• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ninjendo92
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WE DID IT :D

Brb crying

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Now it's Shulk time.

Now it's goddamn Shulk time.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, too niche for smash. Shulk will never make it in. :troll:
"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series"

I guess detractors also won somehow.

As for me, I am and always was neutral towards him, but congrats anyways, even if it was obvious for so long.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

[List of Monado Arts] 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense. 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks. 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement. 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability. 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
That trailer was all I ever wanted in a Shulk trailer.

THANK YOU SAKURAI!!

Dat backslash to Bowser
Dat vision
Dat fight with Link and Marth.
Dem HD graphics
Dat Guar Plains stage.
Dat Final Smash!!

NSFW But this is how I feel right now:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not just Shulk, but Metal Face, Dunban, and Riki.

Also, Xenoblade is a perfect fit for a hand held. I love taking JRPGs with me on the go, and also doing some mindless grinding while watching TV.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Brb, gonna go die now. Xenoblade 3DS? I already have the Wii version, but who gives a ****? Buying it anyway. Dunban in HD? I'm going to die.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
As soon as Shulk was confirmed, I heard a train go by my area. That couldn't be more fitting.

Gratz guys!

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
WAHOO! Shulk confirmed officially! I'm super hyped! Now I can finally change my sig with a higher quality image!

He looks so cool *O*

EDIT: Also his render looks spot on with the leak so you know what that means... :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HOLY CRAP

I was thinking about playing Xenoblade Chronicles one day, but now I REALLY have to! Shulk looks really cool, as a fighter AND as a character!

And then they announce Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS!

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I'm speechless. Quite literally speechless. WE GOT EVERYTHING. The reveal trailer literally gave us everything we could have ever wanted. Unique Shulk moveset, a breathtaking CG trailer that I'm sure we'll all watch dozens of times more. We got Riki assist trophy! Chain Attack Final Smash! We got HD Gaur Plains stage! WITH THE METAL FACE BOSS!

WE EVEN GOT SWIMSUIT SHULK

IT'S LIKE SAKURAI IS ONE OF US, JUST TAKING NOTES.
I am oozing with bliss.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Alright, alright, alright.

Which one of you Xenobrothers works for Nintendo? Clearrrly someone has been snooping in on this thread to give us what we want :troll:

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
I chortled when the British voice came out. I was not expecting that, but I love it! Shulk looks really great, congratulations to his supporters.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I did not support Shulk but i always felt he deserved the spot. Congrats Shulk fans.
Btw i bought Xenoblade Chronicles this week and they just announced a 3DS version of the game... argh. xD

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Congratulations to all Shulk fans! It is great to see a JRPG hero being announced for Smash 4! Although this proves a part of the leak, it still raises my hope for Isaac in Smash 4 playable as well! Here's to seeing Isaac joining Shulk and celebrations for Shulk making it in the game!

OMG XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO THE 3DS, NO MORE NEED TO BUY THE WII VERSION!
Apparently the Xenoblade port on the 3DS is for the *new* 3DS which has a higher CPU speed than the current model!

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
"Swimsuit Shulk is fanservice hurr" I guess if he were a girl this would have been spammed countless times.

Anyway, he definetly looks even more amazing than in the leak, you see, that's why I hate leaks, they kill the hype and they don't do any justice to the character.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know, Metal Face had basically the same role in this trailer that Dark Pit had in Palutena's.

Dark Pit is playable.

So, if we connect the dots.....

!!!!!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I've never been so tempted to main another character instead of Yoshi but I'm just so ridiculously hyped right now.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'M JUST TOO HYPED RIGHT NOW!

Here's Reyn to tell you what's up!

This needs to be seen again because hype.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Congrats. He wasn't character I supported but he also wasn't a character I was against. I'm more excited for Xenoblade music more than Shulk himself but he's a nice addition (One of the few good parts about the leak...).

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Wow. That trailer was fantastic. I'm loving the representation Xenoblade is getting in this game. Gaur Plains as a stage, Dunban and Riki in Shulk's Final Smash, Metal Face...damn. I'm so glad I decided to play the game.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Reyn's going to be an Assist Trophy, and Metal Face will be the boss of Gaur Plains. SO EXCITED.

I don't know if Shulk is going to be one of my mains, but I'm definitely trying him out. DAT MONADO RANGE THO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom