• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Pleeze ( Really Help Don't Just Look At This I mean It Pleeze)

B__

Smash Rookie
Ok I probably should have posted this in the Q&A, but I really need
helping shuffling with marth it's like his blade prevents me from l-canceling or something :laugh: Pleeze help ( also I can't use the c-stick)

I need help shuffling with marth :mad:
Approachs you know spaced f-air how do you it without the c-stick as well
as double retreating f-air & u-air and JC Grab with L+A & up on the control stick
I practiced this but no results :,(

Sorry this seems noobish but i really need the help

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's completely timing. It seems to me like you're pressing all the shffl buttons with the same timing you may do for fox and falco. With marth you have to short hop and do your Ariel, but you have to wait until it is either fully extended or about to extend fully before you fast fall and l cancel it. If you just jump, do fair and then press down l cancel in a swift motion, you will be attempting an l cancel way to early before you even hit the ground and nothing happens.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea, When I was first starting out I usually pressed all the buttons to fast, so just slow things down and try different timing for l-cancel when marth hits the ground.

Wingu

Smash Rookie
I found marth to be the easiest character to start shffling with (or at least of like spacies and other few characters). Idk just try practicing one step at a time, eventually doing short hop attack fast fall without l cancel and then it should be easy to adjust the timing of l if you're doing the others with muscle memory. But learning to shffl really screwed up my l cancel timing for a while cause it caused me to press l immediately after an aerial even if I'm not about to land. Just don't get into that habit I guess.

Also for jc grabs, I found y+z (or x if that suits you better) to be the most effective after trying other options like up+z but that's just me... Anyways keep practicing, even if you don't see results right away.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
*sigh* He has a baby hand, that's why he can't use the c-stick dammit!!! He was seriously saying he simply cannot use the c-stick.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Wait, are you purposely trying to learn stuff in the hardest way possible?

JC grab with Stick Jump+L+A?

Double fair with D-stick?

Retreating aerial without C-stick?

Lol, do you hate yourself? Go buy a new controller if it's broken, it will save you a lot of tears.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I used to play Marth without the C-stick before I saw the light. To L-cancel like that, you have to jump, do your aerial, then either let the joystick return to its neutral position and fast fall L-cancel, of you can roll it into the down position and L-cancel. Just remember that his L-cancel timing is a little weird compared to other characters. Chain-Ace did a good job of explaining it.

As for a double retreating Fair, it's just not gonna happen. I actually just went and tried this because I have nothing better to do at 2:40 in the morning. The succession of the Fairs is very precise, so trying to input a back command between two precisely timed Fairs would not only be difficult, it would have very little "retreating" effect. You could try to short hop backwards and then do it, but not only could you do a Bair instead, any backwards movement gained from the backwards short hop would be negated by the forward input of the Fairs. The best I could get in .25x speed in training mode was a SHDF out of a dash that only moved forward a little, and a backwards SHDF out of a dash that moved back off the short hop, but moved forward to the same position during the Fairs. That's the absolute best you're going to get, and at regular speed would be unnoticeable.

Contrarily, a non-retreating SHDF is very easy without the C-stick, but don't be under the impression that its the most important thing. Read this for more info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265312

Short hop Uair isn't too hard, just make sure to not tilt your joystick all the way up when you do it. Its the same as using a Utilt when on the ground.

*sigh* He has a baby hand, that's why he can't use the c-stick dammit!!! He was seriously saying he simply cannot use the c-stick.
Assuming that means what it sounds like, I still don't think a JC grab would be too hard to do with Y+Z. I was kinda thinking you could play claw, but I really have no idea.

B__

Smash Rookie
I can't use the c-stick my right hand is baby shape form( I very little muscle in my fingers making it diffcult for me to use the C-stick, z, or R

B__

Smash Rookie
Yes you can.
Wait, are you purposely trying to learn stuff in the hardest way possible?

JC grab with Stick Jump+L+A?

Double fair with D-stick?

Retreating aerial without C-stick?

Lol, do you hate yourself? Go buy a new controller if it's broken, it will save you a lot of tears.
Read the comment above

Top Bottom