• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
To be honest, shades have kinda become my job. Solfiner is your man if you want some nightmarish gifs.
Also, I reckon we might get a direct late August/early September. I mean, release is so soon and there are still multiple newcomer trailers by the sound of it.
the sad thing is Sakurai hasn`t even hinted at the direct,it makes me upset

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Okay, here's something funny to mull over. The whole "too many swords" argument. If the Ninka leak is true, there are a WHOPPING 8 SWORDFIGHTERS. How DARE Sakurai put in that many! (Sarcasm, fyi)

Just a small realization I came to that I thought you guys would appreciate.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
Okay, here's something funny to mull over. The whole "too many swords" argument. If the Ninka leak is true, there are a WHOPPING 8 SWORDFIGHTERS. How DARE Sakurai put in that many! (Sarcasm, fyi)

too many fists lmao

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I will take too swords from different franchises than characters from one franchise, you know the one I'm talking about.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Someone needs to make a banner. I think there are several supporters out there that are unaware of this thread...

On topic: So... 5 mode Shulk? Uh... Not saying that the leak is true but if IT IS... Bleh

Ice Climbers reveal tho lol. Meltdowns
I wanna say I read somewhere that it was only 2 modes, but I might just be thinking that? Just like the time I just thought up all of Palutena's trailer. /s

I do think 5 modes is overkill, maybe the guy that said that just thought it was 5 different modes?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I seem to have started an off topic discussion. I meant to keep it about Shulk. Guys, back on topic.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I wanna say I read somewhere that it was only 2 modes, but I might just be thinking that? Just like the time I just thought up all of Palutena's trailer. /s

I do think 5 modes is overkill, maybe the guy that said that just thought it was 5 different modes?
I also think the 5 modes might have been an error in communication, somewhere along the line it might have gone from 5 different arts to 5 modes.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
what outfit other than the oil suit ( swimsuit Shulk) you want in the game jungle suit for me.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
what outfit other than the oil suit ( swimsuit Shulk) you want in the game jungle suit for me.
Sleek Oil Shulk :troll:
Or maybe an exploration team costume? I know it's not directly from the game but it'd be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Sleek Oil Shulk :troll:
Or maybe an exploration team costume? I know it's not directly from the game but it'd be interesting to see.
as long Shulk is not in a speedo, I'm still a little sick from yesterday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Would you guys be fine with Shulk getting in, but having his hair color change with his alternate palette colors?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Would you guys be fine with Shulk getting in, but having his hair color change with his alternate palette colors?
That will be so dumb, why would they change his hair change color, They didn't change Link hair color?! So yes I will have a problem with his hair changing color.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
That will be so dumb, why would they change his hair change color, They didn't change Link hair color?! So yes I will have a problem with his hair changing color.
imma start another shulk topic since stuff hasnt happened for 50+ minutes,Anyone can answer this:What would be your reaction to a shulk confirmation and what would the trailer be like?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
imma start another shulk topic since stuff hasnt happened for 50+ minutes,Anyone can answer this:What would be your reaction to a shulk confirmation and what would the trailer be like?
Super Happy that I may explode, and what will the trailer be like? I don't know maybe Shulk saving Ness from someone.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I don't know the context of this gif, but I would to have this happen sorta like this
>fwoosh swing swhoosh
>Shulk is on the ground
>That gif in HD
>Shulk get's up
>Shulk picks up the monado
>"THIS IS THE POWER OF THE MONADO"
>Camera pans around to some metal shaking
>Duck Hunt Dog Humiliates the competition.
>R.O.B. Hit's DHD causing him to fly backwards only having a duck catch him in mid-air
>Samurai pls
>Realize you read the question wrong
>feel stupid

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to play it on the big screen in my living room so my roommates HAVE to watch it. Then I'll be like,

Read in really obnoxious sarcastic voice for max crow eating:
"What? Who's that guys? Who is it? Is-is that Shulk? Shulk in smash? Hey roommate A is that Shulk? Sure looks like him, but I thought you guys said he wouldn't make it in! Shulk could never make it into smash right? But what is that right there? Huh? Well how's about that?"

Then I would proceed to watch it a million more times and begin another play through of Xenoblade till Smash comes out.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably scream and flip out and then be jittery for the rest of the day. Hmm...maybe I should record my reaction. We've talked about what the trailer could be like several time already, though.
I'm going to play it on the big screen in my living room so my roommates HAVE to watch it. Then I'll be like,

Read in really obnoxious sarcastic voice for max crow eating:
"What? Who's that guys? Who is it? Is-is that Shulk? Shulk in smash? Hey roommate A is that Shulk? Sure looks like him, but I thought you guys said he wouldn't make it in! Shulk could never make it into smash right? But what is that right there? Huh? Well how's about that?"

Then I would proceed to watch it a million more times and begin another play through of Xenoblade till Smash comes out.
I like the way you spite. :troll:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
What will the franchise icon be for Xenoblades?

The Monado akin the Fire Emblem's Falchion or the "X" from Xenoblades? Think Reyn has a chance as an Assist Trophy?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

The Monado akin the Fire Emblem's Falchion or the "X" from Xenoblades? Think Reyn has a chance as an Assist Trophy?
of course the monado what eles will it be.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would prefer the X, mainly because it would age better as Xenoblade continues to expand and would also pay some homage to the spiritual predecessors. Though the Monado is fine too.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
I would prefer the X, mainly because it would age better as Xenoblade continues to expand and would also pay some homage to the spiritual predecessors. Though the Monado is fine too.
yeah,i would go with the monado,as it means alot to the story

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally not feeling Shulk's render in the 'leaked' screens. It looks off, and not like the Shulk I know. If I'm being completely honest, he looks like a Barbie doll.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
I'm personally not feeling Shulk's render in the 'leaked' screens. It looks off, and not like the Shulk I know. If I'm being completely honest, he looks like a Barbie doll.
eh maybe,but theyre trying to make a new HD image of shulk i guess

EDIT:sakurai`s running out of time and really should reveal shulk this week on a sidenote

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
eh maybe,but theyre trying to make a new HD image of shulk i guess
Hm. Not convinced. Also, Shulk's face is more oval shaped than the one seen in the 'leaked' render, and his jumper has no pink strip running around the jumpers neck, plus there's no sign of the three cylinders strapped to his upper right arm.

I feel as if the 'leaked' render has failed to capture Shulk properly. If anything, he looks too young (and looks like a Barbie doll).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I'd think the Monado.

Reyn could be an AT and I kinda really want Fiora as a possible 2nd playable rep, but if that part of the leak comes true that says Reyn and Fiora will be stage elements, then I guess Riki would be the AT.

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
Hm. Not convinced. Also, Shulk's face is more oval shaped than the one seen in the 'leaked' render, and his jumper has no pink strip running around the jumpers neck, plus there's no sign of the three cylinders strapped to his upper right arm.

I feel as if the 'leaked' render has failed to capture Shulk properly. If anything, he looks too young (and looks like a Barbie doll).
i guess,but he is only 18

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

On the bright side, his hair is glorious. But yeah, I do get what you're saying.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because it's Little Mac
I'd think the Monado.

Reyn could be an AT and I kinda really want Fiora as a possible 2nd playable rep, but if that part of the leak comes true that says Reyn and Fiora will be stage elements, then I guess Riki would be the AT.
X may be the best since the symbol since the new Xenoblade game is a spiritual successor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom