• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I can agree there. Both Kalm and GTB have more to show than I do, so it's only fair.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I will say though I'm expecting great stuff now that you have a U, hope you can make it out to tourneys more often to wreck things lol.

Also I'd really love to play you again, that reminded me. If you get the chance add my id, pinkyz.

I won't lie I use Corrin more than dorf these days but I will definitely mirror you. I nevet really minded losing in the mirror to you because you totally outplayed me rather than got that one good read.

I still use dorf but I have a nasty sheik and mk here and I wanna make my life easier lol. I can beat the mk with dorf but no games off the sheik, I've played a ton of sheiks but this one has me stumped. I think I could take games with dorf if I kept at it but the massive guessing game that mu is, os unappealing in a tourney setting the more I think about it.

I should probably be playing them Sunday, I'll post a stream link in the social.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thanks, Opa. I've got a lot of work ahead of me to translate my playing from 3DS to WiiU, but hopefully I won't disappoint. :p

Also, on second thought, I'd put GTB above Kalm, just because, and this certainly isn't to undermine Kalm's accomplishments, I'm not sure who Kalm's beaten. Even if Kalm's region is stronger than GTB's, GTB has names. If Kalm has comparable names, then, disregard!

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I can agree with that, I'd like to know who Kalm and other dorfs have done well against.

I haven't had many opportunities but I've taken a game from Gohan in a mm, Angel Cortes in tourney, and beaten #5 on I think the Delaware pr.

Also Oatmeal is not a known player but he's a strong player I want to make note of, players I noted in Rays tourney thread were solid but not really a strong threat, especially since our scene has grown stronger.

Hopefully I can add to that soon lol, using dorf of course when applicable.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The notable players in the recent tourney were Gains, Slader, And Sushi. There was also Constance whom I lost to.

My region has the casual Ally, Holy, San, DKwill and M2k showup. I've nearly beaten Ally's Mario and Holy's Rob (taking games from both). Also V115, as you probably know from the Brawl days, is an incredibly good Zamus. There's Blacktwins and Chris as well. Poke and V115 have beaten M2k and Ally. Chris has beaten Holy. Yoh, my brother who is currently ranked #1 on the Ontario PR, has consistently beaten V115, Poke and the rest to grab first in the past many tournaments. He's also beaten Holy's Rob for a second time 2-0 back in Decemeber, and the first time was way back in May.

I would not put GTB first. His region is not really all that good, I'd say if you paired him up in a tournament with some good players, he'd have a hard time coming even top 8.

The top four PR in my region have some good accomplishments.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
No offense Kalm but your region isn't the toughest at all for a Ganon main. That title belongs to SoCal and next would be a toss up between Tri-State, Canada and Florida (where I am).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
No offense Kalm but your region isn't the toughest at all for a Ganon main. That title belongs to SoCal and next would be a toss up between Tri-State, Canada and Florida (where I am).
In terms of those of us who are dominant Ganon mains.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In terms of those of us who are dominant Ganon mains.
Matt Hazard does pretty well in SoCal (something like 17th out of 180ish at ESAM saga iirc solo Ganon). Though I haven't seen any of his recent gameplay.

I would argue however between having like at least 3 world class Sheik players among other ridiculously diverse PR players, SoCal is at least as good as your region.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Gtb is tricky, he has good results but I'm unsure of how good hisopponents are. I agree at times he's overhyped but he's not a bad dorf at all with solid results, that's why I listed him second in my personal s tier.

Out of the s tiers I'd say you have the second toughest region to gungnir, but again I don't think he's been to a tourney for awhile while iirc pon has.

I can tell you want that first place ray and I agree with you though, you really have earned it with strong tourney results and quality wins imo.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I get you saying Canada ain't weak, but aside from GtB, alot of us who main Ganon are not in weak regions at all. In my regionals I'm dealing with MVD, Nick Riddle, M2K since he lives here iirc, Seibrik, ESAM shows up, 8BitMan, Sol, Ryo, Heero (aka Static Manny), Prince Ramen, and Xaltis off the top of my head. All those players and SoCal is still the stronger region by far and they are only rivaled by Japan.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The notable players in the recent tourney were Gains, Slader, And Sushi. There was also Constance whom I lost to.

My region has the casual Ally, Holy, San, DKwill and M2k showup. I've nearly beaten Ally's Mario and Holy's Rob (taking games from both). Also V115, as you probably know from the Brawl days, is an incredibly good Zamus. There's Blacktwins and Chris as well. Poke and V115 have beaten M2k and Ally. Chris has beaten Holy. Yoh, my brother who is currently ranked #1 on the Ontario PR, has consistently beaten V115, Poke and the rest to grab first in the past many tournaments. He's also beaten Holy's Rob for a second time 2-0 back in Decemeber, and the first time was way back in May.

I would not put GTB first. His region is not really all that good, I'd say if you paired him up in a tournament with some good players, he'd have a hard time coming even top 8.

The top four PR in my region have some good accomplishments.
Again, not to be a stiff, but we need something to go on to tell these people are notable. Either their ranking on a PR or videos against them. I'm not saying you're doing this, but the reason I caution that everyone, upon presenting a case for their results, to prove their competition is solid is because it's far too easy to say that any average player is notable. The reason I'm curious about this is because I do follow the Ontario scene a bit, and Gains having made it that far in a 150-man bracket seems... highly unusual given that he's currently not even in the honorable mentions section of the Ontario PR.

Secondly, living in a tough region's well and good, but if you're not routinely facing the toughest players, a tough region doesn't count for much. Which of these players you've mentioned have routinely stifled you in bracket?

I'm really not trying to drill you unfairly, Kalm. You and I have had our friction, so naturally you may believe my skepticism is me just targeting you, but that's not at all the case. I'd drill GtB similarly had I no evidence of his accomplishments and the quality of his opponents/who he fights/loses to. He lives in a weak region, no doubt. But just because your region is tougher shouldn't necessarily mean than he should be penalized.

I'd certainly want anyone to be critical of me and the others in the same way. My region's not mighty, but I have to face high-quality Sheiks, Rosas and Villagers predominantly in the upper part of the bracket, so it's not entirely fair to definitively claim that your region is the absolute toughest, given that your losses don't usually seem to be owed to the players who would qualify it as such. In other words, I agree of the currently top 4 Ganons, your region is qualitatively the toughest. The question remains, however: is <your competition> the toughest, i.e. the people you actually face on a regular basis such that they could meaningfully alter your results.

I'm in favor of GtB being in first for the moment for these reasons. Furthermore, I genuinely think being critical is healthy for our competitive development. If we settle for "taking a game off of a good player" or "almost beating people" or beating unranked players who regularly attend tournies as grounds for top-placings then we should reconsider the effort we put into this character. :p

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Lets just put me in S tier and make the rest of you A tier. That will settle all this bickering. ;)

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
When I mentioned players I had taken games off of that was far from me settling, rather I was just stating potential accomplishments that are the result of being critical of myself. I don't think what you said was towards anyone in particular, but I just wanted to clarify that when I state things like that, it's to give an idea of what I've done up to this point. That being said for me personally I welcome critical analysis of myself and the players I'm up against, and is a large part of why I share my sets here tbh.

I hope to provide some quality gameplay of Oatmeal this Sunday for you guys though, although I'm letting you know in advance I suck at teching mk's bair lol. Can't promise I'll go dorf against him though, been using Corrin almost exclusively lately(Not dropping dorf I swear!)

I think if anything we should keep the tiers general until there's an undisputed best, like say everyone in S tier is capable of accomplishments the other is, which for the most part I'd say is true.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow someone's triggered over S tier. I removed King of Evil tier for a reason.

Nobody for a moment doubts how good you are Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Removed post.
When I mentioned players I had taken games off of that was far from me settling, rather I was just stating potential accomplishments that are the result of being critical of myself. I don't think what you said was towards anyone in particular, but I just wanted to clarify that when I state things like that, it's to give an idea of what I've done up to this point. That being said for me personally I welcome critical analysis of myself and the players I'm up against, and is a large part of why I share my sets here tbh.

I hope to provide some quality gameplay of Oatmeal this Sunday for you guys though, although I'm letting you know in advance I suck at teching mk's bair lol. Can't promise I'll go dorf against him though, been using Corrin almost exclusively lately(Not dropping dorf I swear!)

I think if anything we should keep the tiers general until there's an undisputed best, like say everyone in S tier is capable of accomplishments the other is, which for the most part I'd say is true.
Don't worry, Opa, I wasn't referring to you with that. :p Just as a general statement, <everyone> does things like that, i.e. settle with "I took a game off of..." or "I almost beat" or "I beat this person who beat this person who beat this person," to get an edge. I know, because I and a few others Ganons used to do it back in the Brawl days when the best Ganons had very few substantive accomplishments so we had to split hairs.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll be attending two nationals in the coming months. The first of the two is quite literally a walk from my house.

I was speaking to Pon and he says he might attend these as well. I'm not sure about any others. So, if that's the case, we'll be the first of the few ranking Ganons to attend nationals.

April 29th - May 1st https://www.facebook.com/events/1567487700238656/

May 20th Get on My Level

Last edited:

Arkb0t

Smash Rookie
Get on My Level should have several top level Wii U players in attendance, and should be an opportunity for good players across Canada to figure out how they stack up. If Ontario's top players perform well against international talent, it should bolster Ray_Kalm's case.

Last edited:

GanonTheBeast

Smash Rookie
Power hungry much?..."gulp"

My region has so much potential for most of our power ranking players in my opinion. We have solid players over here. We are a solid region.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If anybody's interested, I got 2nd today, beating 3 of our top PRs (1st, 3rd and the other I'm not sure exactly). I lost to #3 in winners and GF though. Not as disappointed as last time, but still disappointed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If anybody's interested, I got 2nd today, beating 3 of our top PRs (1st, 3rd and the other I'm not sure exactly). I lost to #3 in winners and GF though. Not as disappointed as last time, but still disappointed.
More details about what matchups you played would be interesting.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
More details about what matchups you played would be interesting.
Nothing exotic. Our current first is the Lucario I lost to last tournament, Shiny. The #3 is actually #4 and is a Yoshi named Dr. Robotnik and the last was a Robin named Deci. I'm really happy with how I played against the Lucario and Robin -- they both played the MU really well, which is always nice to not walk away feeling like a fraud.

I'm sorely disappointed in myself for how the matches against the Yosh went though. Whether it was fatigue or MU ignorance, I just didn't bring my A-game to those sets.

I'm not unhappy with 2nd, especially in a tournament with most of the PR there, but there's no excuse for losing that last GF set. I'd also be less unhappy were my opportunities to attend these not so slim, meaning I have to sit and stew with an extremely dissatisfying loss for X amount of time.

Hopefully I can begin hosting tournaments here in my town soon. I've certainly done more than my part to support their scene for the past year, traveling 5+ hours one-way per tournament.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nothing exotic. Our current first is the Lucario I lost to last tournament, Shiny. The #3 is actually #4 and is a Yoshi named Dr. Robotnik and the last was a Robin named Deci. I'm really happy with how I played against the Lucario and Robin -- they both played the MU really well, which is always nice to not walk away feeling like a fraud.

I'm sorely disappointed in myself for how the matches against the Yosh went though. Whether it was fatigue or MU ignorance, I just didn't bring my A-game to those sets.

I'm not unhappy with 2nd, especially in a tournament with most of the PR there, but there's no excuse for losing that last GF set. I'd also be less unhappy were my opportunities to attend these not so slim, meaning I have to sit and stew with an extremely dissatisfying loss for X amount of time.

Hopefully I can begin hosting tournaments here in my town soon. I've certainly done more than my part to support their scene for the past year, traveling 5+ hours one-way per tournament.
Good job Verm. How many people were there that attended the tournament? And will there be any videos of the event?

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I got 4th at a tourney yesterday going corrin and dorf. Admittedly I went mostly Corrin but I should have at least one set as dorf vs a mac that got streamed. Lost to Riz, #8 on the nj pr and a sheik main, and to a bayonetta user. I didn't use dorf for those games because I hate the bayo mu and I don't like the uncertainty of fighting sheik with dorf now that I have another option.

I am a traitor omg

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good job Verm. How many people were there that attended the tournament? And will there be any videos of the event?
Thanks, Kalm.

I don't know the exact number, but somewhere around 30 entrants. It's funny, because I only went because my friend asked me to since he didn't want to drive all the way by himself. The reason I didn't wanna go initially was because the RSVP list on FB only showed two of our PR players, which obviously wasn't very enticing. Come to find out upon arrival, pretty much the entire PR with a few exceptions was crammed into the bracket. :p Which was nice, considering the effort to drive there.

As for vids, there was no stream, so no, unfortunately. Our actual monthly is happening next week, however, and if I'm somehow lucky enough, I might make it to that one where pretty much all my matches are always streamed.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Thanks, Kalm.

I don't know the exact number, but somewhere around 30 entrants. It's funny, because I only went because my friend asked me to since he didn't want to drive all the way by himself. The reason I didn't wanna go initially was because the RSVP list on FB only showed two of our PR players, which obviously wasn't very enticing. Come to find out upon arrival, pretty much the entire PR with a few exceptions was crammed into the bracket. :p Which was nice, considering the effort to drive there.

As for vids, there was no stream, so no, unfortunately. Our actual monthly is happening next week, however, and if I'm somehow lucky enough, I might make it to that one where pretty much all my matches are always streamed.
30 entrants, so I can conclude there were no pools or round robin qualifiers? That would mean, if you didn't get a first match bye, you fought about 4-5 battles to reach second?

Is there a bracket you could share?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
30 entrants, so I can conclude there were no pools or round robin qualifiers? That would mean, if you didn't get a first match bye, you fought about 4-5 battles to reach second?

Is there a bracket you could share?
No first-round bye, and... it was 8 matches, I believe. Two against non-PRs, two against Deci, one against Shiny, and three against Robotnik. Though, I could have gotten second without the matches against Robotnik, so if you look at it that way, 6.

Dunno where the bracket is, don't think they've posted it yet.

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Yeah verm, what were all the entrants names and please tag all of them, I'm not totally convinced this tournament actually happened. Im also gonna need the serial number off of your gamecube controller and the names and a brief description of each player you faced. I for one have had enough of your phony tournament results, dont worry Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm we'll get this fraud!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Mine was around 30 entrants too lol

camden

Smash Apprentice
I'm also going to GOML, and if I don't figure out which character I'm using before then, I'll be going Ganon. I'm hoping to place decently well, but no promises since I'm pretty fraudulent.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Hey A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , I'd love a shot at re-evaluation here. If you feel you'd like to play some more to make a rating, that'd be fine, though I think you've probably got a relatively good idea of where I stand compared to 4-6 months ago. If I had to rate myself, I'd probably place myself in the top half of B tier, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure Vermanubis Vermanubis , Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm , Opana Opana , Koskinator Koskinator , and others could probably vouch for me being at least promoted from where I stand now. I'm looking forward to working even more at my game and being able to stand among the greats here. :) Unfortunately with my current situation I'm not able to compete much at tournaments, but maybe here and there this upcoming summer.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah that's perfect, definitely above C

Top Bottom