• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
congrats lovers

not only does shulk look ****ing amazing, it also totally changed my view on the leaked footage where he looked rather boring

oh and xenoblade port coming to 3ds? **** me both screens

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
AHHHH!!!
YYYEEESSSS!!!
And a 'new' 3DS with a port of Xenoblade? I still haven't finished my Wii version yet!
But. Must. Buy. Argh.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am hyped for Shulk! He really does have the five "modes" like the leaks said! He looks so awesome and fun to play with! And he totally looks like Little Mac! :troll:

I love that Shulk got the dang swim trunks. Hopefully the feminists may stop complaining about Samus now that Shulk is "sexualized" too. :awesome:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Congrats everyone :)

We finally got it, the long wait is over and it was damn worth it. I'm relieved and now can't wait to play as Shulk.
I only hope there is still some more secret we don't know about the game. (those leaks sure give hype but kill surprise effect)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am hyped for Shulk! He really does have the five "modes" like the leaks said! He looks so awesome and fun to play with! And he totally looks like Little Mac! :troll:

I love that Shulk got the dang swim trunks. Hopefully the feminists may stop complaining about Samus now that Shulk is "sexualized" too. :awesome:
You have NO CLUE as to how much this thread has wanted swimsuit Shulk as an alt. Seriously, we are all exploding right now.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Congrats on getting your character in guys. I always wanted since I started watching Chuggaconroy's lets play. The only reason I never visted this thread was to avoid spoilers.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Congrats Shulkfans!
If only everyone got what he wanted it smash haha.
the world would be a better place QuQ

gamer8

Smash Lord

Really hope this buries the whole over-sexualization of Zero Suit Samus thing now. If it doesn't then there's just no hope for some people.

Congrats to all of the Shulk supporters, he looks great. Worth waiting until 7 AM to watch for sure.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
just decided to pop back in for once to say, uh, yay for Shulk?
...Ok. To be honest... I wasn't nearly as hyped as I wanted to be. Maybe it was the inevitability that ruined it for me, but something about it feels off. Like... what's up with the kanji floating behind him? Why the **** does Monado "jump" and Monado "smash" exist? Not only do they sound hilariously bad, but they don't exist. Cyclone, Eater or Purge could've all easily taken their places. Monado Buster doesn't even look like Monado Buster. And they butchered his personality too.
Quite frankly the supporting cast (with mysterious absence from Reyn) were the best part of it. Riki is cute as ever, Dunban is... short-lived and Metal Face is Metal Face as always. Menacing and awesome. Gaur plains is also beautiful (though #Banned) and swimsuit Shulk is cool too...
I just feel like this all could have been handled better, you know? I'm honestly kind of disappointed with how this has all turned out...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Swimsuit Shulk X Oversexualised Samus OTP. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is Xenoblade coming to 3DS? This is the first time I'm hearing this... where's the link?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i am so hyped to play as shulk i knew hed get in, and i was right about his final smash some of you may recall i said it should be a chain attack and i love riki and dunban (well i love all 7 of them)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
*rewatches trailer for like the 100th time*

anyone else haha?
I wasn't nearly as excited/hyped before nor after the trailer, probably because I was very sure Shulk would make it in for many years now, and him being included in so many leaks (real and fake). How about you? I'm sorta disappointed I didn't enjoy this as much as the Lucina/Robin reveal, which was really hype for me because I had a little doubt and really disliked the idea that Chrom had even the smallest chance of being picked over them.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
ITS SHULK TIME

congrats shulk supporters! im glad they added in riki in there somewhere, he's my fav xenoblade character x3 RIKI FOR SMASH 5

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want that game! It is disappointing that GameStop has a monopoly on the Wii game and I cannot afford it even if it is used. I hope I can buy it at other stores like Toys R Us or Best Buy.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Gaur Plains remix in the trailer is incredible. They managed to turn an already great travel theme and made it even more intense.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I wasn't nearly as excited/hyped before nor after the trailer, probably because I was very sure Shulk would make it in for many years now, and him being included in so many leaks (real and fake). How about you? I'm sorta disappointed I didn't enjoy this as much as the Lucina/Robin reveal, which was really hype for me because I had a little doubt and really disliked the idea that Chrom had even the smallest chance of being picked over them.
Yeah, I get what you mean, but this trailer hyped me up a lot since it's concrete evidence that the other characters are in (other than the Challenges) and hints that the Koopalings are going to be alts. Also, Shulk looked great.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Shulk's trailer was phenomenal! The best character trailer I've seen so far! I'm so glad they played You Will Know our Names, and I really like his final smash. Also I like how he said "Now It's Shulk Time!" Oh my god, I'm just really hyped guys! I'm so glad they put him in the game and I can't wait to play as him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom