• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi crew NJ Melee Bi-weeklies: Next date TBA

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Finally!

Read this post entirely before asking questions :)

*Please bring any TVs, Cubes/Wiis, and Smash copies you can.*
^this is highly important. We don't have many setups.

Rutgers, Livingston Campus (NB/Piscataway)
Ernest A. Lynton Tower - South, Main Lounge
70 Joyce Kilmer Ave
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8040
http://maps.rutgers.edu/building.aspx?id=298

Parking lot
100, 104, and 105 on the map are all parking lots, you can park in any of those.

How to get here: You can take NJ Transit to the new Brunswick station. It's free transit week for college students: http://www.njtransit.com/survey_thankyou_sftw.shtml

After you walk down the steps there is a bus stop RIGHT there. Get on the L bus and get off at the Livingston Student Center. Ask the bus driver which stop it is or you could just count the stops: http://rudots.rutgers.edu/PDF/2008/weekendlrouteonlinedescrip.pdf

Walk into the Livingston Student Center, go straight until you can exit to the left. Walk along the diagonal path(there is also a sign that says Towers with an arrow pointing, walk in that direction). At the end of the diagonal path there is a walled off area with mulch paths on the left and right of it. Walk along the mulch path on the left. At the end of it you can only go left to a sidewalk or right to a rocky path, go left. There will be a sign that says Towers and points straight ahead. Go straight until you can turn left. There is a sign outside the door that says "South Tower." Call me or someone else who has gotten there already to let you in.

My phone #
609-651-6152

Eating places
In the Busch Student Center there's a Burger King, Gerlanda's Pizza & Deli, Masala Grill (Indian Food), Szechwan Express(Chinese food)

Time
12 PM - 8 PM. Signups start at 12 PM. Doubles starts at 1:00.

Entry Fees
Singles: $9.63 $10
Doubles: $10 per team($5 per person)
House fee: $1/$2 - There will only be a house fee if tec0 or LK come in later biweeklies because they are both peasants with no money. The house fee cash would go to them to pay for their train tickets and the remaining cash after those get paid off would go to either fourth place in singles if a good # of people show up or third.

Winnings
Singles
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Stages
Singles
Neutrals
* Final Destination
* Pokemon Stadium
* Dreamland 64
* Fountain of Dreams
* Yoshi's story
* Battlefield
* Poke Floats

Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island, and Peaches Castle, Jungle Japes.

Doubles
Neutrals
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium
* Dreamland 64

Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island, Peaches Castle, AND for teams Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

₪ Double elimination
₪ If we have enough people I will run pools for seeding. If not then it will be random seeding
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Eight (8) minute time limit
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
₪ Stage and Character selection: In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule: Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified: The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

General
₪ WOBBLING IS BANNED. If you are caught wobbling you will be disqualified
₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Pause the game and complain to me if actual stalling is occurring.
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by me)
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
This is the same deal as last week...... :-(

I got a soccer game at 1:10 on Saturday. If that gets canceled, I can go, but Soccer has priority.

Stupid tiring sport.

I miss those random sunday tune tournaments.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have a pretty good chance of showing up.

I do have a math exam dangerously close to this date so I'll see.

YAY at getting money for being poor :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Sorry I'm not cheap enough to go to Cecil's room for rest instead of paying 100 gil to rest at an inn. :lick:

What happened to all the counterpick stages?

Jungle japes should be a neutral stage :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i forget what the best way to go to rutgers from public trans from philly.

i forget how to get to the brunswick station

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What happened to all the counterpick stages?
I was too lazy to list them =D

i forget what the best way to go to rutgers from public trans from philly.

i forget how to get to the brunswick station
Take SEPTA from 30th Street Station to Trenton and then take NJ Transit from there to the New Brunswick Station.

i wish u coulda posted like a couple more days ago so i coulda took it off from work
Call in sick, no johns :)

C0cktipper said:
Kashif where exactly are u holding this?
Preferably in one of the lounges with air conditioning. The Towers one @ worst.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
yea higurashi is pretty cool but i cant watch it for a while because i got to catch up on one piece. :urg:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i got a good amount of tos to go

so far weve got me, gotm, talwind, vex, and a possibility of xzax and aztecking

Eggm

Smash Hero
Parking is free on the weekends so nothing required. Just park in the correct parking lot which I'm sure spammer will tell us soon.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Parking is free on the weekends so nothing required. Just park in the correct parking lot which I'm sure spammer will tell us soon.
=D yes indeed, that info is coming soon. Ppl post up if you can bring setups, they will be highly appreciated :).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
MORE MELEE? LOL awesome. Don't think I can make it though, no johns, just got too much to do =(

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Sweet, and I thought having this Saturday off randomly was going to be wasted. I'll definitely be there and I can bring my Cube + Melee. Though please post exactly where it's going to be.

JFox

Smash Hero
spam, will these always be on saturdays? I was hopin that they would sometimes be on fridays this way they never conflict with other tournaments. Once october hits, theres gonna be melee EVERYWHERE, but all on saturdays. So if these were friday that would be great. Consider it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
spam, will these always be on saturdays? I was hopin that they would sometimes be on fridays this way they never conflict with other tournaments. Once october hits, theres gonna be melee EVERYWHERE, but all on saturdays. So if these were friday that would be great. Consider it.
Jfox speaks the truth. However, Spam would rather eat Eggm's pizza than cater to the needs of other smashers :(

I can't make it to this one, but my setup will be there in all its sexy sky blue skin.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Well jfox, espocs haven't started yet and scar is mad lazy and chibo is only planning to do his melee installments every 4 - 5 weeks he said on aim. I say keep em saturday till melee actually is everywhere.

Top Bottom