• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people compare Shulk and Robin even there hair don't look alike different bangs, hair color, hell even the hair length and the back of there hair is different.
Eh, I can kind of see it in the hair. But other than that, yeah, they look nothing alike.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Depending on what the final smash is, I think it would be hilarious if the Monado showed the symbol for whatever franchise the character it first hits is part of. Makes sense since the default symbol on the sword shows what it is capable of harming. Might be a bit much though.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If Shulk was ever in SSB4, they could implement some of the mechanics from XenoBlade Chronicles into his moveset.
1. Tension System: Shulk's portrait in smash bros could change according to how well he's fighting.
2. Arts: For both smashes and specials with additional secondary effects for fully charged up smashes.
3. Cooldown for his specials.
I made about it too, for anyone that's interested...

I really like these ideas, especially for smash attacks. I haven't thought of Shaker Edge as a Dsmash before. I hope AT LEAST one of those 3 mechanics are used.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So yeah, I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but I had a weird idea. What if, whenever Shulk got a Smash Ball, the symbol in the middle of the Monado was the Smash insignia? I thought it would be kind of cool. I don't know all that much about the game. But if I'm not mistaken, Shulk's sword changes it's symbol whenever he uses a special attack right?
Hmm, I never thought of it actually happening in the game before. I could see it though.
This reminds me of the messages that in the past I would make on Miiverse to support Shulk :-)

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
so tell me guys what level is the final boss?
Yeah, ???

Apparently it's supposed to be 81, but it's question marks because EPIC SYMBOLISM OHH
The first form is 81, the other forms are lv 82. You and your party should probably be at least lv 77 then
Enjoy the ending of the game! I wish I could do that for the first time again.
-
You know, it would be humourous, albeit odd, if Shulk's voice didn't sync up with his mouth in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
So, I've noticed that all of the people that tend to not want Shulk in haven't played Xenoblade. What do you think the chances are of them doing what they did with Brawl and including mini demos of some characters' games? If they did that again, anyone think they'd include a short Xenoblade demo?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, I've noticed that all of the people that tend to not want Shulk in haven't played Xenoblade. What do you think the chances are of them doing what they did with Brawl and including mini demos of some characters' games? If they did that again, anyone think they'd include a short Xenoblade demo?
They would include the battle at Sword Valley and the raid on Colony 9.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Bit of a problem with that. Y'see, to fully enjoy Xeno, they'd need to drop the players near somewhere like Gaur Plains. And, considering the massively spoilerific nature of Xeno, that'd cause a lot of problems. That and you wouldn't get that much time to enjoy Xenoblade like you're supposed to.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The demo would have to be almost an hour long to get non Xenoblade fans interested.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
78 seems to be a good level for the final boss

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I know a demo probably won't work, but... Man, I hope they at least start redistrubuting copies of Xenoblade.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I know a demo probably won't work, but... Man, I hope they at least start redistrubuting copies of Xenoblade.
I think a lot of people would buy a digital copy on the Wii U off of the E-Shop if it was offered.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Beat it at 65 :cool: (It is possible to do it around LV50-55)
In reality the boss is 81.

As for getting people to like Shulk/Xenoblade, They might use the iconic locations for a stage, for instance. (Gaur Plains, Eryth Sea, Sword Valley or Colony 9)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would rebuy a copy of the game on the E-Shop if the only difference was that I could play it on the Wii U tablet controller. I like having grindy RPGs to play on that thing while I watch TV.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I would rebuy a copy of the game on the E-Shop if the only difference was that I could play it on the Wii U tablet controller. I like having grindy RPGs to play on that thing while I watch TV.
I rebuy Xenoblade on the E-shop too I will to play it on the game pad mostly because I hate to keep buying batteries for my Wii remote.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It makes too much sense for Nintendo not to re-release the game. If they announced Shulk for Smash and at the same time released Xenoblade on the Wii U e-shop.... it would make the hype for X crazy.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think it would be better if they just did the same they did with Bayonetta giving us the 1st game as well when we buy the 2nd one. They probably won't do that sadly :(

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me.
Not that sales ever mattered, otherwise no one would know who Ness was, but people feel like because Xenoblade apparently didn't crack a million or whatever Shulk doesn't deserve to be in.
But which do you think is more impressive. Hitting a million sales, or selling OUT? And then Gamestop reprinting copies and labeling them as used? In this sense, I feel like the fact that so many people want it but can't play it due to it's high price means much more than a number attached to the word "sales".
I know Shulk's probably in the game, but this is for the sake of conversation/debate.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That reminds me.
Not that sales ever mattered, otherwise no one would know who Ness was, but people feel like because Xenoblade apparently didn't crack a million or whatever Shulk doesn't deserve to be in.
But which do you think is more impressive. Hitting a million sales, or selling OUT? And then Gamestop reprinting copies and labeling them as used? In this sense, I feel like the fact that so many people want it but can't play it due to it's high price means much more than a number attached to the word "sales".
I know Shulk's probably in the game, but this is for the sake of conversation/debate.
Xenoblade is also undertracked because Game Stop received copies at various points and I've never been able to find out just how many copies those were. The game sold at least 900k.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
If series recieved representation based on sales and sales alone the roster would be 15/15/15 Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. Jus' sayin'.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Eh, I haven't really played much Xenoblade recently. It's been a bout a week and a half or so. I was just about to enter Prison Island. I should really go do that.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
That reminds me.
Selling out is better, you can sell a million copies and it can still be a failure it all depend to the budget of the game, you make a game that cost two million to make and only make one million in sales you made no money. Many people think mobile gaming is going to take over and these big game developers are going to port their games to mobile phones and they going to make more money from it, but the need to understand that the mobile crowd don't buy games a $60 most of the game on mobile are $1 or free. Going mobile is not going to make them a lot of money if they are making a big budget game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Beat it at 65 :cool: (It is possible to do it around LV50-55)
In reality the boss is 81.
Just wondering, would beating it at level 71 make you get the "defeat an enemy 10 levels above you" achievement? Cause when an enemy red-tags you like that you get actual disadvantages like the enemy's stats going above yours. Will it even count since it's the final boss?

or I could just be cheap and find a Gogol on Gaur Plain and while 10 levels below it put it to sleep and then shove it off a cliff

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
That reminds me.
People have stupid arbitrary rules as to why a character should/shouldn't be in Smash. It's why when I look at fan rosters I'm glad Sakurai is making the game and not one of us.

I remember right after Rosalina got announced for Smash they showed a trailer for Mario Kart 8 confirming she's in that game as well. I can see them doing that with Shulk. Announce him for Smash at the next Direct, hen right after announce a Xenoblade HD remake similar to Wind Waker HD. I know some say just bundle it with X similar to Bayonetta. My only problem with that is we don't know when X is coming out. Earliest is probably Summer, heck it may come out Fall next year. So I feel like releasing Xenoblade HD right around the time Smash 4 comes out is the perfect time to entice people interested in Shulk to try the first game before the second one comes out.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
People have stupid arbitrary rules as to why a character should/shouldn't be in Smash. It's why when I look at fan rosters I'm glad Sakurai is making the game and not one of us.

I remember right after Rosalina got announced for Smash they showed a trailer for Mario Kart 8 confirming she's in that game as well. I can see them doing that with Shulk. Announce him for Smash at the next Direct, hen right after announce a Xenoblade HD remake similar to Wind Waker HD. I know some say just bundle it with X similar to Bayonetta. My only problem with that is we don't know when X is coming out. Earliest is probably Summer, heck it may come out Fall next year. So I feel like releasing Xenoblade HD right around the time Smash 4 comes out is the perfect time to entice people interested in Shulk to try the first game before the second one comes out.
I hope they do the HD instead of bundle or if they bundle it have it be in HD too

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so something I just though of a item they could give in the game is those red pollon orbs the Nonpon use since they said it makes them stronger maybe it could be a power boost

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hope they do the HD instead of bundle or if they bundle it have it be in HD too
I will like a HD xenoblade too, but I'm find anyway they choose as long as that many people get to play the game I'm find with it.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
so something I just though of a item they could give in the game is those red pollon orbs the Nonpon use since they said it makes them stronger maybe it could be a power boost
That's actually a really good idea. Fairly obscure, but good. I think it could be cool if they simplified gems and made them items. Picking them up could give the player a random buff.

Of course, it would be super complicated, so I doubt they'll do it.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
That's actually a really good idea. Fairly obscure, but good. I think it could be cool if they simplified gems and made them items. Picking them up could give the player a random buff.

Of course, it would be super complicated, so I doubt they'll do it.
I don't think it's that hard, they did it with the coins on the New Super Mario Bros. stage where you collect 100 coins you turn gold and your attacks are stronger.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, Shulk really does look too much like robin. You just need to take a closer look :troll:
Robin and Shulk are actually twins separated at birth/WMG

...I'll take my leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom