• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmmm... So this Wednsday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
As much as i don't want to say this i believe oxyborb is right.... i can't find it either... but some rumors can be true we won't know till the 5th sooo still some hope!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If it's of any consolation, the Capcom event mentioned in that article did happen on August 31st. But, ya...we'll know by the middle of the week if the Sony and Nintendo conferences are really happening.

Wreked

Smash Lord
So uh. .what do you guys expect out of wednesday?

I personally expect a trailer, not a gameplay vid. In that trailer, Jiggs, Captain Falcon, Luigi, and MAYBE Ness are revealed. Along with DeDeDe and Ridley. Hopefully even a third party(ies) characters(s). Cough megaman sonic cough.

And online.

But that is a little much to ask but that's what I'm hoping for.

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
This is just a little event, I would not expect anything major. Maybe a character or a little trailer that might be it or of course we may get nothing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Newsflash for non-believers: It's a private event! Of course the journalists wouldn't know about it! At least, I heard it was a private event. Regardless, it's not like Nintendo to not hold some kind of conference later than this, it makes sense for them to do it now because well, E3 was their Summer-Fall showing and this would be their End of Fall-Winter showing...so it kind of makes sense when you piece two and two together.

By the way, I haven't heard a single conference of Nintendo's that was rumored to happen not come true. Rumors of Nintendo conferences = Always to mostly true IIRC. Also, I hope this information isn't embargoed like that last event they had in May that dealt with MP3...for the print journalists.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
European Release Date: December 1st
HAH, If Only! I don't know what I'd do because of the happiness overload, but it'd no doubt involve nudity, a goat and some friends with cameras.
I predict (if this thing is actually occurring) that we will get a new trailer.
Nothing will be playable, but we will get a new trailer.
It'll show the extensive use and fun of stickers, and we'll FINALLY get a de/confirmation of Online Play. It may also show a new stage, and a new character.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Newsflash for non-believers: It's a private event! Of course the journalists wouldn't know about it! At least, I heard it was a private event. Regardless, it's not like Nintendo to not hold some kind of conference later than this, it makes sense for them to do it now because well, E3 was their Summer-Fall showing and this would be their End of Fall-Winter showing...so it kind of makes sense when you piece two and two together.

By the way, I haven't heard a single conference of Nintendo's that was rumored to happen not come true. Rumors of Nintendo conferences = Always to mostly true IIRC.
What about E for All. That's in like October. Perfect time for Brawl news. But i'm hoping we get something out of this.

HAH, If Only! I don't know what I'd do because of the happiness overload, but it'd no doubt involve nudity, a goat and some friends with cameras.
Ew!

Revven

FrankerZ
Heh, yeah I'm expecting it there too, but you never know what Nintendo will do. They haven't released what games will appear at E4A yet and the time to register to go to E4A is almost up; I'm not hoping for much as far as E4A goes but, we'll see.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
My theory is that we'll get a good video in E for All, but in this conference we'll get a gameplay video and probably Captain Falcon and maybe Ness/Lucas being confirmed

uberpwnage43

Smash Cadet
Okay, so we all know Nintendo isn't attending TGS. Instead, they're holding a press conference on the 5th of September.

Sakurai also didn't release anything major this week. It had no lackage of interesteding...ness, but still; we got two How to Play updates in two days!

Back to the point: Nintendo's holding the conference Wednsday, and its showcasing all games from October to December. This obviously means Brawl, Galaxy, and other such titles will be making appearences.

So, I think that the shortage of TOTALLY AWESOME OMG!1!!!one!!111 updates was because Nintendo would be showing off their first full-length trailer since '06.

This means the recently announced characters in action, new stages, new items, new (so far unseen) characters, and other cool stuff like that.

Who agrees, who disagrees, you get the point.
whoa! i guess im a little behind i didnt know about this conference. But yea, i would expect an awesome new trailer if nintendo is hosting an event like this

JPW

Smash Ace
I see a 15 second movie with both Falcon and Ness sneaking in......................

Just kidding.

I'm hoping for an introduction trailer. The movie we'll see at the start of the game, introducing the starting roster. And to keep you guys talking it should be in Blue.

Nah I just hope for some brawl info and hopefully one more cool trailer..... like at E3 2006, or Nintendo World 2006.

I can't wait, hope it's good.
It be on tomorrow if it were in Australia.
It sux how Aussies are 15 hours ahead of America.

Also apparently Sega has one the following week..... coincidence?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Makes sense to me, i mean, we haven't had a trailer since last year, and that would be a better time then any.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I think we're all just really spoiled now because when Sakurai gives us a new character we have a hell of a lot more to talk about then when Sakurai gives us Superspicy Curry. Yeah you can ramble on about the item lets you set people on fire, but that's pretty much it. With a new character, you have a lot more dimensions to cover (IE: their moves, how good they'll be, their different tactics like if they're heavy or fast or both). That's what really makes an update juicy, not a beautiful 1 minute video clip about how Pit falls from heaven. Those kind of things can wait for when the game actually comes out.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hopefully they release some actual gameplay videos so we can see how this game works. Since at the moment we practically know nothing.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Hopefully they release some actual gameplay videos so we can see how this game works. Since at the moment we practically know nothing.
Hopefully something longer than a measly 15 seconds. For me, to consider something a trailer or gameplay video it has to be atleast two minutes long.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, no one knows what time this'll be held. So, stop asking for the time! Just wait for any information throughout the day tomorrow, keep checking GoNintendo or some other news source. If nothing then three things could've happened. A. Information was embargoed. B. It was private therefore, no press, just between the three companies (SEGA, Capcom, and Nintendo). I highly doubt this one though...why hold a conference if it isn't for the press?? C. News either won't come out until the next day or it didn't happen at all.

Who knows! Maybe Gamefront will be covering it since they're the ones to break this news. We'll have to wait and see. I do know one thing though: A Nintendo conference that has been rumored to happen is usually true. *Points to the May conference they had only for the printing press*

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Does anybody know what time this press conference is taking place, and is there anyway to watch it live? Or will any game sites be covering it? Because I haven't seen anything about it.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I hope Brawl's there. I really want to see Ike, PKMN Trainer, Diddy and others in action, and maybe some newcomers (SONIC!!!!)!!!!
Its possible but I wouldn't expect anything with Sonic until 9/14. I have repeatively heard there is a "Sega Strategy Meeting" that regards there plans for the Wii. I wouldn't be too surprised if Sonic was revealed for Brawl there.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I wouldn't count Sonic's confirmation any time soon. What I really wonder if there really are going to be any Brawl info tomorrow.

.....UGGHH!!! School start tomorrow for me! It's perfect don't you think!? :mad:

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count Sonic's confirmation any time soon. What I really wonder if there really are going to be any Brawl info tomorrow.

.....UGGHH!!! School start tomorrow for me! It's perfect don't you think!? :mad:
wait......... say what?

never mind

i personally haven't seen ANYTHING about this from game sites ans athe likes

i believe you guys but it even isn't posted on the official nintendo site.

school starts tomorrow for me too.................... :confused: :urg:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I doubt Sonic will be announced at a Sega strategy meeting. They'll probably just talk about upcoming games they plan on making.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
is there a link to a news site saying that somethings happening tomorrow?

*note* i believe there is and everyone keeps saying there is but i still haven't found any hint of it on the official nintendo site or in the news section of any popular news sites

heres a link to the events site on the official nintendo site and its not there.

http://www.nintendo.com/eventsmain

yes i know about GoNintendo site confirming it but im wondering whether its being showcased on another site

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The fact that no sites are really even acknowledging it makes me think it's not expected to be a big deal.

If they didn't say much about Brawl at E3 or the Game Convention, I find it hard to believe they'll say much at some press conference that most people don't even know is taking place.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
couple questions: where was the info found that nintendo was holding a conference on the 5th?
this is in japan right? so in other words we should get it early in the morning, like 12-5am, when its the afternoon there. Next, where are we supposed to get the information that they reveal?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
quite possibly the worst post....evar.

weve had daily updates for 4 months....and we know nothing....?

someone else said this and its so true...

"5 months ago people complained because they did NOT update the site....5 months later they complain because it is updated."

narmerguy

Smash Cadet

"5 months ago people complained because they did NOT update the site....5 months later they complain because it is updated."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant something besides the items/characters. Thus why he said how it works, not something about it. How it works would be something more like seeing things in action, seeing what type of techniques can be employed. You get the idea.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
If this is indeed happening I wouldn't expect them to reveal anything too mayor

It does seems a little too fishy nobody knowing about it, if anything they'll probably just reveal the boxart or something like that

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
weve got to learn so much from the site though, even if we havnt "seen it in action." we've got ike, diddy, pkmn trainer, special moves for a bunch of em, gliding, footstool jump (i think thats what it was called), more emphasis and easier tether recovery, the holding a for combos, and much more.

gnosis

Smash Lord

If someone tells you about rolling, using up+B to recover, and a few B moves, you still don't know anything about Melee. If someone tells you about wavedashing, SHFFLing, and some stages, you still don't know anything about Melee.

Experience is best, and the runner-up is extended gameplay footage. We don't have either of those things so we really don't know anything about Brawl.

I believe he meant something like that. And I'm big anti-whining-about-updates, so don't take it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom