• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 3! Greensboro, NC! Date: March 27-28 2010! BIG UPDATES READ EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
If I happen to show up...

Can I play friendlies with peoplez and hangz out? :D

What about doubles entries? Since some people DO want to do doubles but don't have a partner. Do they have to pre-reg? I mean that's a loss of money if they do and don't find a partner their content with.

Are they able to pay at the door?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Edit: Also any NC smasher who thinks that just because we are NC and bros, that you can just show up the day of the tournament and I'm going to add you in, is sadly mistaken. Pools will be ready to go and you are just causing a problem and delaying my tournament. Sorry to sound like an a$$hole but that is not my intention.
I'm going to Pre-Reg sooner or later, but I don't think that's the wisest decision. Alot of people have problems with pre-regs and they need to pay at the door, I think you should reconsider letting them in at the door. Also, I don't think alot of B+ people are comming due to B+ being on Friday. It's best leaving it as a side tourney type of thing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL go get a visa gift card and pay it. You guys still have a little less than a month.

This is not hard.

Vilt, apparently Brawl+ players have said that there is no registration for B+ option on the site.

Vilt

Smash Lord
It's way too time consuming! Hundreds of people pre-reg for plenty of other tournies and no one complained then. It took forever just getting everything ready the day of and we ended up being like 2-3 hours off scheudule. The HUGE sponsered tournament in Raleigh is going to be pre-reg and you're going to tell me to my face that you missed out on a huge experience cause you couldn't go to walmart and get a visa giftcard? Pound 4 had pre-reg and you are really going to tell me that "I had the money but I just couldn't pay online?" Seriously people, this is ****ing America! There is so many ways to do something so simple.

Not only will you be glad that it ran on time just because you want to see a good tournament go down extremely well, OoS get to experience Grand Finals and not have to hear about it just because Grand Finals ended up being at 2AM so they had to leave, so that Grand Finals doesn't have to be SPLIT just because the smashers are tired at 2AM AND that leaves plenty of time AFTER for awesome friendlies with OoS Smashers that you may not get to play cause the **** tournament was behind schedule.

I'm asking a simple thing from you. To pay Online so every smasher can get the BEST experience in the world and so NC can represent not only with players but with tournament execution.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm just tryna dew dubz.... so....

LOL

How long is the pre-reg open for? I might be able to actually pre-reg between the 19th and the 24th.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It's way too time consuming! Hundreds of people pre-reg for plenty of other tournies and no one complained then. It took forever just getting everything ready the day of and we ended up being like 2-3 hours off scheudule. The HUGE sponsered tournament in Raleigh is going to be pre-reg and you're going to tell me to my face that you missed out on a huge experience cause you couldn't go to walmart and get a visa giftcard? Pound 4 had pre-reg and you are really going to tell me that "I had the money but I just couldn't pay online?" Seriously people, this is ****ing America! There is so many ways to do something so simple.

Not only will you be glad that it ran on time just because you want to see a good tournament go down extremely well, OoS get to experience Grand Finals and not have to hear about it just because Grand Finals ended up being at 2AM so they had to leave, so that Grand Finals doesn't have to be SPLIT just because the smashers are tired at 2AM AND that leaves plenty of time AFTER for awesome friendlies with OoS Smashers that you may not get to play cause the **** tournament was behind schedule.

I'm asking a simple thing from you. To pay Online so every smasher can get the BEST experience in the world and so NC can represent not only with players but with tournament execution.
I feel you. Do whatcha gotta do. I know I can pre-reg atleast X.x;

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Vilt you're looking at this the wrong way imo.

You said there were plenty of people pre-reg'd and that this will definitely go down.

How ****ing long does it take to make up pools? can't you set a deadline (like say, an hour before the matches begin) for signups at the tournament?

Vilt

Smash Lord
Pre-reg ends the 20th

Edit:

@Ace: That would make sense if I didn't have to wait for some great smasher cause he's late then wait on them cause If I don't, I'll piss off OoS cause I didn't let that smasher play. And there are so many problems you can run into with pools and having them done early ensures them to be close to perfect.

@Stingers: I am. So you better be there.

If I have to drive to Greensboro, Wilmington, Raleigh, wherever just to get your money. I will **** it cause I want this tourney to run mad smooth.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Vilt you're looking at this the wrong way imo.

You said there were plenty of people pre-reg'd and that this will definitely go down.

How ****ing long does it take to make up pools? can't you set a deadline (like say, an hour before the matches begin) for signups at the tournament?
Pools are insanely hard to set up. I've tried to seed small brackets before and know this, so separating 5-8X as many people into pools from different regions is extremely difficult.

Why is it so hard to go pre-reg? You have several ways to do it, and even if you don't agree with it, it's Vilt's final decision.

lord karn

Smash Master
As for B+, I don't necessarily think that prereging is necessary. Because skill is relatively unknown right now in that game, the seeding isn't as important or knowable as it is in the other games. Another concern, if B+ is on Friday, it should probably start somewhat later. I mean, I only have one class that I can probably skip, but others might have school.

I understand why prereging is nice, but the attendance will probably be higher if it is otherwise. Either way, it doesn't matter too much to me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
A few people can't go<2-3 hours of time saved.

Also, if B+ gets a good turnout, then pre-reg'ing will beat having to put everyone in brackets(even without seeding) and standing around to give Vilt money.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Thank you PP.

Now I just want someone to explain to me why everyone wanted me to say "It's done." at SOS. o.O

I am so confused. Is there some joke behind the phase "It's done." and Me saying it?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Vilt, will you be at any other tournaments before the prereg deadline? I'm really sorry that I didn't prereg at SOS, I should have been more prepared.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hey vilt the update looks good man but u forgot to mention the pros coming for......, not trying to nag u bro but, could u possibly include....... *sigh* nvm

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Why is it so hard to go pre-reg? You have several ways to do it, and even if you don't agree with it, it's Vilt's final decision.
Well if you must know, visa gift cards are NOT sold on this tiny *** island i live on, and I'd have to drive 1.5 hours to put money in my checking account (since the bank is so far away I just cash checks and live off that nowadays - I set up a checking account with wachovia when i was at UNC and there is only 1 RBC down here). And basically, I don't want to drive an hour and a half to get a visa gift card or put money on my account JUST FOR HERB 3. Honestly I can't afford 3 hours of driving for such a dumb reason. Almost all of my next paycheck is going directly to UNC, if I wasn't getting paid yet again 2 days before HERB I probably would have no chance of making it. That's why it is "so hard" to pre-reg.

True, it is Vilt's final decision. I can also not go to HERB and save a lot of money. I don't think it's selfish for me to say that a lot of people would like me to be there. I'd love to go but now I don't know if it's possible.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
yo ace, i will pre reg for you if you pay me back at the event...

just let me know when you are confirmed and i will handle the paperwork...

sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom