• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
...Hate to admit it, but I think my want for Shulk has kinda died out a little bit. :( I'm even starting to think that he might be an Assist Trophy... :'| As much as I'd love to see him, there hasn't really been any Xenoblade content confirmed for Smash Bros yet, and I'm starting to get the feeling that being a supposed 'secret character' isn't helping. I'm no trying to offend anyone who loves Shulk, but I'm just saying my opinion so far. It's just getting a little worrying that we haven't seen anything related to Shulk...
Friendly reminder Pikmin content wasn't shown until Olimar was confirmed during the Dojo Brawl days ;)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Not to make my fellow supporters worried, but the Japanese Box art leaked & the Konami, Monolith Soft & the Mother copyrights are absent.
Though don't think Xenoblade & Mother fans need to worry, but Snake most likely is cut, due all the other 3 third parties are present on the boxart
Yeah, this doesn't change anything. Mr. Saturn and the Franklin badge are confirmed to be back, yet Shigesato Itoi isn't credited.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Not to make my fellow supporters worried, but the Japanese Box art leaked & the Konami, Monolith Soft & the Mother copyrights are absent.
Though don't think Xenoblade & Mother fans need to worry, but Snake most likely is cut, due all the other 3 third parties are present on the boxart

http://i.imgur.com/iU571fE.jpg
Where's Ubisoft? Wouldn't they need credited for the Rayman trophy?

We've also already seen MOTHER content in the game, I think the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn have already shown up in screenshots.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

We've also already seen MOTHER content in the game, I think the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn have already shown up in screenshots.
They only show the company copyrights of characters appearing in the boxarts.
Well, this got debunked quickly.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Someone on Gamefaqs did say they only need to use the copyrights on the Boxart for the content thats on the box, but "I sense a storm on the horizon" due Shulk haters will most likely use the Boxart as an argument that Shulk's deconfirmed

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh that doesn't mean it's debunked. Monolift Soft is most likely not credited because Shulk didn't appear anywhere in the boxart if you read carefully of my previous post. I think he's safe for now and that boxart is probably real.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh that doesn't mean it's debunked. Monolift Soft is most likely not credited because Shulk didn't appear anywhere in the boxart if you read carefully of my previous post. I think he's safe for now and that boxart is probably real.
It sure doesn't deconfirm him though, that's for damn sure.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This couldn't hurt Shulk no matter what, even if the copyright stretches outside the box art it just means Shulk is a hidden character that won't be revealed pre-release, that is if Monolith even needs a seperate credit section. Shulk is doing fine.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It doesn't automatically mean Shulk is unlockable, with the boxart points I mentioned previously, he could still be a starter, which makes the most sense for the Monado boy.
It makes sense either way imo, it's always cool having a totally new franchise being unlockable like FE in Melee. Not that it matters too much, I imagine he won't be one of the harder characters to unlock if anything.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
It makes sense either way imo, it's always cool having a totally new franchise being unlockable like FE in Melee. Not that it matters too much, I imagine he won't be one of the harder characters to unlock if anything.
Lets be honest though, were any of Brawl's characters that difficult to unlock? Now Melee on the other hand...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Lets be honest though, were any of Brawl's characters that difficult to unlock? Now Melee on the other hand...
Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were all rather difficult to unlock due to only being unlockable after completing the entire Subspace Emissary.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Subspace is what ruined unlocks in Brawl, Mewtwo you had to earn due it was either 700 matches or 20 hours of playing Melee matches

Bloop

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, the copyright stuff had me scared for a moment.
Though, like everyone else, after coming to my senses, I'm just as confident as I was before.

Some kind of confirmation soon would be really really nice though D:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were all rather difficult to unlock due to only being unlockable after completing the entire Subspace Emissary.
The strange thing about Brawl was that not only were there three ways to unlock every character compared to Melee's two, but the number of required vs matches to unlock characters dropped drastically. Wolf is only 450 Brawls and I think that may have been the highest.

I'm getting off topic though. So...

I think Shulk will be an unlockable character. My best guess for the criteria other than x amount of vs matches would be an event match based on Xenoblade.

Edit: @ Bloop Bloop My thoughts exactly. Hopefully tomorrow's date ends up meaning something

Last edited:

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
Does rushing to the credits will tell us if Shulk is in even if he's not unlocked ?
We should see his voice actor/Monolith Soft somewhere, right ?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Does rushing to the credits will tell us if Shulk is in even if he's not unlocked ?
We should see his voice actor/Monolith Soft somewhere, right ?
I think they'll program it to show Monolith and other related stuff after unlocking them. Or, you know, maybe Shulk will be revealed this month :4pacman:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, it took me only a couple of hours to unlock all of the characters with the help of the Subspace Emissary mode.

Other than that, I predict Shulk could possibly be as an unlockable character at this point.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

I think that because Xenoblade was co-developed between Monolith, a first party, and Nintendo SPD, that they would not need to be listed in copyrights section.

In that way, it would be on a very similar level to Animal Crossing New Leaf, which was co-developed between Monolith and Nintendo EAD.

edit: Yeah, I deleted a lot of misinformation from this post

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just left a stock match on over night. 100% grade A easy unlock.
I did the same, but instead I left it on while I was in school. It's not cheating, it's smart. :4pacman:

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
Unless I'm mistaken that's the copyright information on the first brawl trailer... which Fire Emblem wasn't apart of. Just booted up a wiped file of Brawl, and, even unlockable (Snake/Sonic) had their copyright information on the title screen screen.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Unless I'm mistaken that's the copyright information on the first brawl trailer... which Fire Emblem wasn't apart of. Just booted up a wiped file of Brawl, and, even unlockable (Snake/Sonic) had their copyright information on the title screen screen.
Probably because their inclusion was no secret given they were heavily advertised on the back of the box art.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
They were announced & on the box art though

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Subspace is what ruined unlocks in Brawl, Mewtwo you had to earn due it was either 700 matches or 20 hours of playing Melee matches
Personally, that's one thing I HATED about Melee. It wasn't hard to unlock Mewtwo. It was tedious. And tedious doesn't make something feel anywhere near as gratifying as hard does. I want a challenge, not a chore.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
1) Creatures Inc is cited, so Mother is safe.
2) If Shulk belongs to Nintendo itself, they don't need to cite Monolith.
3) The boxart of Brawl didn't cite Camelot, yet Isaac was there as an assist trophy. Only playable characters need to be cited.
4) Snake is walking on thin ice right now.

That's all I wanted to say.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1) Creatures Inc is cited, so Mother is safe.
2) If Shulk belongs to Nintendo itself, they don't need to cite Monolith.
3) The boxart of Brawl didn't cite Camelot, yet Isaac was there as an assist trophy. Only playable characters need to be cited.
4) Snake is walking on thin ice right now.

That's all I wanted to say.
The Creatures Inc. citation seems to be for Pokemon - in Melee and Brawl, Shigesato Itoi and Ape Inc. were cited separately for Earthbound, even though Ape Inc. and Creatures Inc. are the same company. You'd have to be crazy to think that the Mother content is getting removed, of course, but the copyright info doesn't seem to say anything either way (and it appears to be incomplete).

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

We've covered before that Monolith Soft won't be listed in the credits. I'm...not sure about Mother, but we already know there's Mother stuff in the game, so either they're just not being credited or it's a mistake. That's literally the answer.

Also, holy ****, where's all this negativity come from? We're in probably the best situation for an unnanounced newcomer, and everyone's suddenly going nuts.

Once again: If we saw Xenoblade content that wasn't a Shulk AT, we'd know 100% that he was in. It's not like Rhythm heaven.

Sakurai has not said that he wasn't doing secret characters because people spoiled them. he said he wasn't doing a big cutscene-filled adventure mode because it was a present for longtime fans that just got spoiled.

You guys need to step back and chill out. Sakurai would be stupid to ignore the IP created by the one first party (and might I add closest/favorite first party subsidiary) not represented in Smash. Shulk has alot of potential, Sakurai is friends with people at MSoft, obviously a fan of the series, and to completely ignore a HUGE new Nintendo IP with a big budget game coming out while putting the main character in with the likes of Prince Sable and Takamaru in terms of current obscurity would be not only a kick in the **** to all the massive number of worldwide Shulk fans, but to Monolith Soft who are following the Smash annoncements and undoubtedly working closely with him on the game itself.

Everybody needs to chill.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Oh, allow me to go delete my post, lol. Geeze, I should have really considered that further before making that. The only argument that stands is the one about how Xenoblade is similar to Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
Probably because their inclusion was no secret given they were heavily advertised on the back of the box art.
They were announced & on the box art though
That would make perfect sense then. I was thinking it was like Melee's where the copyright information was dynamic, where Intelligent systems appeared on the title screen after you unlocked Marth and Roy.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
We've covered before that Monolith Soft won't be listed in the credits. I'm...not sure about Mother, but we already know there's Mother stuff in the game, so either they're just not being credited or it's a mistake. That's literally the answer.

Also, holy ****, where's all this negativity come from? We're in probably the best situation for an unnanounced newcomer, and everyone's suddenly going nuts.

Once again: If we saw Xenoblade content that wasn't a Shulk AT, we'd know 100% that he was in. It's not like Rhythm heaven.

Sakurai has not said that he wasn't doing secret characters because people spoiled them. he said he wasn't doing a big cutscene-filled adventure mode because it was a present for longtime fans that just got spoiled.

You guys need to step back and chill out. Sakurai would be stupid to ignore the IP created by the one first party (and might I add closest/favorite first party subsidiary) not represented in Smash. Shulk has alot of potential, Sakurai is friends with people at MSoft, obviously a fan of the series, and to completely ignore a HUGE new Nintendo IP with a big budget game coming out while putting the main character in with the likes of Prince Sable and Takamaru in terms of current obscurity would be not only a kick in the **** to all the massive number of worldwide Shulk fans, but to Monolith Soft who are following the Smash annoncements and undoubtedly working closely with him on the game itself.

Everybody needs to chill.
Well said. There is nothing against Shulk at all, and if anyone disagrees then they are grasping. I'm not even slightly worried at this point.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Um, guys, the various companies are listed AFTER a character from them is playable in general, not just because they were on the box. Intelligent Systems has been on the Smash 4 trailers since Rosalina's reveal thanks to Marth. Sonic also isn't on the case as far as we know, and yet SEGA is in the credits. Ubisoft not showing for Rayman is either because the general fact that he isn't playable or that the Robin/Lucna reveal trailer was made too far enough in advance to include Ubisoft.

Ape/SHIGESATO ITOI isn't there simply because Ness and/or Lucas have been confirmed yet, and, assuming it happens, the moment Shulk becomes playable is when they add Monolith Soft to the credits.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Monolith Soft isn't credited on the promotional material because there's no Monolith Soft character on the promotional material, that's all. That's how copyright works. Now, can we seriously drop the discussion about it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom