• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
If the leaks in question are real, which I highly highly doubt, I'd have to see it in action before commenting on how much I like it. I don't like the sound of it, that's for sure, but Sakurai and his team have consistently done amazing jobs with the newcomers so far, so perhaps it'll work better than it sounds.
I sure hope so. The idea just seems so strange to me. Sakurai went as far as giving Robin LIMITED USES on his special moves to be accurate to the source material. Hell, he even gave Charizard recoil damage on Flare Blitz. It wouldn't make sense to have Shulk's main gameplay mechanic be something that isn't true to the character.

EDIT: By the way, I'd love to be added to the supporter list, so whoever's in charge of that, I'll be eternally grateful to you.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry guys.:(
Been posted a million times in other threads,

Their heads just happen to be in somewhat of the same pose. This still does not account for his gorgeous hair or amazingly rendered bod. Not to mention the other newcomer renders are completely original.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Damn, that leak looks so real. But i'm going to remain indifferent because it might just be some extremely skilled guy? Either way, I commend who ever made the Shulk render.

This also reminds me of the times when the brawl roster leaked and everyone started finding inconsistencies in the real roster. (That's a pixel off, ect.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I'm hoping it's real just for those renders alone. (I actually really like the Pitoo render, from what I can see of it.)

Shulk's hair is just...mmm.

Can't wait to get the full image (once again, assuming it's real.) and see dat HD Monado.

Hurry up, Direct.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dayum. Can we stick a fork in the roster yet?

Also, that screenshot makes me moist.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Can we call it yet? Please? We have even more poof here. And the Ganondorf image in better light. Please?

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Dayum. Can we stick a fork in the roster yet?

Also, that screenshot makes me moist.
Aye, but I find it disturbing that Shulk is using his fists instead of the Monado, and Ganondorf is once again weaponless.

Still though nice screens. I want to believe but I must stay emotionally unattached, lest I be struck with profound sadness if it fake.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aye, but I find it disturbing that Shulk is using his fists instead of the Monado, and Ganondorf is once again weaponless.

Still though nice screens. I want to believe but I must stay emotionally unattached, lest I be struck with profound sadness if it fake.
It looked to me like he was using an item, explaining why the Monado was on his back.

I expect these things to keep happening over the next little while, though, so we may get even more proof. Brace yourselves.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Wait, is it now possible to play as whatever color you want regardless of team color?
Yeah. It was confirmed a while back that in the 3DS version you can set it to where the outline changes color rather than the character's costume.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

It looked to me like he was using an item, explaining why the Monado was on his back.

I expect these things to keep happening over the next little while, though, so we may get even more proof. Brace yourselves.
I believe it was a dash pivot or a pivot grab.

Last edited:

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
I'm so close to popping the champagne and calling it a victory, keeping emotions out of this is hard.
Just a little more evidence.
A veteren reveal soon that confirms a render maybe?
Please? QQ

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok here is my official wager, if Shulk is put in this game, I have to play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

He will always the benefit of being a new character to try out and I would look forward to using him.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
oh, that reminds me. It's a bit strange that the monado is the icon represented for the Xenoblade series? Like it's super important in Xenoblade Chronicles but in X so far all we've seen is that it's referenced as a tiny hairpin. I would have thought maybe it would be represented by an X in the style both games have shown.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
Ok here is my official wager, if Shulk is put in this game, I have to play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

He will always the benefit of being a new character to try out and I would look forward to using him.
You should play it, regardlesss.

oh, that reminds me. It's a bit strange that the monado is the icon represented for the Xenoblade series? Like it's super important in Xenoblade Chronicles but in X so far all we've seen is that it's referenced as a tiny hairpin. I would have thought maybe it would be represented by an X in the style both games have shown.
Yup. If anything, it'll most likely be an 'X' instead. At least that's how I imagined it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm guessing people like Shulk's hair?
How could you not like his hair?

I mean, just take a look at his official artworks, his hair looks so silky and soft. Shulk probably uses fresh smelling shampoo as well. And I love his bangs and layers -- they frame his face well. He's like a blonde bishounen prince. HD Shulk will be glorious--

I should stop before I get carried away... Hey, you asked for it. ;) :troll:

Srsly though, I don't think I've posted in this thread? But yeah, I've been quietly supporting Shulk, like, since I first joined here. I just don't usually talk about my most wanted that aren't named Roy.

TeamFlareZakk

I probably will, @ Rikobomo Rikobomo who knows maybe I'll like it.

Although I would rather have Isaac in, I need to consider the what if on Shulk, and I decided that I'm buying in, its not selling out, its called buying in, just like on my Seth Rollins t-shirt, I'll throw my Golden Sun game out the window as soon as Isaac is deconfirmed, maybe throw Lost Age cross the room and curb stomp it, my point is I'm thinking maybe Xenoblade might have better to offer than what Golden Sun did, that's all.

So whether its Isaac, whether its Shulk, keep in mind, I am guaranteed for greatness in Super Smash Bros 4 because I support both, I'd be happy with either one!

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Good News: Shulk is looking more and more legit. :)

Bad News: I'm really not too fond of most of the other newcomers... Meh. Take what you can get, I suppose. The Dog could be interesting. Duck Hunt was actually my very first video game, so seeing a rep for it in Smash would certainly mean a lot to me.

More on topic, Shulk's model looks superb. Just wait until the glorious, AECH DEE Wii U footage... <3

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
How could you not like his hair?

I mean, just take a look at his official artworks, his hair looks so silky and soft. Shulk probably uses fresh smelling shampoo as well. And I love his bangs and layers -- they frame his face well. He's like a blonde bishounen prince. HD Shulk will be glorious--

I should stop before I get carried away... Hey, you asked for it. ;) :troll:

Srsly though, I don't think I've posted in this thread? But yeah, I've been quietly supporting Shulk, like, since I first joined here. I just don't usually talk about my most wanted that aren't named Roy.
Looks like we got another one! @BluePikmin11

TeamFlareZakk

Uh, hi Ganondorf!!!!

Seriously though I can't wait to see Ganondorf, and Shulk actually looks pretty awesome too.

Another thing, no Mewtwo, wth, oh well at least I got Charizard, the rest I can beat up on with Shulk.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

Uh, hi Ganondorf!!!!

Seriously though I can't wait to see Ganondorf, and Shulk actually looks pretty awesome too.

Another thing, no Mewtwo, wth, oh well at least I got Charizard, the rest I can beat up on with Shulk.
Meh, it's no Hyrule Warriors Ganonorf, but he's still one tasty dish if you ask me. :p

I'm trying my best to not get too excited, as none of this is official. But, man, it's hard not to get at least a little giddy...!

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Stepping away from the leak for a second, can we take a moment to enjoy Dunban?

The SASS on this man tho

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
This leak looks real guys! If it is true, both of my wanted newcomers are in the game (The other is Rosalina). Really like Shulks hair. SO FLUFFY!

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to say much, but my friend met a guy at an event who claims to have worked at Nintendo. He was wearing a Smash 4 shirt and gave some insight to the builds he played. Anyway long story short, when asked about Shulk he said "you're in for a pretty big surprise"! Hopefully i'll get to talk to him this week ;)
To people who were there when I posted this, I've got good news. Yeah he talked about Shulk but what I didn't mention is he did say Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, & Dark Pit would all be playable. So either he made the leak image, it's a crazy coincidence, or it's actually true.

Proof:
again, i'm just stating what I know. If it's fake, then it's fake.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Warning Received
Man I hope the duck hunt dog don't get in, I know Sakurai want to make this smash have the most unique characters ever but he will be really jumping the gun with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom