• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Agreed.

(This is also my first post here btw!))
Welcome Powerclaw,I just joined yesterday!Hope you have a Reyn time here

I miss anything over last day? Last time I was in hear was mid-leak meltdown.... any honest convo going on?
The leaks are 96% confirmed fake

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Not the place for that, I meant anything pertaining to Shulk in this thread.
Ugggh for the last time he's heavily involved in it

I have a burning question: When is the next Nintendo smash direct,the Shulk trailer is gonna be sick!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I have a burning question: When is the next Nintendo smash direct,the Shulk trailer is gonna be sick!
well regi is doing the cold water chellegen and he said on Nintendo of america he's gonna "one up" what the Sony president did so maybe a hint of a direct announcement

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
We talked about victory poses, moves, a bit of music, some victory quotes, sprinkled in the leak here and there, got a few new supporters. I guess you can say the usual.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
well regi is doing the cold water chellegen and he said on Nintendo of america he's gonna "one up" what the Sony president did so maybe a hint of a direct announcement
. When he gets announced,us fellow bronados will make that day a Holiday call Monado day and we will reneame April fools day "Melia friend zone day"

Last edited:

Makattack202

Smash Rookie
I fully support Shulk.
By the way, isn't it at least a little suspicious that the leaker did not show any gameplay pictures? A character select screen is easier to fake than actually photos of gameplay. And he could easily just set up a battle on the new stage (maybe with some of the new characters) and erase almost all doubt from anyone's minds.
But instead he has to have admittedly believable looking low quality photos.

And just as I was about to hit post...
I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but here's an image from the leak.

Huh. I honestly doubt this is real. Compared to the other photos of the leak, it feels far too low quality to be credible. I can't even tell who that fourth character (if it even is a character) is. But it could be real. And the leaker just took a really bad picture just to stir up as much speculation as possible.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The moment the ice water falls on his head, the video cuts to Shulk's trailer. Then it cuts back to the ice water challenge with his expression.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

and it just ends with this Nintendo be like come at us Sony

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Right before the ice water hits Reggie, he'll have a vision of the future and use Monado Shield. My dad is Sakurai, he told me everything.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Let me state this clearly:
I. HATE. THIS. LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I WANT SHULK EVEN LESS BECAUSE OF IT!!!!
At this point, I've given up on Shulk. Drop me from any supporter list, I'm through!

(Forgive my anger, I'm just so appalled by this leak. It's given the entire Smash Community a heart attack, and the leaks are clearly fake. That 'Punch' is actually the first jab used by Snake, and I don't WANT some lame Duck Hunt Dog!!)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't really understand why people keep saying this.

Like it or not, a leak which is dangerously close to being legit pertains to every character. (especially those who are a part of it) It's not at all surprising that the leak will keep popping up in character threads.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I. HATE. THIS. LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
At this point, I've given up on Shulk. Drop me from any supporter list, I'm through!
whoa there friend you might need to slow down

But I understand xD there's a surprising amount of stress behind the leak, though I'm not sure why this would make you want Shulk less.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

(Forgive my anger, I'm just so appalled by this leak. It's given the entire Smash Community a heart attack, and the leaks are clearly fake. That 'Punch' is actually the first jab used by Snake, and I don't WANT some lame Duck Hunt Dog!!)
How recently did Egil give you your Face?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
How recently did Egil give you your Face?

But I understand xD there's a surprising amount of stress behind the leak, though I'm not sure why this would make you want Shulk less.
I'm sorry. You're right, I am extremely worried about this leak, and I think I was overreacting. I'm completely sorry.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Seriously though, don't take your anger out on Shulk. He's not the reason the Ice Climbers were cut or certain newcomers didn't make the cut. I don't see where he's done anything to warrant your anger. Take it out on DHD, he seems to be the one you actually hate.

Edit: I'm not the only one who thought of that gif, go figure. Though, @ TheFearsomeRyan TheFearsomeRyan you might want to save the version with text if you have further need of it :p

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I have to admit, when I thought Shulk was going to be a clone there was a brief period of time where I felt like I didn't want him......Shulk deserves better than that.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Seriously though, don't take your anger out on Shulk. He's not the reason the Ice Climbers were cut or certain newcomers didn't make the cut. I don't see where he's done anything to warrant your anger. Take it out on DHD, he seems to be the one you actually hate.
Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for my overreaction. This leak has had me really worried for a while. Please forgive me.

Regarding Shulk, I still want him, but I think maybe I just got so appalled by the leak's quality I just blew it. I'm sorry. I'll try to calm down now.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for my overreaction. This leak has had me really worried for a while. Please forgive me.

Regarding Shulk, I still want him, but I think maybe I just got so appalled by the leak's quality I just blew it. I'm sorry. I'll try to calm down now.
it's all good. hopefully we'll figure out what the deal is with it. for now we should focus on our lord and savior Shulk.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

We're all in this ride together.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

It's okay. I dislike the leak, too. But then again, I dislike all leaks in general. *patpat*

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Guys, I just want to say I'm sorry for my overreaction. That's all for now. I accept responsibility for what I said, and I'm looking forward to the mods banning me.

Regarding Shulk's real attacks in Smash, what have been the common suggestions regarding his moveset, and what sort of technique does he have which will make him unique fighter in Smash Bros? (I'm a little calmer now.)

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of what happens, I want a high quality image of that Shulk render.
right? for all the profile pics.
Guys, I just want to say I'm sorry for my overreaction. That's all for now. I accept responsibility for what I said, and I'm looking forward to the mods banning me.

Regarding Shulk's real attacks in Smash, what have been the common suggestions regarding his moveset, and what sort of technique does he have which will make him unique. (I'm a little calmer now.)
A lot of people suggest some use of the talent gauge similar to little mac. Recently there's been this 5 Monado Mode going around but I'm not fully sure how it would work.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Why do I get the feeling that if Shulk has a talent gauge people will claim he is even more of a clone?

Meanwhile, nothing is known about the guy

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Going through my first playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm enjoying it so far; especially since I went on a hiatus from playing it.

Just got the Monado and am making the trek to Bionis' Knee.

That said, I'm proud to join and support Shulk for SSB4!

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Why do I get the feeling that if Shulk has a talent gauge people will claim he is even more of a clone?

Meanwhile, nothing is known about the guy
I think it would be cool if he had something along the lines of the a chain attack gauge, and when full is summons two companions who fight and act similar to assist trophies for several seconds.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Going through my first playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm enjoying it so far; especially since I went on a hiatus from playing it.

You had better hurry your playthrough, after Brawl spoiled the hell out of Mother 3 for everyone I can see Smash 4 doing the same for Xenoblade. :/

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

@BluePikmin11 we got another one (maybe we should put a note in the OP to tag you? @ SmashChu SmashChu whaddaya say?)

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'd be honored; plus, I'll have to update my sig. to reflect the change.
Ah, I meant that BluePikmin is the one in charge of the supporter list and that SmashChu may want to make note of that in the OP. Though you will be mentioned in the OP, since the list is kept there. It's just a matter of when @ SmashChu SmashChu updates the OP with the most recent list.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Ah, I meant that BluePikmin is the one in charge of the supporter list and that SmashChu may want to make note of that in the OP. Though you will be mentioned in the OP, since the list is kept there. It's just a matter of when @ SmashChu SmashChu updates the OP with the most recent list.
Yeah, I was saying I'd be more than happy to be on my list.

Whenever's fine.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Whenever's fine.[/quote]
Can I be part of the list?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Yeah, I was saying I'd be more than happy to be on my list.

Whenever's fine.
Ah, my bad, misread you. But yeah, BluePikmin is aware since I tagged him, so you're set. And @ Xenado Xenado you should be on there by now, unless the post hasn't been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom