• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Don't hype yourself too much I don't want you guys to burn yourselves out in the span of only 3.5 hours before the tournament thinking it's #DittsonFriday.
uh, bad example. It's always Dittson day. And Dittson month. Don't burn yourselves out thinking it's #FaceFriday
Dittson-is-best-pokeman.gif

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I just ealised we are more then half way to the Ridely thread number of pages and they've been around since Brawl

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I just ealised we are more then half way to the Ridely thread number of pages and they've been around since Brawl
Uh, you realize that the Ridley thread is long past 1000 pages at this point right?
This guy gets it!
You know what? Every Friday is #FaceFriday by decree of my and any pathetic fools who deny this get the death penalty. Impaled by claws, to be exact.
You know what, I can get behind this too. ifonlytonotgetpromptlyshot

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So no character reveal. Well, guess I'll go back to my theory of there being one newcomer trailer per month before the 3DS release in September. C'mon Nintendo Direct before August 12th, c'mon #AlvisAugust...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So no character reveal. Well, guess I'll go back to my theory of there being one newcomer trailer per month before the 3DS release in September. C'mon Nintendo Direct before August 12th, c'mon #AlvisAugust...
Comic Con isn't over. The tournament hasn't even started yet. We could still be getting a trailer.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Uh, you realize that the Ridley thread is long past 1000 pages at this point right?

You know what, I can get behind this too. ifonlytonotgetpromptlyshot
You will still get shot
by Dittson. you shouldn't have done that little brat

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I doubt we're getting anything if Sakurai didn't even mention the tournament on Miiverse. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprise but my expectations are low.
Remind me where he mentioned the e3 direct.
Remind me which character we got at the invitational which he did mention
Hey I found a which Xenoblade character are you quiz, here it is.
http://www.theotaku.com/quizzes/view/3018/which_xenoblade_character_are_you?

I'm most like Melia, I'm ready for all the hate Monolith Soft has for me.

what why would I get Shulk
then again, I guess there weren't any villains on that quiz to take advantage of all of my negative traits

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It is either at 2:30 EST or 3:00 EST. I'll double check

Edit: From
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rnament_and_smash_bros_live_broadcast_details

"Perhaps most exciting is the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, in which attendees will duke it out to stand tall as one of the earliest champions in the portable entry of the series. The company has now confirmed when live streams of the contest will kick off — it'll be on the Nintendo Twitch channel over two days, starting on Friday 25th July at 11:30 Pacific / 14:30 Eastern / 19:30 UK / 20:30 CET."
Thanks alot Banjodorf

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Go to around page 70 to see a bunch of old quiz results.

then again, I guess there weren't any villains on that quiz to take advantage of all of my negative traits
He mentioned E3 in the NSMB pic the week before E3 and the SmashBros.com also linked to the invitational and E3 page.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

"Super Smash Bros. will be at San Diego Comic-Con in full force! Join us for the first-ever Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament, tips and tricks live-streamed straight from the show floor and even a few special surprises. http://spr.ly/6183lYOc."
From the official smash bros facebook page.

I wish I had Shulk... but I guess Melia is a slightly closer match

Mumkhar

Smash Rookie
Oh, I heard it from quite a few people on GameFAQs and Youtube. Honestly, I thought that sentiment was a lot more prevalent than this. Not gonna lie though, you're answer is exactly what I wanted to read. Nice to see we're on the same page in that regard.

To be clear, the argument is that since Mumkhar had committed so many heinous crimes against Colony 9, Alcamoth, etc. and was completely evil with no redeeming qualities, he should not have been spared so effortlessly. Like I said though, I completely disagree with this.
The power of a Face... It changes ya. Just like wanting the power of the Monado changed me before. But I forgot why I wanted that power. I wanted be the hero, but jealousy really took over. In the end, I did help save Colony 6. That kid, no... Shulk, maybe he's not a complete brat, after all. Dunban once knew me as an honorable man. Maybe that's still in me. I didn't kill Fiora, but... I've done wrong. And I know I've done wrong. But there's nothing stopping me from fixing it now.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I've been thinking. If by some chance Shulk is revealed today, what other xenoblade character could be playable as well?

Most likely to least likely:

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've been thinking. If by some chance Shulk is revealed today, what other xenoblade character could be playable as well?

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)
I would actually put Reyn much higher on that list. But Seven would probably be the most likely.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)
Riki would be above Melia in my opinion.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093

Groose

Smash Champion

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)
1. Riki (I think the Nopon will end up being the franchise's mascots)
2. Dunban (easy Shulk clone)
3. Seven (spoilers)
4. Reyn (he's Shulk's sidekick)
5. Melia (she's great, but I just don't think she'd be chosen)
6. Sharla (...poor girl...)
7. The Old Man with the Gun (the one whose name is censored on these forums)

By the way, I made this image when my internet was down. Be warned, as it contains endgame spoilers! It's just kind of a commentary on the sheer scope of the game.

[collapse=Shulk's Legacy]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm thinking that if we see something at comic-con it will be tomorrow, after the tourny.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)
For me, my order would be this:

1. Melia (We don't have a summoner yet, would be unique)
2. Seven
3. Riki
4. Dunban
5. Reyn
6. Sharla

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

1. Seven
2. Melia
3. Riki
4. Reyn
5. Dun-dun
6. Sharla ( poor girl)
1. Seven
2. Riki
3. Melia
4. Reyn
5. Dunban
6. Juju
7. Metal Face
8. Dickson
9. The Emperor
10. Some soldier
11. Merchant from Colony 9
12. Sharla

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
1. Seven
2. Riki
3. Melia
4. Reyn
5. Dunban
6. Juju
7. Metal Face
8. ****son
9. The Emperor
10. Some soldier
11. Merchant from Colony 9
12. Sharla
13. Jujus buggy

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm thinking that if we see something at comic-con it will be tomorrow, after the tourny.
It would be weird to see the site updated on the weekend. Really doubt we'll get anything, but it would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom