• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Suspect MM my snake with kirby as well please :).

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Esca, mm NOWZZZZZZZZZZZZ

WIFI PLZ.

Jk, lets do some sort of mm. Luigi vs Snake?

Also, I can't stop listening to Calling Into the Night. Is that bad?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ah KRD, I wanted to ask you a question. I'm gonna have my computer set up to the main TV so that I can stream the matches, but I wanted to record them at the same time. I have multiple splitters, so we can stream and record all the important tourney and money matches at the same time. Let me know if that is cool with you.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ah KRD, I wanted to ask you a question. I'm gonna have my computer set up to the main TV so that I can stream the matches, but I wanted to record them at the same time. I have multiple splitters, so we can stream and record all the important tourney and money matches at the same time. Let me know if that is cool with you.
Sure, I was thinking about asking but I didn't have a way to split AV cables 3-way, but if you have splitters also then it'll work.

As far as the audio goes, should I record the audio from the game or the audio straight from the mic of my laptop so everyone can hear the trash talking as well, since I figured out how to do that.

Esca

Smash Champion
Then mm his Snake and win. I don't feel all too comfortable yet with him, especially in a matchup I have no experience. So please, please humor me and beat him in that match.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I am money matching him with luigi, im just using kirby for the first match.

bring yo notepad son

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Allan, I hope this all goes well for you even though I'm anti-ban. I'm hoping HOBO 18 is even bigger and better!

Thanks for talking to me last night. It actually helped.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Xyro, you mentioned that there would be a Pokemon tourney at HOBO 17. Do you have any details as far as entry fee/ rules? Thanks!

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Dalub, you ain't the only one that needs a partner. I need a partner too. If anybody needs a partner and is interested in me contact my aim kingdomcome00.

heytallman

CTALL
Xyro, you mentioned that there would be a Pokemon tourney at HOBO 17. Do you have any details as far as entry fee/ rules? Thanks!
Here you go! And the entry fee will most likely be five dollars. It would be nice if you could enter!

HERE IS THE RULESET:

Standard OU (Smogon's tier list) SINGLES
Double elimination, best of 1 (in grand finals, one coming from loser's must win 2 games, and you may change Pokemon in between if necessary).
Free level (unless there's wifi at FunPlex, but you can just have someone candy your Pokemon for you on gameFAQs or somthing)

Competetive clauses:
Species clause - you may not have more than one of the same Pokemon on your team. Previous evolutions are allowed (i.e. you can have both a Porygon-Z and a Porygon2 on your team, but not 2 Porygon-Z's)

Sleep clause - You may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. Rest does not count towards this total.

Freeze Clause - If you freeze an opponent's Pokemon, you may not put another to sleep while the one is still frozen. Rest does not count.

Evasion/OHKO clause - The following moves are banned:
Minimize
Double Team
Guillotine
Horn Drill
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Self-KO clause - If someone uses a move that kills both his and his opponent's last Pokemon (self-destruct, explosion, destiny bond, etc) then the user of this move loses. If the user dies due to recoil from life orb, poison, etc, then that player wins. This is to prevent ties.

There is no item clause in this tourney (you may have all six of your Pokemon holding leftovers, for all I care)

The following items are banned:
Soul Dew (only valid for latias)
BrightPowder
Quick Claw
Razor Fang
Focus Band
King's Rock
Razor Claw
Lax Insence

And remember, no ubers - We will use Smogon's tier list. OU and below is fine.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan, I hope this all goes well for you even though I'm anti-ban. I'm hoping HOBO 18 is even bigger and better!

Thanks for talking to me last night. It actually helped.
It helped? SWEET! If you need anything else, lt me know!

Also, low tier teams at hobo 18 will be a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inui... are you going to this?
Yes he is, are you? We want you to go! Its on labor day weekend.

Who all is coming with you to this event?

I need a partner too D:
Keep asking around and some one will pop up. IF not, i can ask at the event and some one will team with you.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm bringing a setup to HOBO 17 (Wii + TV). Should it be allowed for tournys or just friendlies though? Since I get disc read errors at times, I don't know if it'd slow the tourny down any if people had to keep resetting the game at times (it never happens during a match though).

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Say, can I bring a bag for my control and food? Or, will they check for food?

Lol, sorry if it seems like a dumb question but, my *** is cheap.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Sweet, I'ma bring me some dollar burgers, some hot fries. Then I'ma bring me a 12-pack of grape drink. Oh, does anybody want me to make them a batch of cookies?. Lol, yep sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom