• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope 5! EMERGENCY- POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-SEE OP

Get Low

Smash Ace
So I went into my job today to look at my schedule for the week and to see if my manager let me have Saturday off. But before I was able to go back and look at it, she sees me and stops me, and tells me that she has to talk to me about something. I was thinking, oh God, she needs me to work Saturday and is going to ask me about the 'video game tournament' I requested off for and it's going to be really awkward and embarrassing. But it turns out she just wanted me to start doing stock in the closeouts department instead of cashiering from now on. And then I went looked at the schedule, and saw, with a sigh of relief, that she let me have Saturday off.

See you at Hope, guys. :)

why would he have not understood that haha
Your sentence wasn't very clear, at all.

Get Low

Smash Ace
What's Melee turnout gonna be like for this?
An estimated 30-35 dudes from the Northeast Ohio and Pittsburgh area, maybe a few others. No one too well known besides Vanz and Vudujin, unless Juggleguy and/or Michigan people decide to show. If you come, you're guaranteed money, as you'll probably place top 3.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Also there's gonna be maaad peach *****es there

Seriously, 90% of Ohio is peach

EDIT: not really sure if that sweetens the deal or not, but... you know

Get Low

Smash Ace
and you guys wonder why pittsburgh gets all the ladies

get with the program ohio
Excuse me? I'm from Ohio, I main Peach, and I'm in a successful relationship with a girl.
Also, there was a massive flock of girls at ******.

When was the last time any of the Pittsburgh Melee players had a girlfriend?

jbro

Smash Ace
When was the last time any of the Pittsburgh Melee players had a girlfriend?
this is a joke, right?

EDIT: because mine was. ****ing chill.
if you really must know, i just got out of a relationship of about a year and a half.

so ladies, hit me up. jbro brings the evil to all your local tourneys

Get Low

Smash Ace
this is a joke, right?
It's a question. I'm just curious, because I hear a lot of talk about "biddies", which last I checked is a derogatory term for a female. I want to know how much success with women someone who goes around hailing "biddies" all the time has.

jbro

Smash Ace
It's a question. I'm just curious, because I hear a lot of talk about "biddies", which last I checked is a derogatory term for a female. I want to know how much success with women someone who goes around hailing "biddies" all the time has.
where did you get the notion that the term was derogatory in any way?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
define success.

if you mean having a girlfriend as being "successful"

most of us do anyway, we usually dont miss randoms smash tourneys because our girlfriends that want us to take them to the prom though,

your boys pretty "successful" in my own way. lol actually, smash and biddys usually go hand and hand with me.

we'll see how the day before FC goes in ashtabula ;)

if your dying to know about my random hookups ill tell you matt in FULL DETAIL.

Get Low

Smash Ace
where did you get the notion that the term was derogatory in any way?
I've heard the term used by some people, even before I came into the Melee scene. I usually hear it being said by men who look at girls as objects of lust, as in "yoooooo, where da biddies at", meaning that they want to scavenge through a group of attractive women for one to have emotionless sex with.

jbro

Smash Ace
if your dying to know about my random hookups ill tell you matt in FULL DETAIL.
it's going to be like carroll was the author of fifty shades of gray.

which actually would make a pretty hilarious book

I've heard the term used by some people, even before I came into the Melee scene. I usually hear it being said by men who look at girls as objects of lust, as in "yoooooo, where da biddies at", meaning that they want to scavenge through a group of attractive women for one to have emotionless sex with.
yes, because the pittsburgh melee scene are a bunch of jersey shore rejects.
i like you, matt, please get off your high horse and let's continue this friendship.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I've always defined success in that regard as being in a successful relationship.
I'm not the type of person who condones have sex with some girl whenever they feel like it.
I guess to each their own though.

I like all of you guys too, just so you know.

I accept the M.M.M.M.M.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Success is something personal, therefore it is defined by what our own goals are and if we're able to achieve them.

As a single 22 year old male who has been in a couple of relationships before and is in the middle of the first year of living on his own - my goal is to ****, ****, and...****. So far I have been successful in that regard. Relationships are nice but I'm not in any rush to begin another one.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm trying to get Chillin to come and win teams with me. Hold on.

Also I have a job where I make a decent salary. My rent is $1360 though FML

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
all of you know that there were like 12 *****es at A55hat right? plebs

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So I am more or less deconfirmed for this event. Sorry to those who wanted me there, I just can't fathom another 14 hours of bus rides total back and forth and it was pretty much my only option for getting to Pittsburgh. We'll have to wait until Hope6 for another Flying Eagle =)

M@v

Subarashii!
Haven't played smash at all since rage.

I'll probably just go mk and hit the b button I guess.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
I think I've got it covered for this one. So as it stands, no. I'll keep you up to date if that changes. Thanks though. :D

jbro

Smash Ace
hey michael, both zach and joe paturnip ended up backing out, so i am teammate-less. should we get the squad back together?

:phone:

Top Bottom