• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
well, if i put it all in now, or talk with my manager, i should be able to get all the dates off. (which is like every weekend for 2 whole months)

MT_

Smash Ace
Why is there a venue fee at this? $2 going to LSC circuit is fine but the other $8? Houston Melee just hosted a 48 man tournament here and there was no venue fee whatsoever (the venue expected us to buy food there, which many of us did and they asked us to come back). What are you doing with the remaining $8?

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Whatever deal frisbee or Admiral worked out with Texadelphia clearly wasn't on the table when they decided to work with me/de Angelo. You guys were lucky to get what you had. 2$ of the venue fee goes to circuit (as states in the OP) and the other 8$ goes to Texadelphia. I have a feeling it's going to that 100$ free appetizers they are offering us. Whatever else is left goes in there pocket.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's just as well. There was no way all the Brawl people would buy something anyways. This much is true.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
idc about this. What I care about is when is WHOBO 5 or CHOBO 1
Ive always wanted to do a Chobo but nobody ever jumped on it. If brawl gets back to what it use to be then ill talk to xyro about doing one. I had it all planned out christmas tree with smash ornaments. It was finna be off the damn chain!

Why is there a venue fee at this? $2 going to LSC circuit is fine but the other $8? Houston Melee just hosted a 48 man tournament here and there was no venue fee whatsoever (the venue expected us to buy food there, which many of us did and they asked us to come back). What are you doing with the remaining $8?

As Xyro said the deal you melee players have worked out with them is not the deal we have on the table. We have signed contracts with them and there offering free food and drinks. Everything I discuss with the owners is confidential just like Dave and Busters and Funplex and all the other venues I have. I just wanted to point that out to you so that way this thread stays about brawl and the hype and nothing else. Any other questions pertaining to that pm me!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
you ****ing tell em de angelo. no baby back bull **** just straight raw unfiltered concentrated hype!

get hype for this tx. the last circuit was awesome. the championships were some of the most hype matches in brawl history (razer vs dabuz $100 money match, dojo/m2k vs gnes/razer, poltergust bodying tearbear's ever flacid soul, shlike and dakpo putting in that work). this championship should be over 9000x better than the last one if we can all get more people to come and if we all show up. no pusyfootin around anymore guys, tx brawl is making one last ride into the sunset

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should see if those people will come back.

Unless they...quit....

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
quitting doesn't mean that much anymore. keith quit and he's going to this to support allan. i heard trela is gonna team with sync again for this circuit (correct me if im wrong but that's wat austin said) so his quitting doesn't matter, illmatic quit but me and him are teaming for the circuit, so his quitting doesn't matter. hell RT you should enter these, even if you did quit ages ago, that support tho

Trela

Smash Lord
OH NONONONO, I didn't say that I was going to team with him! I told him that I liked the sound of static teams again, that's all! I'm really sorry if I made him think that :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sure, I'll enter. Pay for my entry and I'll do whatever you want.

Xyro77

I would like a static teammate. Anybody wanna play with a lesbian? Id prefer someone who would be WILLING go to every event or at least 90% of the events. I want points.

Gnes

Smash Master
quitting doesn't mean that much anymore. keith quit and he's going to this to support allan. i heard trela is gonna team with sync again for this circuit (correct me if im wrong but that's wat austin said) so his quitting doesn't matter, illmatic quit but me and him are teaming for the circuit, so his quitting doesn't matter. hell RT you should enter these, even if you did quit ages ago, that support tho
Umm I said I would enter Hobo, not go to all these other f-ing events. And even going to just that one is slightly eating at my soul. Its one thing to enter to support, Its another to actively try and win. This circuits is attempting to revive Tx smash, and not just be a 5 series tourney and going back to Ascension entrants right after.

Marvel side event thoooooooo.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Are there any out of state players coming to this and I wonder who will win now that the results have been different as of late...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo you talking that money match son? im hella down. denti and infinity ain't ready for my new technology. also i need to talk to later. how do i contact you? txt or pm?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
you can call me anytime tonight/tomorrow, SON!!!!!
yeah, i would money match denti + infinity if there was a no MK rule

Tesh

Smash Hero

Tickets have just gone on sale thru April 30th guys, so head over to Megabus.com and book your trips for Events #1(HOBO) and #2(Revolution).
[COLLAPSE="March 9th, Houston, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="April 13th, Dallas, TX"]
[/COLLAPSE]​

Xyro77

dude nice find tesh.

guys, please help me spread this thread every where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom