• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Haven't looked in here for a while. Why is Ganon the Beast so high?
Recap, plz.
#1 in Minnesota, USA.

His region is kinda meh, but the videos he has available make it obvious he's an extremely talented and skilled player. He has placed high in large tournaments too (if I recall, he managed top 8 in some 200 man tournament a while ago?)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I always feel like I level up after getting smacked around by A2ZOMG A2ZOMG for a couple of hours. I need to Ganon deathmatch some of the other C-tier bums to see if I'm ready to ascend.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Sounds good. BC's a long way off, but it's probably still closer than California.

I'll be around tonight if you want to play some games.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Placed 5th out of 50 today, losing to only PR members (0-2 cloud and 1-2 Rosalina).

Tomorrow there's going to be about double that amount, with some American players joining in ( san. san. hope to face you this time).

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Placed 5th out of 50 today, losing to only PR members (0-2 cloud and 1-2 Rosalina).

Tomorrow there's going to be about double that amount, with some American players joining in ( san. san. hope to face you this time).
I plan on being there, going to sleep now. I hope to gain some MU tips from you at the very least.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast : Good to finally have you here, dude!

Also, slightly off topic, but something I've been thinking about a bit and feel can't be overstated in the interest of accurate rankings in the future: specificity and honesty. There's nothing wrong with being pleased with a given placing, but given our community is especially competitive for these rankings, I feel our expectations for ourselves and others should match the level of competition.

That is to say, I've become massively skeptical of numbers. I'd be in favor of our primary mode of evaluation being videos and names of players beaten -- videos especially if the player in question isn't well-known or has no videos to judge from, since it's way too easy to inflate one's competition with all sorts of creative hyperbole like "I beat this person who only lost to the person who placed __ out of __, and sometimes places top 5 and is generally considered to a top 10 east Chinatown Shrek player."

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast : Good to finally have you here, dude!

Also, slightly off topic, but something I've been thinking about a bit and feel can't be overstated in the interest of accurate rankings in the future: specificity and honesty. There's nothing wrong with being pleased with a given placing, but given our community is especially competitive for these rankings, I feel our expectations for ourselves and others should match the level of competition.

That is to say, I've become massively skeptical of numbers. I'd be in favor of our primary mode of evaluation being videos and names of players beaten -- videos especially if the player in question isn't well-known or has no videos to judge from, since it's way too easy to inflate one's competition with all sorts of creative hyperbole like "I beat this person who only lost to the person who placed __ out of __, and sometimes places top 5 and is generally considered to a top 10 east Chinatown Shrek player."
Yeah like, me placing 5/50 sounds impressive, until I factor that the tournament itself didn't have as many PR players, and the one I did play still bopped me. Completely agree that videos are more or less the deal breaker to confirm quality of play.

Also Kalm, your knowledge of followups and pressure is as good as ever, and you pick smart recovery options offstage.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I don't have vids of my more important games tbh, either they're off twitch or weren't recorded.

I would like you guys to gauge the skill of this player though, this was from a smaller tourney but he usually places fairly well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-gbfNLWHfBY

Also I'm glad to see you here GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast

Last edited:

GanonTheBeast

Smash Rookie
I don't have vids of my more important games tbh, either they're off twitch or weren't recorded.

I would like you guys to gauge the skill of this player though, this was from a smaller tourney but he usually places fairly well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-gbfNLWHfBY

Also I'm glad to see you here GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast
I would say that he fairly knows what to do solidly using ganon but I would like to see more for further speculation.

Also how many people was at that tourney you were in?
That tourney you were in looked similar to my region... interesting much.
You use well of ganon's aerial moves to punish recovery options, and I saw you using up-b at the edge which could be safe sometimes. It is hard to get in against MegaMan because of his pellets and tools, even I struggle too, you managed to pull it off. Down-smash is so good because of how strong it is now lol even I try to use it often but it could be punished.
But wow awesome ganon indeed!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I actually meant more so the MM but it's much appreciated. This was like our smallest tourney yet but I was just curious what you all thought about one of the better placing players. Not always like top 8 but the upper half.

Also I took 3rd out of 65 here http://challonge.com/dragonsdensmash10

Some matches may be uploaded; lost round 1 to a fairly standard Ike and was glad to have gotten my rematch. I lost in losers finals to a very reactionary and solid Diddy who went by Gold, games got progressively closer(Game 1 was destruction and 3 was last hit) so I'm pretty happy despite not taking a game. I missed two very important techs game 3, I think I'd have normally gotten them but I made the bad decision to stay up late to train since I didn't have time the day before and with 2 days notice.

I'd post this in our results thread but it's fairly relevant to the conversation.

GanonTheBeast

Smash Rookie
Diddy stresses me out so much because of how good he is plus banana, what also kills me is when people try to space away and ganon can't catch up. I try to react fast to certain situations and hope not to mess up. It's always good to have a ready mindset while playing.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Good stuff as usual, Opana Opana

That reminds me, whenever we have good matches, we should try to save them onto the WiiU in question. I know lots of great matches go unseen since they're not on stream. For example, I reaaaally wanted to see Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm vs san. san. yesterday, but it wasn't streamed.

Slightly different topic, but I'm curious about it now that 3/4 of the S-ranked Ganons are here (and of course, this applies to any Ganon who has noteworthy traits): how would you guys pick the top-ranked Ganons out of a crowd/tell them apart?

For me, I think I could identify Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm Kalm by his explosiveness. He kinda makes people cautious about throwing moves out.

GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast I could identify with his spacing.

Gungnir with his nutty tech, and Opana Opana with his ability to become one giant hitbox. :p

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Unfortunately, that tournament ran very slowly. We played offstream after waiting several hours and that didn't help quicken up the tournament at all. Not much could really be gathered from the set overall, it was finished in a matter of minutes and based purely on reads + punishes. Stocks were lost incredibly quickly on both sides.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I actually saved a few and despite some pretty nast tech errors I'm excited to see them (hopefully) upload.

Vermanubis Vermanubis I really appreciate and feel pretty honored to be listed amongst you all there. Believe it or not I've become less of a giant hitbox and actually have some patience, playing mm a lot has really helped with that. For me personally I'd say a stand out quality of mine is high risk high reward decisions tbh.

For you Verm I'd definitely say it's your ability to turn one read into a stock, I've seen you do this to me and in tourney and it's something that comes to mind when I think of you.

For Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm it's definitely his ability to go from extreme patience to extreme aggression. From when we'd played and from what I'd seen he was amazingly patient up until he got that one opening where he'd push his advantage really far.

GanonTheBeast GanonTheBeast really impresses me with his low risk but ultimately high reward decisions. He doesn't over extend himself and I'd argue he's a contender for most patient Ganon. Really good decision making really comes to mind from what I've seen.

Gungnir definitely for his techs, but more so his creativeness. Like, when we played there was input lag and what he demonstrated were interesting ways of using moves like uthrow to dark dive uppercut and of course reverse uair to (almost) wizspike. At the same time though his tourney matches don't necesarily give the same feel so I'm not entirely confident in saying this lol. If anything I think he plays similarly to GtB in tourney but is more defined by his tech skill.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Was speaking to Pon not too long ago. He says he will be attending a few big tournaments in the US like Apex and Genesis. If so, he'd be the highest ranking Dorf to attend a national.

That said, Vermanubis Vermanubis wanted to know how I'd rank Ganondorfs based their playstyles and skill level.

Gungnir
He's creative, and has his techincal and Ganon fundamentals down topnotch.

Vermanubis
Possibly the most unique Ganon, a very passive-aggressive playstyle. If you get a wii U and actually start learning your follow ups and techs, then I'd like to see how much better you do.

Pon
Good techincal skill and very good combo follow ups. Makes for his lack of aggression with accuracy.

Koskinator
Close to Pon's level. Just has to shape up a few stuff. Very good aggression and uses some nice edgeguard tools.

GTBE (perhaps)
Has good accuracy in his attacks and is good at avoiding tough situations. Spacing is good too.

Last edited:

LifeMushroom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LifeMushroom1
Do you have to get on here before submitting replays to the community vid?
EDIT: NVM, I didn't realize it said prioritize.

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I would like to report my results from my tournament from yesterday. I came 17th out of 146 players. I actually beat a PR player called Tibs, 2 - 0 and then I took a game off of another PR player called V, 2 - 1. This tournament is a monthly we have and for the last few tournaments, we're getting over 140 players consistently. Sadly, I have no replays to share but this is my break out tournament.

Here is the bracket: http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/Febcws4

In winners, I lost to V's Villager 2 - 1. Then in losers I lost to Dlyba's Yoshi, 2 - 0. Since I don't have replays to share, I just want to be noticed and hopefully next tourney I can get some replays to share.

Thank you.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Finished 33rd at beast 6, almost upset Miller but i lost 2-1.
Beat Loota in Loser's 1 (Lucario main, #1 in Finland) and then lost to izaw, really happy with how i played.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Should I post here or the tourney thread lol? 3rd out of 50, went Corrin and Dorf today

http://challonge.com/ESEBATMsingles

Also really good stuff Adom, always knew how capable you were since you beat me up in mirrors lol. And that was before I felt like I had a mirrors issue, look what you started man lol. Nah but really that's impressive

Hopefully we get a working stream by this Wednesday assuming I can make it, I wanna get some recent tourney footage uploaded.

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Just a little feedback from grandpa:

jmanup85 jmanup85 - I've taught you much joel. We've learned a lot together. You're like the son I never had. You've gotten much better, but sometimes you play too much like your father (me btw) and I punish you for it. Don't worry son, your mother and I still love you. Also get out of your own head ya ****in jabroni

Vermanubis Vermanubis - Get a wii u verm, 3ds holds you back. However your patience and precision is quite developed, and you cover options very well. You're like my older haggard looking ginger brother. like the kind of brother who stays in his room playing runescape while im having a party. like the kind of brother who complains to mom that my room is bigger. mom loves me more and you're adopted

Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm - Oh raymond. what am i gonna do with you... you're really good ray. you're one of the best. but ray,,, ray ray charles... I know you love wizkicking. I love wizkicking too ray its so good but man ray im tellin ya buddy, you need to dial it back a bit. the only reason I'm not really gonna tear into you is because you have this way of wizkicking when i dont expect it.... but once in awhile I figure out your pattern and just shield it and fsmash you ray...or shield it at the ledge and stomp you ray... but you are smart the way you use them, you know when people normally use it and you specifically never use it at those times and just manage to pepper them in unexpectedly. **** you ray ;) jk ilu

Opana Opana - Nice corrin ya corrin lovin corrin usin jabroni. play more ganon zachary. i want to give you ganon feedback but i cant remember the last time we had a session of dittos, you're using all these other characters lately and its sort of got me feelin down buddy. however i did notice you're toning your aggression back and thinking more before you act, you're a smart man zach and im sure you're quite pleasant irl

@mgleed- mitchell sometimes you play really well and take me for a ride. other times i take you for a ride (winkyface). you have improved alot though, I think you could easily manage b tier. (haha not jman though he suuuuuuckkss)
P.S.- your prowess in smash brothers is only outclassed by your prowess in video making. you are a saint mitchell. I know you wanted to get your name changed to just Gleed but I think you should change it to St. Mitchell.

@Sykkamorre- Oh fergus you filthy ****. where are you? i cant even remember the last time we talked son its been so long. and i know you're scared of edgeguarding papa kosk but im telling you ferg using utilt at the ledge will work 1/100 times maybe, otherwise im gonna just ledgejump fair you. it sort of hurts me on the inside that you would even try such a thing, you must really think your father (me btw) is some sort of buffoon. But i miss you. call your mother and I once in awhile too ya ungreatful ****

@Garioshi- play a new game

adom4 adom4 - get better internet. i literally purchased more expensive internet so we could play. i did that for you Uli. a man ive never even met, I picked up my phone. sat on hold for 20 minutes. added 30$ a month of bills. for some **** named Uli. Its time you repayed the favour. .......gj at beast...cuz ur my cinnamon girl..

A2ZOMG A2ZOMG - We havent played in awhile but its always stressful. either one of us gets destroyed or its last stock each final hit. you're patience is too good. its like armada class patience. your punishes in the ditto are filthy as well. I feel like you arent far from getting good results with ganon unless you're pulling a zachary and switching to top tier. seriously opana i hear you're switching characters atleast once a week. but a2 i cant really tell you what to improve on because i cant exactly beat you consistently so... keep it up david

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Move to east coast already ya ****.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Man that was beautiful lmao and garioshi got btfo

I cycled through a lot of characters but I've been using Corrin about a month, gonna stick with dorf and corrin I promise lol.

Kosk I owe you some mirrors, I just don't like them anymore lol. Whenever we played I went mostly Corrin to get an idea of how they'd do vs a competent dorf.

And you know what got me to turn down my aggression was playing all these campy players lol, they'd punish me for going in too hard. I think not being always aggressive has led to a more effective offense when I do get in, making those moments count.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
So did anyone notice how Kosk was being so nice to Gleed right before community vid came out? St Mitchell? lmao

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Placed 5th/150 in a recent tournament.

The more I think about it, the more I believe my region to be the toughest out of any region other Ganons have, aside from Japan.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Placed 5th/150 in a recent tournament.

The more I think about it, the more I believe my region to be the toughest out of any region other Ganons have, aside from Japan.
Good stuff, Kalm

Though, out of curiosity, who'd you beat?

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm in tristate, baven't been able to make more meaningful tourneys but I'm gonna try with Apex. I mean I have fought prd players in nj and elsewhere having done well though.

I don't agree with that statement Kalm but honestly I do feel you should be #1, and that's not to take from verm who reasonably could be there as well, you just have consistently the best results. I can't necessarily speak for the quality of the ones, but I know V115 is a strong competitor you've taken a game from likely among others.

S tier imo
Ray
Gtb
Verm
Pon

I'd put Gungnir in A tier because afaik he hasn't been active in tourneys really, he's skilled and inventive but I don't believe him to be S at this time. I'd put him at the top of A.

Last edited:
Top Bottom