• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

how most people see the fighter pass:

how I see the fighter pass:
Honestly they could put in whoever they want at this point. I got a dream pick and that is more than enough to satisfy me.
The only characters that could surpass my hype are Takumi from FE Fates and Terra from FF6.
However, I can safely say that Joker is the character that made me excited the most in Smash's history. More than Sonic in Brawl and more than Shulk, Robin, and Cloud in 4. He literally made me jump out of my seat in excitement.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I was in my dorm room alone when he was revealed. We had 24 7 quiet hours for people to study since it was finals week. I wanted to scream and jump around but I just sat there literally trembling. Then I called my fiancee to wake her up and tell her the news and I could barely speak because I couldn't make sound and not yell.

D

Deleted member

While I still wish for Lloyd or Yuri, I'm more than satifisfied I got a dream pick, which is Joker. It was totally unexpected and honestly he is the most hyped for me.
I still remember the night he was revealed like it was yesterday. I almost fell asleep but it was worth waking up to~

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Stories about our reactions to Joker? I'm a little disappointed I never got to see Joker's reveal live - I was busy with some tennis practice that afternoon so I couldn't watch. It wasn't until a bit later that I started signing into the incoming news, My only predictions for the show were that we'd probably see a DLC announcement for Ultimate, Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, Bayonetta 3 footage, and Mortal Kombat XI reveal. Needless to say, only two of them came true. Everything else...

Ironically, I didn't see anything about the announcement of Joker until at least two hours later - One Last Surprise, as you might say. Once I saw the announcement, then came the hype-filled screams of excitement, and I couldn't be happier. Joker was pretty much akin to Cloud as one of my dream wants for Smash Bros, and following the letdown of Isaac not making the cut as playable, Joker well and truly sold me on the Fighters Pass. I don't care who else is joining along in the Fighters Pass (Unless it's freakin' Steve - If he shows up I'm turning him into my eternal punching bag, but that's for another time), Joker managed to make an Ultimate roster even more Ultimate.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Is it mean for me to admit that I don't want any sign of Yu Narukami (or any other Persona series) in Smash even as a Mii costume or an AT? After all this IS P5's time to shine, and I don't really like the thought of the previous entries (especially P4) riding on its coattails in Smash. After all, you don't see FF fans expecting FF1-6, 8 onward content just cause Cloud is in (though it would have been better than the content they DID get...) so why is Joker a different story? Bear in mind that the trailers said "Persona 5" not "Persona/SMT" so any additional Persona-related content that comes with Joker (be it costumes, ATs, tracks, etc.) will probablby just be limited to P5.

Also there's me getting sick of Yu Narukami after seeing P4 plastered everyone for the last half decade...

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm on roughly 5 hours of sleep and I just worked all day, drove home in traffic for an hour, and came home to try to finish Persona 5, but whoof, I was not ready for the amount of cutscenes leading up to the final boss.

Now I actually am just before the final boss though... so tomorrow... morning will be when it all ends.

Is it mean for me to admit that I don't want any sign of Yu Narukami (or any other Persona series) in Smash even as a Mii costume or an AT? After all this IS P5's time to shine, and I don't really like the thought of the previous entries (especially P4) riding on its coattails in Smash. After all, you don't see FF fans expecting FF1-6, 8 onward content just cause Cloud is in (though it would have been better than the content they DID get...) so why is Joker a different story? Bear in mind that the trailers said "Persona 5" not "Persona/SMT" so any additional Persona-related content that comes with Joker (be it costumes, ATs, tracks, etc.) will probablby just be limited to P5.

Also there's me getting sick of Yu Narukami after seeing P4 plastered everyone for the last half decade...
A lot of fans actually do want FF content outside of FF7. There probably won't be Assist Trophy DLC though.

Truthfully, I want a Morgana Mii Swordfighter costume.

D

Deleted member

Well to give a more detailed version of my Joker reveal story...
I didn't watch The Game Awards because I didn't think they were worth my time. I had a feeling a Smash announcement would be made, but I was confident that Tweets would be made about it or that a friend would notify me.
The latter happened and I got a message on Discord that simply said "OMG!" and I thought, "I guess there was an announcement. Was it Bandana Dee?" (note: both my friend and I want him in Smash, so I was thinking it was that)
...Then I saw the Phantom Thieves logo. I was like, "No freaking way. This is not real. This cannot be real!" I was shaking, I was screaming for joy, and I rushed downstairs to tell my girlfriend the news (another massive Persona fan). I was screaming, "JOKER'S IN SMASH! JOKER'S IN SMASH! THIS IS REAL!" She didn't believe me, but then we saw the trailer of the impossible happening.
After that, I retweeted a bunch of Joker fan art and memes and listened to Lifelight on repeat. I still can't believe it happened...
Persona 5, as I've mentioned before, is a game that I hold very dear to me and it's surreal to see Joker fight against legends like Mario, Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Cloud Strife, and more in this one game. There have been characters that I love making into Smash Bros. that got me hyped, like Shulk and Cloud, but they didn't match Joker for me. He was an unexpected character and one of my dream characters... Joker for me is Smash's Last Surprise.
This truly became the ultimate fight for me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I went through this explaining this before, but here we go.

I went through the VGAs expecting a Smash reveal, and an announcement for a CTR remake. Needless to say, I had both wishes come true (my heart actually skipped a beat when the Crash costume guy turned up). There's also been some pleasant surprises (like the Stanley Parable port and Dead Cells actually winning action game of the year), but outside of those the event for the most part didn't make much sense and felt like a fever dream (no, seriously, why was Pepe at the VGAs?). Eventually it started to drag for me and I really needed to go to bed. But just as it was on the way to wrapping up, the power went out. When I saw "Not actual gameplay footage", I knew from experience that it was happening. Joker in Smash! I was trembling with excitement, and I would have shouted, but I didn't want to wake up the folks. Ironically, I had trouble sleeping after that.

That to me was the most exciting reveal this cycle after :ultkrool:.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Besides Persona 5, some of my favorite games of all time include Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime, and Mega Man X.

Splatoon, while barely in my top 20, is also a game I have very high regards for in terms of its artstyle and aesthetics.

Even after the initial wave of hype right after the announcement, the fact that Joker is in the same video game as Shulk, Samus, Mega Man, Zero (AT but I'll make do), and Inkling is still something I have trouble processing.

The only way this would be even more surreal for me is if Crash Bandicoot, my very first video game when I was three years old, also got in somehow...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Joker Reveal reaction stories? Ooh...I remember mine.

*Power goes out in theater*
Host is way too calm; this is planned. Cool though
Screen goes red, followed by Phantom Thieves Logo
"Oh, ok. Probably a Switch port. That's nice"
Morgana say's 'we were invited' followed by envelope
"No...no way....why would he be?"
*Joker revealed for Smash*
(Total silence as I calmly turn on my switch, go to the store, and buy the Fighter's Pass)
"Alright, I wasn't sure if I'd get it, but that 1 reveal is enough for me to have full faith in the entire pass. Time to sleep"
*Rivers in the Desert play in my mind to different Smash Bros fights as I sleep*

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Well to give a more detailed version of my Joker reveal story...
I didn't watch The Game Awards because I didn't think they were worth my time. I had a feeling a Smash announcement would be made, but I was confident that Tweets would be made about it or that a friend would notify me.
The latter happened and I got a message on Discord that simply said "OMG!" and I thought, "I guess there was an announcement. Was it Bandana Dee?" (note: both my friend and I want him in Smash, so I was thinking it was that)
...Then I saw the Phantom Thieves logo. I was like, "No freaking way. This is not real. This cannot be real!" I was shaking, I was screaming for joy, and I rushed downstairs to tell my girlfriend the news (another massive Persona fan). I was screaming, "JOKER'S IN SMASH! JOKER'S IN SMASH! THIS IS REAL!" She didn't believe me, but then we saw the trailer of the impossible happening.
After that, I retweeted a bunch of Joker fan art and memes and listened to Lifelight on repeat. I still can't believe it happened...
Persona 5, as I've mentioned before, is a game that I hold very dear to me and it's surreal to see Joker fight against legends like Mario, Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Cloud Strife, and more in this one game. There have been characters that I love making into Smash Bros. that got me hyped, like Shulk and Cloud, but they didn't match Joker for me. He was an unexpected character and one of my dream characters... Joker for me is Smash's Last Surprise.
This truly became the ultimate fight for me.
Any links to those Joker in Smash fanart? Kind off hard to find some on Twitter since I imagine most of them are in Japanese.

D

Deleted member

Think my favorite memes so far for Joker are the ones involving stealing the hearts of Yoshi due to Tax Fraud (or others).

amageish

Smash Master

With regards to the trailer, there is no singular Persona series logo that they could have used for that ending card. Like, ATLUS has never made an official logo for the Persona series as a whole - the one you see on places like the Smash wiki is actually just for the English localization of the Persona 1 PSP remake, which would have looked very weird on the trailer. So, I don't think that trailer only namedropping Persona 5 means we'll only get Persona 5 spirits or Mii costumes, especially given how ATLUS put P3/P4 characters into games like Puzzles and Dragons and BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! even though Persona 5 is the top dog of the franchise right now. Plus, Smash 4's DLC had Mii Fighter costumes not directly tied to the playable casts' games of origin.

That said, hope for whatever you want. I'm not expecting DLC assist trophies either though.

Even after the initial wave of hype right after the announcement, the fact that Joker is in the same video game as Shulk, Samus, Mega Man, Zero (AT but I'll make do), and Inkling is still something I have trouble processing.
... When you put it like that, it is definitely still hard to process for me too haha.

StormC

Smash Hero
In the words of Morgana... "za endou da."

I was doing good until you get to 3/19 and you have to say your goodbyes and this plays...

I wasn't ready for that. Damn. I'm not a big crier, but this game really wrings it out of you.

I spent 100 hours on this game (99:15 according to my file), and I still wanted more. I just walked around Tokyo as much as I could, even after saying goodbye to all my Confidants, soaking it in for one last time.

I haven't felt like this after beating a game in a long time. Seeing Joker in Smash is going to feel like seeing an old friend again.

Also, the scene where multiple girls confront you is hilarious and totally worth doing.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I posted this in the other thread, but I can share it here too!

My first play through of P5 was back in August/September, and it left such an incredible impact on me. Joker immediately shot up as my most wanted character in Smash Bros. even though a part of me felt like it was impossible; I even had him as my pick for a DLC character for a 30 days countdown post on Twitter!

I was waiting for my brother to come back from work, so he could pick me up and head on over to Gamestop right after to get the game. In the meantime, I was watching The Game Awards to kill time. There was still about 30 minutes left until the launch of Ultimate in the Americas, so I was getting pretty anxious; it definitely began to peak when the theatre suddenly went dark for the hacking transmission. As soon as the Phantom Thieves logo popped up with the E10+ rating, I was really starting to freak out!! I thought of the possibility of a Switch port of P5, but as the trailer progressed on, I was becoming convinced that it was definitely Smash related, especially when it got to the part of 'being invited'. I was basically screaming like "No effing way this is Smash" and "Sakurai, you mad man, please don't mess with my heart!!" and as soon as the letter with the Smash logo revealed itself, I absolutely lost it lol. I'm sooo glad my family was out on Christmas parties because I was screeching/crying so loud, they would've rushed over to see if there was anything wrong lmao. Once my bro (who also loves P5) got back, I told him about the news, and he looked at me incredulously like 'No effing way.' Funnily enough, I was wearing a Phantom Thieves shirt before the reveal, and the manager took note of that and asked me if I wanted the Fighter's Pass, which I replied with a "YES PLEASE!!"

I don't think there hasn't been a reveal that had me as hyped as Joker's did. Cloud definitely had shock value, but admittedly I'm not as invested into his character as others have.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman

That's absolutely fine and I can understand the thought behind it.

To me P4 was my very first Persona game which introduced me to the series. Combine that with the Animation -> Yu became my favorite protagonist of the franchise (Actually fav character of the series lol). So it would be cool to have something connected to him in the game.

But I wouldn't be mad if there is no sign of him at all, since I still can't believe we get a freaking Persona character in smash AND ALSO PERSONA MUSIC!!! <3

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've personally never played more than a few minutes of a Persona game, but I have several friends who are really big into the series; one of which happened to give me a ride to our local Gamestop to pick up our preorders late night on December 6th. We hung out, and it started to get busy as the time grew near. About fifteen minutes before the launch, on the other side of the store, somebody's watching the Game Awards, and all of a sudden we just hear "JOKER'S IN SMASH!" and my buddy freaks the hell out. I don't know whether or not to believe it, so I look up the trailer online and - to my surprise - there it is. My buddy and I watch the trailer, and hot damn, we got hype. The trailer was just so perfectly executed, tied in the Game Awards so well, and beautifully animated that I couldn't help but feel the hype. And look at me now - Joker's by far the most surprising newcomer since Cloud and I can say without a doubt he's one of my Top 5 most hyped Smash characters, and I can't wait to give Persona 5 a try.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In the words of Morgana... "za endou da."

I was doing good until you get to 3/19 and you have to say your goodbyes and this plays...

I wasn't ready for that. Damn. I'm not a big crier, but this game really wrings it out of you.

I spent 100 hours on this game (99:15 according to my file), and I still wanted more. I just walked around Tokyo as much as I could, even after saying goodbye to all my Confidants, soaking it in for one last time.

I haven't felt like this after beating a game in a long time. Seeing Joker in Smash is going to feel like seeing an old friend again.

Also, the scene where multiple girls confront you is hilarious and totally worth doing.
Out of curiosity, what did you think of Akechi? You only ever mentioned him once from what I can recall, and that was during Palace 6. Opinions on him tend to be... Diverse, to say the least.

Edit:

Let's keep this in memory in case we get Persona 5 spirits.
Edit:
Inkling and Futaba art is some of the most heartwarming Smash X Persona art you can find.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Any links to those Joker in Smash fanart? Kind off hard to find some on Twitter since I imagine most of them are in Japanese.
Of course!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

StormC

Smash Hero
EarlTamm EarlTamm

I think Akechi is an interesting antagonist in that he's a complete fraud as a detective, since he was using the Metaverse to boost his career. The only time I felt sympathy for him was when he revealed that he was Shido's son. It was easy to see him as a product of Shido's evil. That said, he was definitely irredeemable (even the Phantom Thieves say they can't really forgive him) and I don't look forward to him being revealed to be alive in P5R.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
EarlTamm EarlTamm

I think Akechi is an interesting antagonist in that he's a complete fraud as a detective, since he was using the Metaverse to boost his career. The only time I felt sympathy for him was when he revealed that he was Shido's son. It was easy to see him as a product of Shido's evil. That said, he was definitely irredeemable (even the Phantom Thieves say they can't really forgive him) and I don't look forward to him being revealed to be alive in P5R.
Let's not forget that Yaldabaoth also had a hand in crafting Akechi into the villain we saw. I will not forgive Akechi for what he did, but I fully understand it and see how he became what we saw. He was a b****** child in a society that will look down on him for it, his mother committed suicide and left him with even more labels along with the trauma, he was moved around in the Japanese foster service(Which is not that good), and all while he knew who his father was and could do nothing to stop him as he rose to such a high position. To then have a god give you such incredible power at the age of 15, it's no wonder Akechi was so messed up.

Also, that reminds me, what did you think of the Yaldabaoth twist?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It makes me way more happy than it should to see Futaba as number one. She was a legitimately meaningful character to me, for the reasons we discussed a while back, so it's cool to see her beating out even Makoto who usually tops the poles.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's not forget that Yaldabaoth also had a hand in crafting Akechi into the villain we saw. I will not forgive Akechi for what he did, but I fully understand it and see how he became what we saw. He was a b****** child in a society that will look down on him for it, his mother committed suicide and left him with even more labels along with the trauma, he was moved around in the Japanese foster service(Which is not that good), and all while he knew who his father was and could do nothing to stop him as he rose to such a high position. To then have a god give you such incredible power at the age of 15, it's no wonder Akechi was so messed up.

Also, that reminds me, what did you think of the Yaldabaoth twist?
I thought the twist was great. I did find Igor's demeanor somewhat... off throughout the game. Having the real Igor appear was extremely satisfying, and I was sad that he had to leave, despite only appearing briefly at the end to help me. I have a friend who had 5 as his first Persona and I definitely think a lot is lost if you aren't previously familiar with Igor.

That said, Yaldaboath himself was kind of a generic JRPG god final boss. His battle wasn't particularly challenging either. Cool design though.

Anyone got a cure for post-Persona 5 blues? I haven't felt like this after finishing a piece of media in years. It's enough to make me almost want to start a New Game+ right here and now.

I can't wait to see Joker again in Smash.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I thought the twist was great. I did find Igor's demeanor somewhat... off throughout the game. Having the real Igor appear was extremely satisfying, and I was sad that he had to leave, despite only appearing briefly at the end to help me. I have a friend who had 5 as his first Persona and I definitely think a lot is lost if you aren't previously familiar with Igor.

That said, Yaldaboath himself was kind of a generic JRPG god final boss. His battle wasn't particularly challenging either. Cool design though.

Anyone got a cure for post-Persona 5 blues? I haven't felt like this after finishing a piece of media in years. It's enough to make me almost want to start a New Game+ right here and now.

I'd say just go ahead and start that new game+. That's what I did. There's more point to new game + in persona than most games. You can max all confidants, there's a secret boss fight with
the twins
you can fight the reaper if you haven't, you can get
Satanael as a regular persona (why is this always considered a spoiler?)
I thought it was totally worth it. It's a completely different experience. You don't have to worry much about dungeons or social stats so you can focus on confidants nearly every day. And it should still take you the whole game to do them all.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say just go ahead and start that new game+. That's what I did. There's more point to new game + in persona than most games. You can max all confidants, there's a secret boss fight with
the twins
you can fight the reaper if you haven't, you can get
Satanael as a regular persona (why is this always considered a spoiler?)
I thought it was totally worth it. It's a completely different experience. You don't have to worry much about dungeons or social stats so you can focus on confidants nearly every day. And it should still take you the whole game to do them all.
I honestly probably would do an NG+ if it wasn't for my attempt to work on my massive backlog. Though maybe I could start it and do it slowly at a more casual pace. I'll have to give it some thought. I managed to max all my social stats so that will be fun. I'll definitely have to play on Hard though, Normal was very easy for me, I can count the times on my hands that I died the whole playthrough.

My brother came over and wanted to see what the big deal was and I showed up the prologue and he was instantly won over. It made me just want to keep playing the whole game again, lol.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I honestly probably would do an NG+ if it wasn't for my attempt to work on my massive backlog. Though maybe I could start it and do it slowly at a more casual pace. I'll have to give it some thought. I managed to max all my social stats so that will be fun. I'll definitely have to play on Hard though, Normal was very easy for me, I can count the times on my hands that I died the whole playthrough.

My brother came over and wanted to see what the big deal was and I showed up the prologue and he was instantly won over. It made me just want to keep playing the whole game again, lol.
Screw the backlog. The Persona 5 high doesn't last forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm always itching to play it, but not like I was when I first finished it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

What made the twist even more interesting is the meta behind it. Igor's Japanese voice actor had died some time before Persona 5, and no one was sure how they would handle it. So when the fake Igor came in with such a drastically different voice, people were none the wiser and chalked it up to Atlus trying to take things in a different direction. Interesting thing of note, all of Japanese real Igor's voice clips are reused from the old voice actors previous performances as the character. It's why he does not talk that much in the finale compared to Lavenza.

StormC

Smash Hero
Screw the backlog. The Persona 5 high doesn't last forever. Don't get me wrong, I'm always itching to play it, but not like I was when I first finished it.
sigran.png

After editing this image I realized it might seem weird out of context but I'm sticking to my art.

In lines with what I said earlier, even nowadays with games that I absolutely love, it's rare that I finish it and go "wow, I want to play it all over again right now!" Let alone a game as long as Persona 5. My new year's resolution was to work on my backlog though, so I'm conflicted. Maybe I will just replay it gradually since there isn't the urgency from before.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love that art like this is still being made, and I have to agree with the tweet on this one, this is probably the best version of the Smash harem confrontation I have seen.

Anyway, I am curious, how do you think a Phantom Thieves codec would go? I know it's extraordinarily unlikely, but it's fun to talk about and the ideas people come up with for certain character are great.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You know, at this point, I'm curious what all their social links were like.

Helped WFT establish her identity and open up.
Helped Zelda embrace her passions outside her obligations.
Helped Peach be more involved in her own life instead of letting it pass her by
Helped ZSS realize she's projecting her need for vengeance onto her work
Helped Palutena realize she manipulates people due to her fear of what she can't control.
Helped Daisy with her deep seated self-esteem issues that mask themselves as being loud and in your face,
Helped Robin with her family issues of her twin brother and **** of a father
Helped Lucina relax and that not everything is a world ending crisis
Helped Corn with her indecisiveness bringing misfortune to her family

And finally helped Bayonetta apply the bandages to his midsection.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I love that art like this is still being made, and I have to agree with the tweet on this one, this is probably the best version of the Smash harem confrontation I have seen.

Anyway, I am curious, how do you think a Phantom Thieves codec would go? I know it's extraordinarily unlikely, but it's fun to talk about and the ideas people come up with for certain character are great.
How dare he hurt Lucina, especially with that gift. You can't do that to best daughter!!

There's so much here that kills me. ZSS and WFT's murderous intent, Simon just being there, Palutena's gift (heh), Peach's portait reminiscent of Ann's, and Pikachu reprising Morgana's role and bailing outta there, knowing Joker's fate.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How dare he hurt Lucina, especially with that gift. You can't do that to best daughter!!

There's so much here that kills me. ZSS and WFT's murderous intent, Simon just being there, Palutena's gift (heh), Peach's portait reminiscent of Ann's, and Pikachu reprising Morgana's role and bailing outta there, knowing Joker's fate.
I almost feel that if we had a best girl sequel in this thread that was Smash fighters, Lucina would probably get in the lead very quickly.

I did not even notice Palutena's gift! If that says what I think it says, that is kinda dirty for her. Then again, some of those Valentine Day events were pretty explicit in what the nights plans were(Seriously, Ann's date shocked me). The fact that Palutena's expression is the only one that is just plain disappointment makes it even better. It's like she expected that this would happen, being the meta goddess she is, she just hoped Joker was better than that.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Changing the subject here: Is it weird to admit that it's going to be pretty amusing seeing Joker getting into the Smash-based slapstick such as when he "dies"? Considering how serious and heartbreaking hos home game always make it when he dies (whether in gameplay since it's instant game over while the Mission Control cries for him or even in the story); it's going to such a shift in mood seeing him be Star KO'd, Screen KO'd, be at the receiving ends of many attacks/Final Smashes, etc. etc all in a light-hearted manner.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL3PIOFP5iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdXGEzjx1A

I know what I am doing when he comes out: Knocking him off the stages with various ways just to hear Xander's voice acting in those situations (as I expect them to be funny), but also to further enforce the thought that "Omg, Joker is actually in Smash. He gets to kick ass/get his ass kicked by all these Nintendo/Guest Characters! Eek!" XD

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I am surprised no one has linked these, if I recall correctly. This artist has been doing Persona style cut in's for Smash characters and they are really good.

Lucina's is probably my favorite, as you get a good look at her Brand.
Wouldn't it be cool if in the Persona stage, the Final Smash cut ins become more Persona styled like these?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Changing the subject here: Is it weird to admit that it's going to be pretty amusing seeing Joker getting into the Smash-based slapstick such as when he "dies"? Considering how serious and heartbreaking hos home game always make it when he dies (whether in gameplay since it's instant game over while the Mission Control cries for him or even in the story); it's going to such a shift in mood seeing him be Star KO'd, Screen KO'd, be at the receiving ends of many attacks/Final Smashes, etc. etc all in a light-hearted manner.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL3PIOFP5iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdXGEzjx1A

I know what I am doing when he comes out: Knocking him off the stages with various ways just to hear Xander's voice acting in those situations (as I expect them to be funny), but also to further enforce the thought that "Omg, Joker is actually in Smash. He gets to kick ***/get his *** kicked by all these Nintendo/Guest Characters! Eek!" XD
You can have Snake's companions cry out for him when he dies during a codec in Smash. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous when he comes back a second later and they're still going ''Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!''.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
You can have Snake's companions cry out for him when he dies during a codec in Smash. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous when he comes back a second later and they're still going ''Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!''.
If they have something like this for Joker at the Persona stage, I don't know if I can handle seeing Futaba, Morgana and the others react so seriously. Though like with Snake I will probably just end up laughing.

amageish

Smash Master
IAnyway, I am curious, how do you think a Phantom Thieves codec would go? I know it's extraordinarily unlikely, but it's fun to talk about and the ideas people come up with for certain character are great.
I imagine, in general, they'd be concerned about the plights of heroes and the wicked ways of the villains; however, I could also see it being Futaba fangirling over all of the characters and going full-on loremaster with the obscure side-characters (maybe even commenting on Smash's roster selection if we want to go really meta). Really depends on if they wanted to embrace the more serious side or the more social side of Persona.

You know, I am surprised no one has linked these, if I recall correctly. This artist has been doing Persona style cut in's for Smash characters and they are really good.

Wouldn't it be cool if in the Persona stage, the Final Smash cut ins become more Persona styled like these?
THOSE ARE SO COOL! Thank you for sharing them!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I imagine, in general, they'd be concerned about the plights of heroes and the wicked ways of the villains; however, I could also see it being Futaba fangirling over all of the characters and going full-on loremaster with the obscure side-characters (maybe even commenting on Smash's roster selection if we want to go really meta). Really depends on if they wanted to embrace the more serious side or the more social side of Persona.
I think they would acknowledge both sides, it would just be more dependent on the character in question. What would make this codec interesting is that unlike Snake and Pit, Joker would likely not talk at all, due to his nature as a silent protag.
You know, why do I get the feeling that Makoto would get very frustrated at Pit?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I think they would acknowledge both sides, it would just be more dependent on the character in question. What would make this codec interesting is that unlike Snake and Pit, Joker would likely not talk at all, due to his nature as a silent protag.
You know, why do I get the feeling that Makoto would get very frustrated at Pit?
That makes sense, yeah. Fanboy over the heroes, but lay out a plan to steal the heart of King K Rool for his vicious banana-stealing. Or maybe argue about some things - discuss how Ridley is objectively evil, but Futaba is just too excited that he's in Smash Brothers to care.

Frustrated in what way? I imagine they'd assume Pitoo is his shadow, but I could see Makoto (or any other academically-inclined character) being confused by the weird mythology of Kid Icarus...

Top Bottom