• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hey Mango

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
here add more to your game, you can do the light sheild trick vs marth with jigglypuff, by rolling to the edge, before your roll ends hold right or left (whichever is the direction away from the stage) on the control stick, and also be holding Z to light shield angled off the edge

when marth hits your shield you auto-edge hog his up B, and if and when he lands onto the stage you can rest him

if you feel like being a douchebag like i do, you can also dash attack to the edge, light shield off, then rest me right after the up B hits your shield. This one isn't really useful though it's just funny. Actually it is useful, if a Fox/Falco don't sweet spot well, perhaps you can do this and then rest them? I never actually tried it, but I just thought of it right now.

anyway mango, watch out, the m2k monster is hiding under your bed

but before i came out you went to sleep

and i died :(

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
M2k's location made me want to eat cereal =O.

The lightshield while facing forward -> instant move is pretty cool, but I'm a marth main and I haven't really thought of any move to do right after. Does up+b work?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
nah i havent really played alone for like a year usually at tourney

you can light shield to fair most likely, and hit marth, this is very funny to dol with sheik vs marths

you can also lightshield to shinespike

light shield to up B i never tried

melee has so much expansion that it could have it if was going to exist for more years, too bad brawls coming out =(

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Lol even Mike Haze does the forward lightshield trick to shine.

If Marth does it right, he should be able to grab the ledge before Jiggly can, can't he? If it doesn't work in Marth vs Marth, how would Jiggly grab the stage faster than him?

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
shorter height, someone wrote here somewhere that light shield trick is dependent on how well the sweetspot is, how tall your character is, how fast your character falls and some other garbage.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

If Marth does it right, he should be able to grab the ledge before Jiggly can, can't he? If it doesn't work in Marth vs Marth, how would Jiggly grab the stage faster than him?
If the marth has a perfect sweetspot, Jiggs won't fall.

I've tested with Knivez, after a while he was able to up-b to the ledge while I was lightshielding and not hit me.

Cort

Apple Head
If the marth has a perfect sweetspot, Jiggs won't fall.

I've tested with Knivez, after a while he was able to up-b to the ledge while I was lightshielding and not hit me.
You're not angling your light shield enough.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i dont need such fancy things

I just rest people and forward air them and bair them and nair them and uair them

With amazing spacing

i even space my rest ^_____^

Machomannen

Smash Cadet
Mango: I got two questions.

Hounestly, who is the best Puff-player of you and King?

And, I'm a Puff-player myself. Got any hints?

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
I want to say Mang0 is the better Puff, but I'm just a fanboy >.>

I'm not Mang0, but I can give some Puff hints :

1) Learn when it's a good idea to use pound, because, if you miss, you're gonna take a whipping.

2) Mindgames son - As Puff, mindgames are aplenty, Jiggs moves through the air so easily - Why take a Marth F-smash when you can get him to miss you with it and get a free...

3) ....REST!

4) Even more importantly, SPACING

5) And most importantly, REST COMBOS (see Mang0 rest combo for best description of this)

Care to add Mang0?

Brookman

Smash Hero
when you do the light shield edge hog would it be practical to put him to sleep/sing cancel, or is there enough lag otherwise to take care of marth?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

most of the time the marth will go above you so they won't get hit, so in that situation, just push twds the stage, so when you get hit with the upb, you won't fall, and when they land above you you can punish with usmash out of shield and whatnot.

Top Bottom