• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
To try to pull this thread back onto the subject of actual moveset discussion, I haven't really seen that many moveset ideas tossed around that really dig deep into the possibilities of his custom specials.
Also, I can't see there being a special dedicated to activating the Monado assuming that Shulk has the talent gauge as one of his gimmicks. What variations could there be of simply activating the Monado?

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
To try to pull this thread back onto the subject of actual moveset discussion, I haven't really seen that many moveset ideas tossed around that really dig deep into the possibilities of his custom specials.
Also, I can't see there being a special dedicated to activating the Monado assuming that Shulk has the talent gauge as one of his gimmicks. What variations could there be of simply activating the Monado?
This is moveset discussion:troll:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As I said before, if Battle Soul is a special, then it would also activate the Monado.

Down B would be Battle Soul until the gauge was full, then it would be activate Monado.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
As I said before, if Battle Soul is a special, then it would also activate the Monado.

Down B would be Battle Soul until the gauge was full, then it would be activate Monado.
You have to keep custom specials in mind as well. While that would make some sense for Battle Soul, would it really make sense if it had customization options based on Light Heal and/or Shadow Eye?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I thought up something funny. What is the WORST possible moveset Sakurai could give Shulk? We've never discussed that as far as I know.

For me, it would have to be if he gave Shulk other party members arts. Imagine Shulk with Wild Down, Gale Slash, Burninate etc.
Hmm...I think I'll combine things other people have said.

Shulk uses the Junk Sword, and one of his moves is Lurgy. Also, he isn't Shulk.
He's Zanza. Well, not Zanza. Klaus. And he's a Rosalina and Luma clone, with Alvis being the Luma. Everytime he attacks, he shouts a new spoiler from Xenoblade. "I will accidentally destroy the universe with a computer!" "I will become the god of the new world along with Meyneth!" "I will eventually kill and then possess small child Shulk!"

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337

He's Zanza. Well, not Zanza. Klaus. And he's a Rosalina and Luma clone, with Alvis being the Luma. Everytime he attacks, he shouts a new spoiler from Xenoblade. "I will accidentally destroy the universe with a computer!" "I will become the god of the new world along with Meyneth!" "I will eventually kill and then possess small child Shulk!"
;_;

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You have to keep custom specials in mind as well. While that would make some sense for Battle Soul, would it really make sense if it had customization options based on Light Heal and/or Shadow Eye?
Light heal customization would likely have to do with cool down time and amount healed.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

...Why does this seem like something Sakurai would do?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
That's not beary nice.

But yeah, Light Heal swapping cool-down for healing power, sounds good.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
So if there are unique conversations and such, what do you think those relating to Shulk will be like?
Basically everyone who's robot-like going "Alright you stay ten feet away from me at all times kthxbai", and everyone who's god-like going "Alright you stay twenty feet away from me at all times kthxbai".

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Good to have ya!

Even though Xenoblade, TLS, and PT were part of Project Rainfall (I personally don't really like lumping them together), all three games couldn't be more different from each other. Of course, Xenoblade stands out on top, imo.
Yeah, I am just waiting to fin Xenoblade for a reasonable price before buying it. I liked Pandora's Tower but I really really enjoyed The Last Story's characters and story. I loved how it was an action RPG that did 3rd person shooter aspect better then other action RPGs that tried it. (Dirge of Cerberus) TLS was short but at the time I really didn't have time to play a super long game so The Last Story was the perfect game for me at the time.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Except for Robin. Now it's shipping time! (Said in Reyn's voice)
Robin: "So...that sword slays gods, huh? Hmm, think it could take out a giant dragon as well?"
Shulk: "I think I may be able to help you."

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
This has probably been discussed before but as we are so close to the full release of the game, do you think that xenoblade is the biggest Nintendo owned or part owned franchise going without a representative (as of yet) in the game so far?

Shulk is obviously has the highest chance of inclusion to the games of potential candidates but to have nothing so far, not even enemies or stages or assist trophies announced seems as though the developers are hiding something big. It's too big a series to not have anything, but then again verging on that small scale that you feel we may be going with minimal stuff from the series if you understand what I mean.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since Shulk is literally the only real candidate, revealing Xenoblade content would also basically confirm him.

Present or not, it'd be stupid not to have Xenoblade content if we have a Prince Sable AT and a ****in' Captain Rainbow trophy, we WILL have content from the series of literally the most popular newcomer in Japan.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
This has probably been discussed before but as we are so close to the full release of the game, do you think that xenoblade is the biggest Nintendo owned or part owned franchise going without a representative (as of yet) in the game so far?

Shulk is obviously has the highest chance of inclusion to the games of potential candidates but to have nothing so far, not even enemies or stages or assist trophies announced seems as though the developers are hiding something big. It's too big a series to not have anything, but then again verging on that small scale that you feel we may be going with minimal stuff from the series if you understand what I mean.

What are peoples thoughts on this?
It depends on how you define big. From a sales and profitability POV it's safe to say that Pushmo is bigger than Xenoblade. However Xenoblade does have a large dedicated fanbase.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
yeah pretty much I figured they werent showing any xenoblade because that'd be an obvious tip off towards Shulk being playable. Showing anything short of Shulk being an Assist would hint towards his existence of a playable character.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
It depends on how you define big. From a sales and profitability POV it's safe to say that Pushmo is bigger than Xenoblade. However Xenoblade does have a large dedicated fanbase.
...I'm not sure Pushmo is THAT big and Xenoblade is THAT small. I mean, Xenoblade DID sell every copy of its limited release in the States. And considering how expensive Chronicles X looks, it's clear Nintendo has high hopes for the future of the franchise.

I think Rhythm Heaven might be a bigger series without a Smash character, but other than that I think Xenoblade would be the biggest one.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
Yeah that is along the lines of what I was thinking @ TheFearsomeRyan TheFearsomeRyan ; @ Banjodorf Banjodorf .

However in saying that, Chorus Men had that enemy included in smash run and people have been gearing up that they are now more likely to be playable, although I dont see it hampering or improving their chances at all.

But maybe as in the case for ice climbers and Wario having content included (albeit they are returning veterans so its not completely out of the question) it has only made people more confident of their returns (if it was ever doubted).

@ Chalphy Chalphy I was unaware of those sales figures, and I wasn't really narrowing down on any aspect of 'big' just an overall feel of games and impact on the general public.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
...I'm not sure Pushmo is THAT big and Xenoblade is THAT small. I mean, Xenoblade DID sell every copy of its limited release in the States. And considering how expensive Chronicles X looks, it's clear Nintendo has high hopes for the future of the franchise.

I think Rhythm Heaven might be a bigger series without a Smash character, but other than that I think Xenoblade would be the biggest one.
Pushmo was marketed as the THE eShop game when it was first released, a very different scenario from Xenoblade. There are now three games in it's franchise, with a small line of merchandise being sold alongside it. I'm saying this as an insult to Xenoblade, but only as recognition of Pushmo's massive footprint.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
That moment when you're like "Pushmo didn't sell THAT well" and then you realize you own it o_O

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah that is along the lines of what I was thinking @ TheFearsomeRyan TheFearsomeRyan ; @ Banjodorf Banjodorf .

However in saying that, Chorus Men had that enemy included in smash run and people have been gearing up that they are now more likely to be playable, although I dont see it hampering or improving their chances at all.

But maybe as in the case for ice climbers and Wario having content included (albeit they are returning veterans so its not completely out of the question) it has only made people more confident of their returns (if it was ever doubted).

@ Chalphy Chalphy I was unaware of those sales figures, and I wasn't really narrowing down on any aspect of 'big' just an overall feel of games and impact on the general public.
The thing about the Sneaky Spirit is that Rhythm Heaven doesn't have a definable main character, so even if it hints that the series is going to get a rep, what exactly that rep is, outside of leaks hinting at Chorus Men (And I personally believe it is them.) is still up for debate.

However, if we got something like Mechon in Smash run, or Riki as an AT, it's pretty obvious who the frontrunner is for Xenoblade rep.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
The Pic of the Day is really late tonight......such a contrast from this last week where the pics were super early.....maybe something big gonna happen?
*Edit Called it! We got Metaknight inbound!

Last edited:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does meta knight's sword look like the mechonis' sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom