• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmmm... So this Wednsday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so we all know Nintendo isn't attending TGS. Instead, they're holding a press conference on the 5th of September.

Sakurai also didn't release anything major this week. It had no lackage of interesteding...ness, but still; we got two How to Play updates in two days!

Back to the point: Nintendo's holding the conference Wednsday, and its showcasing all games from October to December. This obviously means Brawl, Galaxy, and other such titles will be making appearences.

So, I think that the shortage of TOTALLY AWESOME OMG!1!!!one!!111 updates was because Nintendo would be showing off their first full-length trailer since '06.

This means the recently announced characters in action, new stages, new items, new (so far unseen) characters, and other cool stuff like that.

Who agrees, who disagrees, you get the point.

Croco

Smash Lord
Makes sense.
This week had to be the MOST lacking information week of all.

I sort of knew that gliding would be there..
The How to Play updates.. we could of all figured that out when the game came out.

Only updates that were really the most important were the Andross AT and the WarioWare stage.
Superspicy Curry was ok..

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I hope Brawl's there. I really want to see Ike, PKMN Trainer, Diddy and others in action, and maybe some newcomers (SONIC!!!!)!!!!

I'm not expecting anything great. Just because there were no "amazing updates" doesn't mean that there is going to be a trailer, new characters, stages etc.

The game comes out in only 3 more months, there is no need to know any mass of information. Even though, that would be nice.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It'd be sweet if they showed us more information about Brawl. Who's in for a playable demo? I know I am.

Sir James

The Doctor
I wouldn't expect anything big. They'll probably confirm online play, and that's about it. Nintendo barely mentioned Brawl at E3...I can't see anything big coming out of this conference.

burrito

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? This week lacked major updates? This week we learned about 6 of the Pokemon Trainer's special moves, all of Metaknights special moves, a new technique, and a crazy new stage that is different from anything we have seen before. I'm starting to think that the only thing you guys consider to be major updates are new characters.

Although, I do agree that there will probably a lot of info about Brawl at this Nintendo event.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
What are you talking about? This week lacked major updates? This week we learned about 6 of the Pokemon Trainer's special moves, all of Metaknights special moves, a new technique, and a crazy new stage that is different from anything we have seen before. I'm starting to think that the only thing you guys consider to be major updates are new characters.

Although, I do agree that there will probably a lot of info about Brawl at this Nintendo event.
Agreed. I mean, this week wasn't "OMG" , but it still had some awesome updates.
Pokemon Trainer and Metaknights special moves, along with a new wacky stage. I'm also starting to think (according to most people) "awesome updates" consist of trailers, new characters, and awesome screens of new characters.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Interesting and major are two different things. I didn't say this week was boring, I just said it lacked OMG AWEZAMIENESESESS, y'know? The week Ridley is released as a character will be a major update week. That's the TYPE of thing I mean.

burrito

Smash Lord
Interesting and major are two different things. I didn't say this week was boring, I just said it lacked OMG AWEZAMIENESESESS, y'know? The week Ridley is released as a character will be a major update week. That's the TYPE of thing I mean.
I still disagree with you, I think seeing a crazy new stage and 10 new moves was pretty **** awesome. You may not consider these major updates, but what makes it a major update is not based on your opinion. So, I really don't think this week proved anything about what info we will get next week.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter what you consider major or not, most weeks have lacked major updates if I take you're definition of it, so it isn't really a sign of anything.

Hong

The Strongest
While I didn't find the week to be lacking, I would disagree with the Pokémon Trainer abilities being anything special. I mean, I don't blame Sora, but none of them except Ivysaur's Bullet Seed impresses me at all. What impressed me about Bullet Seed is that the move is designed solely for anti-air. This shows that while the developers are going to improve aerial game, they're also going to introduce more anti-air measures to make things more in-depth and intense.

But Gliding? This is significant. Very significant. To me, new techniques are very important because every single addition expands the game greatly. In melee, as soon as you hit Link or Samus off the ledge and they return, the first thing you wonder is if they're going to latch onto the side or use a projectile to clear up some space and follow with a B-Up. It's only three characters with tether recoveries (now 4 with ZSS), but it can very easily win you the match. I think if someone cancels their glide before they reach the edge, you might try to forward smash too soon and they'll recover. Just one of many possibilities.

Anyways, I shouldn't dwell too far from the subject at hand.

Isn't TGS held nearly in the same regard as e3? If Nintendo plans to host their content at their own event, chances are it'll still be just as significant as if they were to put it up at TGS. I have a feeling we'll get at LEAST another short 15 second trailer or even better, a compilation like the Nintendo World movie. Though I doubt we'll ever get something like the first trailer. I'd be happy with just about anything. Even just information about returning veterans.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I'll just say this: If there is to be any news about Brawl in the event, it'll probably be some watered down recap of what we have gotten in the website. Don't get your hopes up (looks at E3 and Leipzig).

Too bad Sept. 5 is the day I go back to school.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
They need to release something ground-breaking again for the conference.

Like "OMFGZ SONICZ IN BRALS!!!" Just an example, i dont give a crap for Sonic, but it'd be fitting to release such a character at a conference.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I still disagree with you, I think seeing a crazy new stage and 10 new moves was pretty **** awesome. You may not consider these major updates, but what makes it a major update is not based on your opinion. So, I really don't think this week proved anything about what info we will get next week.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter what you consider major or not, most weeks have lacked major updates if I take you're definition of it, so it isn't really a sign of anything.
It IS awesome, and I've already said so. I'm just saying that it lacked MAINLY a new character or story mode, which means they could show one or the other at the conference. You're twisting my words around and using them to mean something I didn't say. Don't do that.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Does anybody know what went on for capcom's show. I remeber seeing somebody say that they previewed games that they are going to show at TGS but i'm sure they did more than that.

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt they would announce Sonic in Brawl. My guess is they are saving that for the game.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Um, who's to say this "event" even exists?

Noone knows about it!

this is all we have!
http://gamefront.de/

why isn't ign covering it?
why don't they even know about it?
why isn't it on any website?

gonintendo doesn't count because they just copy-and-paste news from random emailers...
c'mon! gimme some proof!

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Um, who's to say this "event" even exists?

Noone knows about it!

this is all we have!
http://gamefront.de/

why isn't ign covering it?
why don't they even know about it?
why isn't it on any website?

gonintendo doesn't count because they just copy-and-paste news from random emailers...
c'mon! gimme some proof!

Seriously, can anyone else confirm that this conference even exists? Maybe another source that confirms it besides gamefront.de. Or maybe even some people that are going to attend this?

IGN didn't even know this conference existed.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
hmmm hopefully a new trailer or some good info... but the BEST possible thing that could happen is a playable demo... and i think everyone else would agree with that!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
@ People who want proof: Nintendo has the conference pointed out on their website. Look for it yourself, cause I'm too lazy to get it myself.
no they don't, at least I can't find it

heck nobody can because this is probably just some rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom