• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNin10doUltra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nin10doUltra
3DS FC
0259-0299-7386
A Shulk Thread exist? Am i in heaven? Is this Life right now? The Monado has led me to greatness.

Last edited:
Someone needs to make a banner. I think there are several supporters out there that are unaware of this thread...

On topic: So... 5 mode Shulk? Uh... Not saying that the leak is true but if IT IS... Bleh

Ice Climbers reveal tho lol. Meltdowns

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I don't think we'll see any confirmation of the leak tomorrow as it is too soon after Meta Knight's reveal. Shulk looks REALLY badass in that leak and I am so hoping it's true.

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
There's simply too many problems with that "leak". It's fake. From a wonky UI (including missing %) to an incredibly shady Ganondorf taken straight from Twilight Princess I don't see any reason to trust it. And good renders are especially not a good reason.
Just letting you know, that Klonoa image was made LONG before someone tried to use it as a leak.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Sakurai could announce an upcoming character announcement for Monday similar to the Robin reveal. Odd how there hasn't been a big direct this month. At the very least I expect a big Direct in September about a week before launch with some hype worthy Smash info.

You guys really didn't know about this thread? You're right that we don't have any banners, but the thread is typically towards the top of the character discussion section of the forums.

I haven't seen one advocate of a multiple mode Shulk move set here. We can't even figure it out.

Also, @ Berserker. Berserker. Phoenix Wright in a fighting game sounds hilarious. What does he do that could relate to Shulk?

Also, @ Berserker. Berserker. Phoenix Wright in a fighting game sounds hilarious. What does he do that could relate to Shulk?
I think you haven't heard of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 mate.

And also, he can't relate to Shulk. I just hope Sakurai won't try to do it. It's (Design-wise) impossible though but..... well, I shouldn't worry about it anyway

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think you haven't heard of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 mate.

And also, he can't relate to Shulk. I just hope Sakurai won't try to do it. It's (Design-wise) impossible though but..... well, I shouldn't worry about it anyway
I know of the terrible Mega Man and Pac Man playable characters if I'm thinking of the right game, but yeah, you're right I don't really play fighting games outside of Smash Bros and some Persona Arena. I saw a trailer for Phoenix Wright in that game and thought it was bizarre to say the least. Music was good though.

Well if its bad and impossible for Shulk then that can only be a good thing. I can't imagine Sakurai would go with something so over the top with Shulk. I mean what can he do that would take us completely off guard?

-There's that mode switching we see in the leak
-We've discussed a talent gauge
-Buff and debuff moves
-Break, topple, daze
-Party member support (although I highly doubt this one)

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I can't see him messing this one up

Last edited:
I know of the terrible Mega Man and Pac Man playable characters if I'm thinking of the right game, but yeah, you're right I don't really play fighting games outside of Smash Bros and some Persona Arena. I saw a trailer for Phoenix Wright in that game and thought it was bizarre to say the least. Music was good though.

Well if its bad and impossible for Shulk then that can only be a good thing. I can't imagine Sakurai would go with something so over the top with Shulk. I mean what can he do that would take us completely off guard?

-Buff and debuff moves
-Break, topple, daze

I think it's nearly impossible to make Shulk's design and moveset resemble anyone's really....

I hope I'm right about this

Off topic: Dat guest count

Stelios78910

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stelios78910
3DS FC
3926-5275-0347
Well according to the recent leak, we can make Shulk's SSB4 design resemble Little Mac. More specifically pose and facemodel wise. Which points to that very leak being false, but I do feel that a Xenoblade series character has a high chance of being one of the last potential newcomers even this late on.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

-Buff and debuff moves
-Break, topple, daze

um.... you're thinking of Street Fighter x Tekken, not Marvel vs. Capcom.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
um.... you're thinking of Street Fighter x Tekken, not Marvel vs. Capcom.
There goes my inexperience with the genre showing.

@ Stelios78910 Stelios78910 I feel like the leak has too much going for it, especially with the Famitsu Stage scans matching the character select screen. Personally, I don't buy into the Little Shulk claim some people are making. Furthermore there is that screenshot that shows Little Mac using some of Captain Falcon's animations from Brawl but its not noticeable unless you're actively looking for it since it is so subtle. Either way, why would Sakurai make Shulk a clone?

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I figured due to Shulk's high demands in Japan Sakurai would wait to reveal him last in prep for the Japanese release

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
There goes my inexperience with the genre showing.

@ Stelios78910 Stelios78910 I feel like the leak has too much going for it, especially with the Famitsu Stage scans matching the character select screen. Personally, I don't buy into the Little Shulk claim some people are making. Furthermore there is that screenshot that shows Little Mac using some of Captain Falcon's animations from Brawl but its not noticeable unless you're actively looking for it since it is so subtle. Either way, why would Sakurai make Shulk a clone?
I'm not taking anything outside the pictures seriously. Any text claims people make about Shulk I tend to ignore outside of discussing how it might work as a mechanic. And honestly those gameplay leaks I think are just Brawl Hacks with photoshop atm.

EDIT: whoops sorry for the double post

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be funny to have Swimsuit Alternate Costumes for characters and a Beach stage.
We have a beach stage... Tortimer Island.

Maybe Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog could share a trailer... they have one thing in common in their games... grass and lots of grass.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Yeah I figured due to Shulk's high demands in Japan Sakurai would wait to reveal him last in prep for the Japanese release
and probably the next and last newcomer to be revealed before Smash 3DS' release in Japan.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
We have a beach stage... Tortimer Island.

Maybe Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog could share a trailer... they have one thing in common in their games... grass and lots of grass.
I doubt DHD would get a trailer, he seems more of the secret character deal.

I could see Shulk with Bowser Jr maybe? Like he thinks he's commanding the mechon to attack shulk but gets attacked himself and cries about it.
and probably the next and last newcomer to be revealed before Smash 3DS' release in Japan.
If this leak is true I think Sakurai is gonna hold out revealing anything that would prove it true so if that's the case Shulk will be announce veeerrrry close to the Japan release.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
If this leak is true I think Sakurai is gonna hold out revealing anything that would prove it true so if that's the case Shulk will be announce veeerrrry close to the Japan release.

good point, but I think that would be at the end of August instead of early September.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Okay, so I've talked about my dissatisfaction of Shulk in the past, and I still do think he looks rather generic, but since the Duck Hunt dog is seeming more likely at this point, I'm okay with Shulk sticking around (still looks a lot like Robin to me though!!).

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so I've talked about my dissatisfaction of Shulk in the past, and I still do think he looks rather generic, but since the Duck Hunt dog is seeming more likely at this point, I'm okay with Shulk sticking around (still looks a lot like Robin to me though!!).
they are completely different characters and will fight differently.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, I know, I'm just talking about appearance (well, I'd hope they'd play completely differently, don't want another clone on our hands).

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I come back to this thread to visit and I'm gosh darn disappointed at the lack of shades around here.

What is even your job here @Solfiner? :p

Anyway, on the topic of the leak, I'm personally #TeamIt'sFineEitherWay. Shulk being in would make me really happy, but if this leak is fake, then Shulk still has a very good chance of being in. Just like he always has.

Apparently we can't talk about the leak. Shulk is still awesome, tho.

On that note, we do have an off-topic convo for this thread that I made, so you new guys can PM me or post on my profile if you want to join at any time.

Oh, and hello guests. You ready to join our support list yet?

Last edited:

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
I come back to this thread to visit and I'm gosh darn disappointed at the lack of shades around here.

Anyway, on the topic of the leak, I'm personally #TeamIt'sFineEitherWay. Shulk being in would make me really happy, but if this leak is fake, then Shulk still has a very good chance of being in. Just like he always has.

On that note, we do have an off-topic convo for this thread that I made, so you new guys can PM me or post on my profile if you want to join at any time.

we cant talk about the leak apparently,Xenado got banned because of it
EDIT:Check your youtube inbox kingofzero as fast as you can

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
we cant talk about the leak apparently,Xenado got banned because of it
EDIT:Check your youtube inbox kingofzero as fast as you can
I just did and am trying to see what I can do about the matter.

Anyway, I think right now it's all just a waiting game. We shouldn't worry about anything other than what Sakurai is going to reveal next. It feels like a single pic of the day could throw all of smashboards into disarray.

Last edited:

Reborn X

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and hello guests. You ready to join our support list yet?[/quote[/quote]
I just did and am trying to see what I can do about the matter.

Anyway, I think right now it's all just a waiting game. We shouldn't worry about anything other than what Sakurai is going to reveal next. It feels like a single pic of the day could throw all of smashboards into disarray.
Well,i am eagerly waiting for shulk.ive never been trolled worse in my life.i mean if you think about it what other main 1P have emerged since brawl.hmmm i cant think of one..ohhh Xenoblade chronicles!Do it Sakurai,put him it!its logical and his movesets easy,it`s a given

Dunban

Smash Journeyman

Apparently we can't talk about the leak. Shulk is still awesome, tho.

To be honest, shades have kinda become my job. Solfiner is your man if you want some nightmarish gifs.
Also, I reckon we might get a direct late August/early September. I mean, release is so soon and there are still multiple newcomer trailers by the sound of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom