• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So i'm playing the full game, and let me just say, Shulk is FANTASTIC. I'm serious, he takes some getting used to, but I love him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm currently glad the fans of Golden Sun aren't holding grudges against Xenoblade. Then again, I did go out of my way to tell them ahead of time not to play the scapegoat card.
Don't worry about that! We Golden Sun fans are pretty nice regarding this stuff! Although Isaac does not look to be in the roster yet, I still think that there will be something new coming up when the Wii U version comes closer. After all, Nintendo needs something to hype up the game when current hype has subsided a lot! Plus they will do something about the Big 4, definitely.

And I am glad Shulk made it in! We need Nintendo to focus on its JRPGs, especially one that is upcoming. It was one of the genres that Nintendo did not have much in-house games for. I would love to play Nintendo produced JRPGs with their high quality especially since many developers are staying away from Wii U and some series like Final Fantasy have just declined dramatically! Plus I started Xenoblade Chronicles and it looks like to be a great game so far!

Xenoblade Chronicles X is on my top purchase list right now, whenever it comes out!

In the end, I am still sticking to my dream of seeing Isaac and Shulk, fellow blonde JRPG heroes to meet on the battlefield of Smash 4 on the Wii U! It will be a battle to remember! Or they could just tag team, and annihilate all opposition :p Now that would be truly amazing!

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Has there been any footage or screenshots of Shulk's custom moves?

Heavy C4

Smash Cadet
Has there been any footage or screenshots of Shulk's custom moves?
None actually I think.

His Up B/Side B and Down B moves can be alter but the most imporatant part would be his Neutral B moves or his monado arts.

And Seriously, I hope Custom moves can be easily edit at the character selection scene. Seriously Sakurai, don't **** it up.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Dear Meyenth, I'm STILL seeing people call Shulk a third party. And this isn't just random people either. I've seen people from ACTUAL GAMING NEWS SITES call him third party. These people are supposed to be journalists. Would it kill them to do some research. :hulk:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Dear Meyenth, I'm STILL seeing people call Shulk a third party. And this isn't just random people either. I've seen people from ACTUAL GAMING NEWS SITES call him third party. These people are supposed to be journalists. Would it kill them to do some research. :hulk:
Ugh... Where's this at, might I ask?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Ugh... Where's this at, might I ask?
It's a moveset breakdown video from the site GamesRadar. Really, the thing that probably rustles my jimmies most is that I used to use their site as one of my main sources for video game news a few years back, before I realized just how crap tier the community there was. They don't exactly have one of the largest followings on the web, but it still burns me up that I used to listen to these guys.

D

Deleted member

It's annoying playing the demo for Smash and seeing Shulk's face, but not being able to use him. Such a tease.
I agree. It's a shame that I can't play as Shulk, Luigi, Pit, and Robin. >_>
To make this more positive, let's look at Shulk's slot as a sign that an amazing thing is about to come soon. 3 more weeks!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I agree. It's a shame that I can't play as Shulk, Luigi, Pit, and Robin. >_>
To make this more positive, let's look at Shulk's slot as a sign that an amazing thing is about to come soon. 3 more weeks!
Yeah, this is just the small appetizer to the main course.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
English Shulk taunts 6 minutes in. He's really feeling it as usual.

Last edited:

calcal

Smash Rookie
I know this is very late, but, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. IT FINALLY HAPPENED. Ever since I played Xenoblade for the first time last summer, Shulk has been my number one most wanted character for Smash. Playing the game reveals what an excellent addition to the roster he would be. I was so happy when the clock did strike half past Reyn, and he made it in (the other character I wanted a substantial amount was Palutena).

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Guys, I have some questions about Shulk now that the game is out. I can't watch streams or videos (thanks 20 GB monthly limit...) So if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.
1. What is his entrance animation?
2. Do Monando Arts last for a set amount of time?

D

Deleted member

Guys, I have some questions about Shulk now that the game is out. I can't watch streams or videos (thanks 20 GB monthly limit...) So if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.
1. What is his entrance animation?
2. Do Monando Arts last for a set amount of time?
I dunno about the first one.
As for the second one, yes. After a while, the Monado Art being used will fade. There will be a cool-down period where you can later use that Art again.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you know what's bugging me?

Where's Metal Face? :/
I think he'll be Wii U exclusive, same with Ridley, in what's going to be the Wii U's unique single-player mode.

Also in regards to my reaction for the final roster, I'm super happy! There's only one character on the list that I dislike (being Dark Pit... come on Sakurai, aren't you getting bored of patting your back?) and seeing the return of my Melee mains and the introduction of two amazing newcomers in DHD and Bowser Jr. is brilliant. Sure, I would have liked to see another Pokémon besides Jiggly and a new, unique Zelda character, but with what we have now I can't complain. Doc's reintroduction was enough to make me fall head over heels for the game (if i hadn't done so already), and I do support the idea of DLC, especially in the context of revealing more newcomers for Wii U and patching the 3DS version to include them.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What do you guys think of the songs chosen to be included in Smash 3DS?

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think of the songs chosen to be included in Smash 3DS?
You Will Know Our Names, Gaur Plains, and Mechanical Rhythm?
A nice, small selection of fantastic songs! I hope that we get more in the Wii U version! (like Unfinished Battle and Satorl Marsh - Night for example)

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
A nice, small selection of fantastic songs! I hope that we get more in the Wii U version! (like Unfinished Battle and Satorl Marsh - Night for example)
am i the only person who doesn't think You Will Know Our Names isn't that good e.e

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Mechanical Rhythm was only in the trailer (or is it an option for Smash Run?), it's just Gaur Plains and YWKON iirc.

Edit: @ ThatLunaticFeline ThatLunaticFeline probably :troll:

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Yes. I do wish they would've added maybe one more but I don't want to sound greedy. I hope there's music DLC or something lol.

I really want Colony 9 and One Who Gets in Our Way.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I read somewhere that Mechanical Rhythm was in the 3DS game. I could be wrong, however.
I hope you're right. I know the STAGE music is just the other two, but I'm under the impression that there are a few songs that aren't on stages that you can put into a Smash Run playlist. If so, Mechanical Rhythm would be a good choice.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Wow they need to get it together that's one of the main rules in journalism do research.
Am I the only one that don't like Pac Man's first taunt it looks so boring and I hate the ship one with the walky-talky voice sounds like ear **** if you hear it with headphones on.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Gamesradar Strikes again!

We're going to go over the guest AKA the third party characters, let's start with Shulk!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

We're going to go over the guest AKA the third party characters, let's start with Shulk!

Uh Shulk's not third party anymore. Nintendo bought Monolith Soft before they made Xenoblade, he's first party now. Besides, SAKurai stated the limit for THird party chars.in SMash was Three, Sonic, PacMan and MM maxed out the limit already.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Nice. I think I'll be using the 'This is the Monado's power!' one most often.

That misinformation though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom