)

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL, HOPE 5 IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Apparently here was a screwup with the paperwork when I first reserved the venue, so it never actually got reserved. Then, the venue got reserved for someone else. I first thought something was wrong when I never got a call from the venue; they usually call me the week before to figure out when I'm entering the venue. Please spread the word to others you know are attending; I dont want people showing up to a tournament thats not going to happen. I sincerely apologize for this everyone! I'll try to find a good weekend in to move this to. I have Fridays off, so I will try to make it happen in the fall.

UPDATE:
Carroll is going to host an improv melee tourney at his house to make up for this. Details to come.
709 logan st
carnegie PA 15106

M@v

Subarashii!
That's almost impossible for me right now, because im working and its only 2 days away. Would move it to August 18th, but I'm out of town for a wedding that day T________T. Thats the only other day this month free there, so I got almost no choice other than to look for something in fall, then come back from college to host.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Are you ****ing serious?

I took 3 days off work and dropped 40 bones on tickets from Detroit out here for a 7 hour bus ride and its canceled?? And there won't even be Brawl...

I am so mad.

M@v

Subarashii!
We can try to host an impromptu tourney on Saturday(which carroll is doing), but there's really not much else we can do in this situation.

-Its 2 days before it was supposed to happen, so I really can't find a new venue, let alone do I know of any. The only other one I can think of is being used all weekend already.
-You think I'm happy about this? Think how I feel having my venue tell me "Oh sorry, we didn't actually schedule you!" 2 days before the damn event.
-The only other date I can host this in close proximity, Im out of town for a wedding.

If it wasn't for me suspecting something was wrong today since they haven't called me yet, we could of wound up getting the tourney and finding out we don't have a venue. Then we would of been completely S.O.L.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Yooooooooooooo listen up biddys

for all the melee heads, that were coming to this its still happening.

This will actually work lol, were gonna run the same schedule

doubles singles pools and singles and eatnpark

venue fee will now turn into a pizza fee

and this will be the best tourney you have ever been to.

And yes matt manning i do live in an okay nieghborhood

412 583 5180 for any questions or anything

and you know what it is when you step into carrolls place.

No venue closing time, biddys, the whole deal.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I either travel 7 hours to get sodomized in a game I am terrible at..or sit at home all weekend and waste my money.

Words cannot express..

EDIT.

I'll think about it Carroll.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah tech, I wish there was some way I could help out more =(. If I had found out this BS earlier, I would of tried venue hunting/ warned everyone to be prepared to cancel in case I couldn't find anything.. You can't get a bus money refund?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
HOPE F.I.V.E.

H ope
F or an
I mprov
V enue
E veryone

-sweet

but on the real, melee is going down and all the brawl head should come too, ill make a brawl room with a couple tvs and you guys can RR it up and chill out with us!

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
This is...ARGH. What is it with losing venues less than a week before the tourney? That's terrible. ;A;

We should see if we can get an impromptu Brawl event too for those who were coming for that. :/

Edit: Oh... Well then.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll stop by to help out. Least I can do. We can throw an impromtu brawl event as well if we have enough room.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hope 4.5 anyone? Too Soon? No its not because its the damn host making the joke. Anyway though, lets make the best of this ****ty situation.

Cia

das kwl
Anyway can that venue with the Discoball take us last minute?

I'm glad carroll stepped up and offered us his home to host the tournament. That was incredibly generous of him. But that's no place to have a bunch of strangers.

If you guys still want to host the tournament, that's your decision, but I think it would be best to look for a nearby space as much as u can before saturday.

(Would save the brawl tournament as well)

garm993

Smash Cadet
I can't get my money back.

And Carroll I'm at work. So....

Text me if you can:

248 796 1479
Is that megabus that you can't get your money back? I have travel several times through them so I know most of their rules by now.

You could consider changing the reservation, as long as you do it before 24 hours prior to your current trip leaving. It is a US$1.00 fee is charged, this consists of a 50¢ change fee and a 50¢ new reservation fee.

Also acknowledge this about megabus:

Will I be credited if my new reservation is less expensive than the original?

No - should the subsequent reservation be less expensive than the initial reservation, no payment or further credit will be made to the customer and all unused credit will be forfeited.

If it isn't megabus though, sorry I couldn't help :/

On another note, I wish this was happening this weekend. I had moneys I wanted to gives away and now it has to go elsewhere until it is rescheduled lol.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Anyway that venue with the Discoball can take us last minute?
Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. Is that where Smashtastrophe was?

Carroll's house is a fine last resort option, but I think we should keep trying. There's not much time, but this kind of thing happened for RAGE too, so I guess there's still a little bit of
hope

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Alright game plan, my moms house will hold the tourney, it held around 50 for a RAGER I threw in June. And there's a lot of space for set ups.

The problem with most places are, it's too short notice and most places are already booked for grad party's and shot like that. I know I looked into the venue that I hold Carroll fest at and there is a wedding or something,

But this is still deff happening.
SO GET HYPED.

M@v

Subarashii!
This should suffice, then we'll bring it hard when Hope 5 can actually get its full venue again.

I'm still all for calling this hope 4.5 haha

ZTD | TECHnology

Carroll I'm gonna call you in 10 minutes.

Edit: Okay add a few more onto that. I need to eat so I'm not so cranky anymore.

ZTD | TECHnology

Lazy. Double posting.

The bus line I am using is indeed Megabus...and its too late to switch tickets or anything so I'm stuck with these. I talked with Carroll....I think I'll just pop up anyway and try to make the most of this. Could be fun anyway.

Life

Smash Hero
Rather oddly, I might or might not have an abrupt schedule conflict of my own, should double check that... if not, oh well, this hope is really more the end of the beginning for me since I'll be moving within walking distance of the weekly in a few weeks.

jbro

Smash Ace
nick make sure we get the address to your moms house posted so everyone doesn't show up at our place and were not here

:phone:

Top Bottom